Great cache loggers

Of special note round my area must be Lollybob for great logs which make me laugh loads (including daft tales about Daisy getting into maither, generally :( ), Gingerbreadman (Andy normally proving to himself his ineptness whilst the rest of us know he's a proper pro on the sly), MarsBars (for always digging at Andy and for looking appen Pretty in Pink), Carlos and The Birdie Crew (for the awesome logs around YVP and on Subaru).

Best log is maybe Carlos's log of yesterday which will no doubt be referred to from this point onwards as "that poo log" :( much in the same way as Liz Hurley wore "that dress" :P

Of special note round my area must be Lollybob for great logs which make me laugh loads (including daft tales about Daisy getting into maither, generally :laughing: ), Gingerbreadman (Andy normally proving to himself his ineptness whilst the rest of us know he's a proper pro on the sly), MarsBars (for always digging at Andy and for looking appen Pretty in Pink), Carlos and The Birdie Crew (for the awesome logs around YVP and on Subaru).

Best log is maybe Carlos's log of yesterday which will no doubt be referred to from this point onwards as "that poo log" :laughing: much in the same way as Liz Hurley wore "that dress" :)

Oh Pup, you forgot Citizen Smith!

I agree with Pup on the above cachers being complete nutters when writting their logs. They are a pleasure to read and are so very amusing. We always look at the cachers logs above to see what antics they have been up to, its like reading your fav comic strip. Pups logs are highly amusing too....if you can understand his dialect! I have to translate them for Bob as he has no idea what Pups on about lol.

I have to translate them for Bob as he has no idea what Pups on about lol.

And there's me thinking I'm the official Chorleyese translator! :)

As I lived in Lancashire for years n years til somone decided to kick me into Greater Manchester :laughing:, I think I can take the title Hazel hehe....and having a 19 yr old son who is reet broad spoken does give me an advantage LOL

But I could do with some help with Bobs accent! :laughing:

On my patch Alibags usually tells a tall tale worth reading, and drsolly seem to have more than their fair share of adventures. House of Boo's tend to include a lot of drunk detail (Events only, I think/hope) and [censored for a quiet life] two word logs always make me chuckle, but probably for the wrong reasons :)

According to Its Not About the Numbers

Biggest Log

Alibags Log 666

Haggis Hunter Log 624

Alibags Log 613

Haggis Hunter Log 527

Alibags Log 523

Alibags Log 508

Alibags Log 508

Alibags Log 507

markandlynn Log 504

Alibags Log 503

Average words per log

Alibags 121.1

markandlynn 114.2

Haggis Hunter 88

MBFace 85.6

garyhoney 80.2

Stuey 79.4

scottpa100 60.7

chizu 55.2

katiegremlin 47

G Force 44.2

Upload your stats and remember to set your home country up in the preferences.

My favourite is Tinkerbell, a frequent visitor to these parts. Her logs always make me smile, such enthusiasm in one so young (7years I believe). Apparently some cache owners have got annoyed with her phonetic spelling, but to me, it's the best bit. :)

Here's the address of one of her logs (sorry I still don't know how to post links properly):

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...69-dae5ccfc1eed

edited to say, ooh the link worked all by itself, weird!

Edited by jennie.m

Even though Philpamandrob are massive FTF'ers and do lots and lots in a day, their logs always give a great account of their trips...

Even if they didn't - I get an email update on them every Monday!! :)

Always very useful if he gets the FTF, and I'm going for it later on!!

Biggest Log

Alibags Log 666

SNIP

UK's gobbiest cacher! :laughing: That does not include the logs which I have written that were SO big I had to split them into two logs!

I dont understand it, as normally I am so quiet and shy :laughing:

I like reading witty, entertaining and sometimes just downright weird logs. More I say!!!

As long as 666 is not a measurement of a log you left regarding someones cache!! :) (Would have beep apt for that cache we did in Essex. LOL!

Can I mention my log for the The Muppet Show - Miss Piggy? Well I just did. It was a bit surreal really.

Oh Paul...how could we not mention your great logs too! :)

You write brilliant logs and we love to read them.

It makes placing caches even more fun when you know that you are going to get some great logs.

But after saying that some peeps dont go in for writting big logs and thats ok by me too.

I dont mind at all but its great to read some logs! Very amusing!

I always think that someone has taken the time and the effort to place the cache for others to find, and no matter how bad the area is I will always say TFTC.

I used to hate micros but now I dont mind them at all. There are some clever micro hides out there and its fun finding them.

Oh I cant wait to get out caching this weekend!....I wonder what our daft dog will do next! :laughing:

We love the logs that are long, descriptive and usually funny. The cachers that give us our best logs in this area are

SidAndBob

The Blorenges

Valliant Knight

Satellite Kid

:laughing::laughing::P:P:)

Thank you, Mrs FB :) We've enjoyed your logs as well.

We also get very amusing logs from Hugh Jampton and Chaotica_UK when they invade from across the watery divide to clear up the SE Wales caches.

MrsB :smile:

According to Its Not About the Numbers

Biggest Log

Alibags Log 666

SNIP

UK's gobbiest cacher! :) That does not include the logs which I have written that were SO big I had to split them into two logs!

I dont understand it, as normally I am so quiet and shy :laughing:

I like reading witty, entertaining and sometimes just downright weird logs. More I say!!!

I just added my stats to itsnotaboutthenumbers, and I am now the UK's gobbiest cacher, according to the size of my biggest logs :-) Plus I have six of the top ten gobbiest logs. But Alibags is still gobbier than me overall.

Here's an unusual log I did yesterday:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a5-6d63c4498b5c

I just added my stats to itsnotaboutthenumbers, and I am now the UK's gobbiest cacher, according to the size of my biggest logs :-) Plus I have six of the top ten gobbiest logs. But Alibags is still gobbier than me overall.

WOT?!!!! I demand a stewards enquiry!!!

Here's an unusual log I did yesterday:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a5-6d63c4498b5c

Alan,

I am seriously beginning to worry about you....

Lester

:rolleyes:

Jeeez, I was already worried about him, now I am really very concerned about his mental health. Ah well that's care in the community for ya, I am only glad caching provides such great service ... - - - ... ;)

Edited by fraggle69

Alan,

Lester

Great, that'll save me having to do it.

I think it's worth going to a bit of trouble to write up a good log; the cache setter went to all the trouble of placing the cache, doing the paperwork, getting harassed by cachers. For that cache, some very useful info is given in morse code if you visit the cache page, so it seemed to me that logging in morse would be appropriate.

And I enjoy relating the adventures that we have in caching.

for me its fellmanhiker and tashington they do great logs about the area and weather and usually witty coments............

Keeping it in the family "the famous" windywalkers produces some gems as well but I second the vote for his workmate, Donaldrinho.

Alan,

Lester

I think it's worth going to a bit of trouble to write up a good log; the cache setter went to all the trouble of placing the cache, doing the paperwork, getting harassed by cachers. For that cache, some very useful info is given in morse code if you visit the cache page, so it seemed to me that logging in morse would be appropriate.

On the subject of being completely and utterly mental, do you guys wanna meet up for a night cache here insane I want to play the part of the insane hack and slasher....

Edited by fraggle69

Alan,

Lester

On the subject of being completely and utterly mental, do you guys wanna meet up for a night cache here insane I want to play the part of the insane hack and slasher....

Email sent

Thank you, Mrs FB :rolleyes: We've enjoyed your logs as well.

We also get very amusing logs from Hugh Jampton and Chaotica_UK when they invade from across the watery divide to clear up the SE Wales caches.

MrsB ;)

Ah yes. Those two. :( As they've not made it our way recently we'd forgotten them, but agree whole heartedly that their logs are highly amusing. :(

Alan,

Lester

Email sent

Alan,

Lester

Email sent

Email sent Muhahahahahaha

Crivens! I didn't even know such an analysis was available! Just downloaded my stats.....um......I know I often write long logs but I didn't realise......

You don't seem to be on the top 10 lists allie - to get on that list you need to enter a password when you upload your PQ. Then you need to login (top right of any page) and then change your preferences so it knows you're in the UK.

Yes, I was going to say that, in our area, allieballie writes quite long and interesting logs. They make you feel like you've been to the cache with her! :sad:

Jack Aubrey's logs are also quite good. It's very entertaining when he sticks to the theme of his caching name, what with the Surprise (his vehicle), the First Lieutenant (his son) and the Admiral (his father, I believe). Oh, and we can't forget about his queen, Firth Of Forth. Great stuff! :sad:

Morton who is an Edinburgh cacher, has more than his fair share of DNF's, but his logs for them always make me chuckle.

Here are is adventures for a tricky Edinburgh cache called Boun' Tae find it (Geddit?) - 1st DNF log, 2nd DNF log & nearly his 3rd DNF but managed a Find log.

It's a pity that you don't have access to all of a persons DNF logs, as Morton's are always funny.

MrsB :sad:

Thanks Mrs B, thats very kind of you. I understand the passports are still valid and the transport has been recently washed in preparation for a clear up visit over the water tomorrow. Someones been littering the area with new caches since our last visit. :sad:

My favourite logs come from Corporal Goretex, they are so honest.

Mark :)

Edited by Chaotica_UK

I know this sounds biased but some of the funniest logs I have read are from the Dancing Samurais. This one cracked me up:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...d6-0c00daf51966

I always enjoy reading logs from House of Boo and LordElph as well (not that they have done any of my caches *yet*)

As was pointed out earlier, it's always nice to read of "adventures" had by people whilst visiting the caches, and also the comments they make about the cache and the area in general. I get lots of logs from people who have lived in this area for years and never actually been to the cache site. It's nice to be able to show the locals something they never realised was there.

I also appreciate it when they take the time to post a photo or two on the page as well. :sad:

Morton who is an Edinburgh cacher, has more than his fair share of DNF's, but his logs for them always make me chuckle.

Here are is adventures for a tricky Edinburgh cache called Boun' Tae find it (Geddit?) - 1st DNF log, 2nd DNF log & nearly his 3rd DNF but managed a Find log.

It's a pity that you don't have access to all of a persons DNF logs, as Morton's are always funny.

Still cracking up at these logs!!! he should write a book. :sad:

Still cracking up at these logs!!! he should write a book. :laughing:

Inspiration to anybody who always writes TNLN, because they cant think of anything else.

Excellent read.

Mark

I have to translate them for Bob as he has no idea what Pups on about lol.

And there's me thinking I'm the official Chorleyese translator! :ph34r:

As I lived in Lancashire for years n years til somone decided to kick me into Greater Manchester :ph34r:, I think I can take the title Hazel hehe....and having a 19 yr old son who is reet broad spoken does give me an advantage LOL

But I could do with some help with Bobs accent! :ph34r:

Ar bay gunna av that :blink: , Bob spakes proper dow E :lol: . Ps love the logs .