Taking a Break...

Fluttershy

After the recent event in a thread brought on much embarrassment to me,

I'm feeling rather dismayed by my whole involvement in this community.

I think I'm just going to take a break for now.

The only reason why I'm sharing this, is because I had several projects in the works...

which for now, I'm halting.

G&G's

Bunny

Cache Savers

Scooter

Cat got your Cache

I may resume in a few months...

I'll still honor Geo 40 Trades, and will be sending out the Broken Records when I get them.

Thanks for understanding.

I won't be posting for awhile, nor am I attending GW5.

No Drama... just sharing the information that was needed. Bye for now.

Fluttershy

I won't be posting for awhile, nor am I attending GW5.

No Drama... just sharing the information that was needed. Bye for now.

Fluttershy

I was really looking forward to getting to meet you,maybe we can alter our drive plans and stop by to see you on our way home from upstate NY. *hugs* you better still be on messenger!

Oh Allie,

I'm so sorry to hear this. You are just one of the kindest most generous individuals out there. I'm sure nobody wanted anything like this to happen. Everyone who has been a part of your geocoin endeavors and "secret" geocoin projects has been greatly iimpacted by your kindness and generosity. You are greatly loved in this geocoin community of ours. If you really decide to take a break, which I understand, please don't stay away very long. These forums wouldn't be the same without you. You bring a brightness and cheer to these threads.

I'll be in touch with you shortly via email. I just want you to know that you've definately brightened my life, and that would've never happened if you hadn't visited these forums. Please don't leave :rolleyes:

You are a big part of the sunshine in this forum ;) You have no reason to be embarrassed at least in my opinion. I hope to see that pretty pink butterfly posting again soon, go rejuvenate your enthusiasm, take care.

P.S. I always get a kick out of the designs your always coming up with.

Tsun :rolleyes:

You are just one of the kindest most generous individuals out there. I'm sure nobody wanted anything like this to happen. Everyone who has been a part of your geocoin endeavors and "secret" geocoin projects has been greatly iimpacted by your kindness and generosity. You are greatly loved in this geocoin community of ours. If you really decide to take a break, which I understand, please don't stay away very long. These forums wouldn't be the same without you. You bring a brightness and cheer to these threads.

I couldnt agree more. Karma summed it up very nicely.

Allie, you are already missed... :rolleyes:

Allie,

I first got to know you with the Secret cupid project. I knew then you were a special, nice, caring person! Hope to see you back in here again soon!

Don't be gone long as you definitly do brighten up the forums!

Take care and come back soon! :rolleyes:

The key thing to remember is that this is a community.

1)Some folks will like/agree with what/who you are.

2)Some folks will respectfully disagree.

3)Some folks will disrespectfully disagee. However, it is this last group that is in the minority.

If there are actions you took that embarrassed you (I do not know the thread you refer to), then taking a break to re-assess how you wish to participate in this coin-craze is not a bad idea.

If someone just made you feel bad and you are still happy with your involvement and actions - then consider some of the posts above - there are folks that have enjoyed your participation.

Just some thoughts for you to mull over.

FLUTTERSHY, THOUGH WE'VE NOT HAD ANY DIRECT CONNECTION, I MUST SAY (AS ONE OF THE WALLFLOWERS IN THIS FORUM) THAT YOUR POINT OF VIEW AND CONTRIBUTIONS TO THIS "COMMUNITY" HAVE ALWAYS BEEN WELL CONCEIVED AND EQUALLY WELL CONVEYED. I'M SORRY YOU FEEL AS YOU NOW DO, BUT WITH TIME, I HOPE THIS ANXIETY WILL PASS. IN THE INTERIM, KNOW YOU'RE PRESENCE WILL BE MISSED ON THESE BOARDS AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY AND ENJOY THE SCENERY! SOMETIMES THE JOURNEY IS THE DESTINATION... NABOBISH

I'm going to echo everyone else. ;) Although I have had no dealings myself with you I have always kept an eye on your projects and other interest in these forums. I can understand you needing to take some time, I guess the kindness/ good intentions of some people can sometimes have a negative effect on those they are trying to help. :(

Keep your chin up, stay positive, take some time and hopefully we will see you back here soon :rolleyes:

Mark (Elmo)

Other than being familiar with your name only I don't know you at all and have never had any contact with you of any sort. I will say though that if even half of what people are saying here is true I have to believe yor a pretty good egg and the community would be a better place with more folks like you in it. Peace

The bottom line is...this is supposed to be a fun hobby. When it becomes stressful, or starts to feel like work, it's time to take a vacation.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing! Just think of all the new designs that will be out there when you poke your head back in!

Other than being familiar with your name only I don't know you at all and have never had any contact with you of any sort. I will say though that if even half of what people are saying here is true I have to believe yor a pretty good egg and the community would be a better place with more folks like you in it. Peace

Exactly my situation and what I was thinking. Good response and I echo the same.

Hi Allie, I'm very sorry to see what has happened and that you are [having to] take a break. You are a great asset to this communuity, and provide a lot of inspiration and hope to others.

It is a real shame that some quickly sent, not completely thought out (but at the same time well meaning) emails have caused two important people in this community to be put in the spotlight and embarassed - through no real fault of either of them, but more throught the direct quick-fire actions of others.

Any coins I receive I want it to be because I've either bought them, traded for them, won them, been sent them to release, or as a deserved gift. Not because someone has felt pressured to send them. Some of you should think about this last sentence.

Anyway, Allie - Please call again soon!!

PS. Edited for spelling/gramma

Edited by keewee01

Allie, I'm so sorry something happened to cause you to take a break from the forums... I will miss reading your posts and seeing your new coin ideas. I hope the break is shortlived and that you come back soon. Until then I'll miss seeing your colorful designs and great creativity... Take care.

Howdy....

I used to be semi-active in the forums... and then with work... and a skiing injury... and then a geo-injury.... and a cat with cancer... and just getting busy with life, I only read the subject lines these days. It's about all I have time for.... So, I have no idea what happened to make you want to take a break. But I know you must be as big an addict as the rest of us, so I hope you don't take whatever happened too much to heart..... If you need somebody to buy/trade coins for you, please don't hesitate to contact me. I do try to stay in touch with that part of the whole thing :0)

Take care.... and just keep saying, "This too shall pass." It always helps me through the bumpy parts of life :rolleyes:

Allie, as others have already said, your presence here will be missed while you're away.

Take some time (not TOO much) to get your head right, but don't let an unfortunate misunderstanding keep you away from something you seem to love. I think most people understand that you didn't intend for things to go the way they did, and I'm sure even those who have other opinions will forgive and forget, and none of us want to see you leave the community.

Allie, as others have already said, your presence here will be missed while you're away.

Take some time (not TOO much) to get your head right, but don't let an unfortunate misunderstanding keep you away from something you seem to love. I think most people understand that you didn't intend for things to go the way they did, and I'm sure even those who have other opinions will forgive and forget, and none of us want to see you leave the community.

Ditto Allie....

I screw up all the time here, and keep coming back, so don't let anyone chase you away. You are a great person and I hope you come back soon.

Do some caching, go to a few events, but MOST importantly, come back soon!

I too am sorry for your dismay. :sad:

Though we too have never met, I have met you on youtube...It was one of the first Cache videos I watched, and I was touched at your sweetness and overall enthusiasm of your new thrill.

Since then, I have got to enjoy 2 of your beautiful coins of which my girlfriend absolutley loves (She got the Bee on Valentines & the Blue Butterfly on her B-Day).

I do not know what this is about nor do I care, I just feel bad that you feel the NEED to take a break from this community. I myself am very new here, though I seem to have made myself right at home, I have done so because of the good natured people that are here and the fun that is to be had (I love this forum!). I have met some great people here... and are many to come...and Just so you know-I was lookin forward to meeting you at Geocoinfest-sorry you couldnt make it. You were one of the 1st names I remember on these forums, and I sure hate to have never even of met you...even through an email. So I hope you feel better soon...and dont forget about all of us waitin for you and your cool ideas- we still need to see those come to life.

So as Im sure most would agree here, we will glady have you back whenever we can have the pleasure too...Hope to see you soon! .....Oh Yeah!-PLEASE and THANK YOU! :sad:

Edited by 007BigD

Allie, I don't know what happened to make you feel the way you feel but it is a real shame and I feel badly. I only know you from the forums but you seem to be a person who enjoys contributing to other people's enjoyment. You develop projects that the rest of us enjoy so much. My only advise is to ponder this a while and be sure this is what you want to do. Whatever your decision is, you have our support. If you go away for a break, we will be patiently awaiting your return so we can once again enjoy your company. God bless!

Sometimes the forums and geocoin collecting can consume a large portion of our lives. I took a break from actively participating over the summer and did more caching than geocoin collecting because I just didn't have enough time to do both. I continued to make coin trades and showed off my coins at events but not as actively as I had done previously. The break was nice and helped me put things into perspective and I'm now actively back into geocoin collecting and the forums but on a different level.

I hope things work out for you and I hope to see both of you continue to participate in this community in the future! Geocaching and geocoin collecting are supposed to be fun. Now, go out and have some fun! :sad:

Allie, I don't know what happened to make you feel the way you feel but it is a real shame and I feel badly. I only know you from the forums but you seem to be a person who enjoys contributing to other people's enjoyment. You develop projects that the rest of us enjoy so much. My only advise is to ponder this a while and be sure this is what you want to do. Whatever your decision is, you have our support. If you go away for a break, we will be patiently awaiting your return so we can once again enjoy your company. God bless!

That pretty much sums it up for me too!!!

Ditto what everyone else has said. I'm so sorry Allie! You have brought so much joy to the caching community! Please don't stay away long! Do some caching, have some fun! We will watch for your pretty & cheerful pink butterfly wings to return!

That goes for all of us, I'm sure!!(Some of us, like me, are not so good with words)

Allie,

Although I have never met you, you are one of the dominant forces that I have come to know on the forums. I haven't been on these forums for too long, but one thing really stood out for me. . .your design talent and enthusiasm for geocoins. I was always amazed by your creative thinking and ability to keep everything straight. I kept wondering how in the world does this person have enough time to do all of this?

I haven't been lucky enough to be included in any of your projects, but when you come back (not if) I hope to see more of your projects and hopefully get there in time to be included! <_<

BTW, you have a beautiful voice, (utube). You are a girl of many talents. Don't stay away too long. Godspeed!