SoCal small-scale coin event

Windkissed

If you post it as an event cache, you'll easily get 100 or more people show up. Heck, I get 30+ people show up for geocoin unevents up here just by posting in our local forums.

There's definitely interest in a small scale event (more interest if there is an event specific coin involved :) )

I'm not sure if I would drive down though, it would depend on the location and the activities.

--Marky

Unrelated? Has any discussion occured on the main forums about event "icons" or "flags" where the organizor of the event can make note of specific activities taking place that can be searched?

For example, if I am having an event, it would be neat to be able to select from a checklist to let cachers know the "type" of event it will be: CITO, Coins, Contests, Puzzles, Competition, Orienteering, Club, BEER, Food....

I am not sure of how deep this list would need to be and/or what activities are "special" enough to get noted.

That said - around here and event is an event. There are caches, there are coins, there is food. So it may be unique to areas that have so many events that filtering may be desired.

Unrelated? Has any discussion occured on the main forums about event "icons" or "flags" where the organizor of the event can make note of specific activities taking place that can be searched?

For example, if I am having an event, it would be neat to be able to select from a checklist to let cachers know the "type" of event it will be: CITO, Coins, Contests, Puzzles, Competition, Orienteering, Club, BEER, Food....

I am not sure of how deep this list would need to be and/or what activities are "special" enough to get noted.

That said - around here and event is an event. There are caches, there are coins, there is food. So it may be unique to areas that have so many events that filtering may be desired.

It's certainly worth bringin up with Groundspeak. Currently, we have CITO, event and mega event. It doesn't do much to distinguish what sort (I know the description does, but is sometimes hard to dig out).

In my work's email list, we tag all email with a general subject. Maybe that would suffice as a start. Something like:

[Geocoins] Monthly geocoin trading event

or

[Picnic] First Day of Spring event

or

[Dinner] Pizza and Beer event

Just some thoughts.

--Marky

LFD - what do you mean by BEER? Is that a specific type of event or a checklist of things to take? :rolleyes: