60Cx question--Travel Time Between Two Points

I have the Garmin 60Cx with all the autorouting maps loaded.

I'm not sure if it's possible to do this but is there a way that I can get the travel time by road using autorouting between two points when I am not located at one of the two points?

In other words, let's say I live in Seattle but I would like to know the drive time between Boston and Los Angeles by road using autorouting. Is this possible to do? I know I can get the mileage and drive time between my location and anywhere but can I do it between two points when I am located at a third point?

Thanks

I have the Garmin 60Cx with all the autorouting maps loaded.

I'm not sure if it's possible to do this but is there a way that I can get the travel time by road using autorouting between two points when I am not located at one of the two points?

In other words, let's say I live in Seattle but I would like to know the drive time between Boston and Los Angeles by road using autorouting. Is this possible to do? I know I can get the mileage and drive time between my location and anywhere but can I do it between two points when I am located at a third point?

Thanks

Unfortunately on the GPSr Garmin insists that the route begin at the current location (if you are at home you can of course use MapSource to do it.

On the 60Cx you can create a route from your current location with an intermediate point in Boston, then look at the intermediate times and milages. Since I live in Los Angeles, I reversed your route; it shows 3042 miles to Boston in 49:58 hours, then 6101 miles to Seattle (but stopped giving times at 5512 miles with 90:32 hours; guess the hours overflow after that.

You might be able to do it by going to "Use with GPS off" and changing your location, but it seems like I've tried this before without any luck.

Maybe someday Garmin will see fit to allow selected starting points for routs.

Thanks for the help.

CenTexDodger I'm not sure what "Demo Mode" is. I couldn't find any info on that in the manual so I don't know how to use it.

Hertzog your method will have to work until Garmin someday adds this feature to their Units.

CenTexDodger's approach is actually what I was suggesting at the end of my post, and it does work, but still a bit cumbersome (I tried it after the post, but didn't repost).

Once you are running, set "Use with GPS off" on the satellite page menu, then select "New Location" on the same menu page. The cumbersome part is you will then have to pan to your desired starting point and enter it (I happened to still have the LA-Boston-Seattle route on the map, so essentially panned along it to Boston and set it as the "New Location". Once you've set the new location you use the usual procedures for finding the end point and telling the GPSr to autoroute; I think it's at this point that it asks you if you want to go into demo mode. You will then have the desired route, and can simulate driving it if you want (this has never interested me much, so I don't know how useful it is.) About as cumbersome as the first approach, but useful to know about.

I was basing my instruction on the 60CS, as I don't have a 60CSx yet, however, I figured that they were similar. In the Menu, then system, I think there is a setting where you can set it to Normal, Battery Saver, GPS Off, and demo mode. Demo mode is to use the functions without having to use the GPS receiver.

I was basing my instruction on the 60CS, as I don't have a 60CSx yet, however, I figured that they were similar. In the Menu, then system, I think there is a setting where you can set it to Normal, Battery Saver, GPS Off, and demo mode. Demo mode is to use the functions without having to use the GPS receiver.

That gets you to the demo mode also. Another thought I had: If I wanted to use this approach to do routing, I would first set a waypoint at my start point before going into the demo mode; that makes it a lot easier to pan to the location to set the position.