I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours

A quick update on the ND CITO. (The first ever for the state. :huh: ) We have 35 confirmed attendees and with any luck will have a few more show up. The forecast is sunny 56 and 0% chance of precip.

I hope all of you have a great day. And here's to even bigger numbers for all the states next year.

Happy CITOing.

Are the graphs ever going to be updated again or has this "contest" just died? This was a great way to see what everyone else is doing and to really spark an interest in holding CITO events. The environment ultimately is the victor. Plus, we always score good PR points with the park managers, media, etc.

Edited by Hologram21

hey you forgot to add alaska ......

Cool, surferacf!

You want to keep up with the updates?

Sure!

CITOgraph2.jpg

Graph of all upcoming CITO events by state

Question: IS the graph supposed to represent all upcoming CITO events for each state, or all CITO events for each state YTD? I checked Guyute1210's clain of 11 PA CITOs, but only saw 8.

NM has had a couple this year, I don't have the exact count, and I don't know how many are in the works. I know we'll be conducting one in the spring but don't have a date as we have to wait for the snow melt first. But, Las Cruces (a city in NM), has a monthly citywide cleanup. We took some time doing it while we were gecaching on a trip. There was actually a lot of people out along the roadside working. I wish more cities organized events like this.

Every state wins thanks to the idea of CITO and the efforts of Geocachers across the country!!

I wholeheartedly agree. But this is just a friendly back and forth between me and Isonzo Karst.

I agree also. I try to attend CITO events as often as I can. So far, I've made it to CITO events in Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida.

I should have phrased my question differently. I just wondered which state hosted the most CITO events last year.