geocoin club

archi77

K, again, remember I'm new to all this...

In my endless internet surfing, I came across the geocoin club site (www.geocoinclub.com) and was looking it over. Is it worth it? Seems kinda pricey to me...$69 for 6 coins (1 per month), etc. Is there anything else with it? Does anyone here subscribe?

Just curious...not ready to mortgage the house yet, but these coins look addictive... :(

In my endless internet surfing, I came across the geocoin club site (www.geocoinclub.com) and was looking it over. Is it worth it? Seems kinda pricey to me...$69 for 6 coins (1 per month), etc. Is there anything else with it? Does anyone here subscribe?

Just curious...not ready to mortgage the house yet, but these coins look addictive... :(

I really like coin clubs, and not just the one you named. You get coins every month, without asking, for a nominal price. Your subscription just renews, and coins show up. My two cents :(

There are some advantages including coins available only to members. Others come as surprises like the latest release coming with 2 coins for the price of one (with one being a collection piece and the other for travel) or other goodies. Your ability to get coins that are members only might also improve your odds in making trades, too. Food for thought :(

You get to purchase coins that were sent out in prior months that are not available to non subscribers, except on ebay or by trade. These coins range from $8.50 to $10. Add s&h and $69 for 6 months ain't so bad, considering the alternative (ebay sellers charge an average $3 s&h).

Shouldn't someone warn them to flee? :(

I know it's too late for most of us who frequent this forum, but isn't it our duty to protect those who aren't yet addicted? :(

When it comes to THIS addiction, Im of the 'Drag 'em down with us" philosophy. Heck - running away is for the weak... or is it strong? Whatever... go buy some coins.

I belong to 2 coin clubs and I love both of them. It is always a nice surprise to get them in the mail, like getting gifts every month. Besides, like someone else mentioned, these clubs are very generous, often giving you extra coins, pins, and pathtags. :)

Welcome to the addiction!! Or, maybe not. The more of us there are, the harder it will be to get our favorite coins. But, that is one reason I like the clubs. I don't have to be on-line at strange hours waiting for a coin to become available. It will be in my mailbox without me having to fret over it. It is also now almost impossible to buy some of the earlier coins that these clubs came out with.

My two cents...I'm a member of Oakcoins monthly coinclub and it's great! I get Two coins and Pins every month for 18 and change..and they are always throwing in extras! I guess I'm still a newbie in coins and caching only 29 finds since Sept :) but every month I get my coins and it reminds that I need to get caching...I've got coins to place :laughing:

What we did from day 1 of the geocoinclub was to get a group of local cachers together and put in an order for 30 coins for 6 months. This is beneficial for a couple reasons. The first is, the per coin cost is much lower. Second, we meet up monthly over beer and pizza to hand out the coins and do some geocoin trading. I know some areas it might be hard to pull this off, but here in the bay area, I've been able to keep the group purchase thing going. I always look forward to the coin distribution unevents.

--Marky

I was a member of the Geocoin Club for awhile and enjoyed it very much. For me, it turned out to be very, very benficial as I ended up with 4 copies of coins like the benchmark, ROT13, Ammo Can, etc, etc -- all of which traded and/or sold for more than I paid and fed the habit even more!

Now, I tend to only seek coins that have specific designs that appeal to me - with coin subscriptions you get every coin - even if the design doesn't appeal.

My personal thought is:

1) join a coin club to build an "inventory"

2) mint your own personal coin for trading

This will build your collection very, very fast.