Palm IIIxe did I buy a piece of junk?

I have bought a Palm IIIxe; I believe it is a knock off due to no serial number on the back. It worked fine when I first got it, but now it doesn’t work at all. I tried fresh batteries, pushing in the reset button and still nothing. Any ideals or did I waste my money, and I should just pitch it in the trash and be done with it?

I have bought a Palm IIIxe; I believe it is a knock off due to no serial number on the back. It worked fine when I first got it, but now it doesn’t work at all. I tried fresh batteries, pushing in the reset button and still nothing. Any ideals or did I waste my money, and I should just pitch it in the trash and be done with it?

I doubt it is a knock off because there is no serial. Probably the sticker wore off. Anyways when it did work did you see anywhere on the unit maybe the startup logo that says palm. If you did then its a palm. If you tried all those things like batteries and the reset button, it would appear the unit is dead. Just get rid of it or use it a door stop.

Storm180

I also have a palm IIIxe. I have been known to put the batteries in incorrectly did you make sure they are all in correctly? :rolleyes: No offense intended. The palm support site has some info on this.

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE...,Case=obj(1398)

http://www.palm.com/us/support/palm3xe/

If it worked when you got it we can hope it is something easy to correct. check out the FAQ and the Support Knowledge Library. Good Luck