Coin giveaway! Team Macha personal coin!

Team Macha

I would like to give away one of my new personals (top 40) and will be doing so to the person who can win this contest. The person who wins will need to solve the problem to my satisfaction. Also they will need to email/pm me ASAP because I will be leaving soon for a long trip. If no one answers the question correctly by 9:00 pm CST then I will pick the person with the closest answer. You may need to use the diagram provided to solve the problem. Good luck! You'll need it :( :

The original Ferris wheel was much different from the ones of today. They had 36 cars which carried approx 40 people each and were 250 ft. in diameter. They made 1 revolution every 10 minutes. Assume in the diagram that at the point (125,0) there is a car. You need to show the equation of the line (on a graph) that the car makes. In other words a sinusoidal graph. Be sure to include “sine” in your equation.

If you want “extra points” (nothing really) you can draw the graph of the line. It may help convince me you know what you’re talking about.

img174ux7.th.jpg

And it had to be a question with circles, too. If it was a rectangle maybe I could've figured it out. :(

I might give away another one when I get back from my trip and I'll try to make it a little less demanding on ones brain. I guess I have though of one now and could post it....

well you don't really need a calc if you leave it in terms of pi. just plugging in numbers. I guess the main thing was knowing the base equation of a sin 2pi/b

to all of you, now that you know the answer does it make a little more sense? hopefully....maybe....

Edited by Team Macha

I take it your a math teacher/ Professor Macha.

nope I just was learning from my son who is taking precalc and he just unlocked some things i had learned when I took it way back when. a long time ago in a land far far away. I thought one of his homework questions would go for a great contest.

I take it your a math teacher/ Professor Macha.

nope I just was learning from my son who is taking precalc and he just unlocked some things i had learned when I took it way back when. a long time ago in a land far far away. I thought one of his homework questions would go for a great contest.

Wow..... Now I remember why I hated school!!

Edited by 501_Gang