GPSMAP 60Cx, 60CSx, 76Cx, 76CSx version 3.20

myotis

Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:

Updated daylight saving time dates.

Add capability for 2 wide data fields on map, compass, and highway pages.

Add capability for 1 wide data field on map page.

Added data card information page.

Add selectable alarms for proximity waypoints and custom POI.

Improve labeling and scanning of custom POI on the map page.

Address issue where custom POI finder would erroneously produce no results.

Add capability to see vertical profile of an autoroute using DEM topo data.

Fixed issue with incorrect dates showing when editing the date field for Sun & Moon page and Hunt & Fish page.

Fix issue where invalid find menu options could show when using the Auto Order feature.

Fix issue with the Swiss grid providing incorrect coordinates.

Fix issue where route names would be converted to upper case during editing.

Update data card driver to support SD version 2 cards.

Corrected problem with NMEA input that could corrupt Waypoint names in WPL sentences.

Looks like they messed up custom POIs even more. Transparent colors still do not work. You have to zoom in to 200 feet to see them. But when you zoom in, the name is labeled.

On the interface page, there is an option for card ino, its nice, but you cannot do anything with it.

Once again a big disappointment.

You have to zoom in to 200 feet to see them. But when you zoom in, the name is labeled.

That's not what I'm seeing. On my 60Cx, on the Map page, under Map Setup-Points, I changed the setting for Map Points to 0.2mi (for example) and I can see all my custom POIs up to this limit. Then went to 0.8mi and can still see them. So they seemed to have fixed this! And, not only is it labeled when hovering over, but I can now click on a custom POI and it takes me to the waypoint page like an ordinary waypoint. Very cool! Thank you Garmin!

Garmin is pleased to announce that new software is available for the GPSMAP 60CSx.

The new software is: GPSMAP 60CSx Ver. 3.20

Garmin recommends that you install this software by using our WebUpdater software. You can learn about WebUpdater on this page:

http://www.garmin.com/products/webupdater/

You can download the new software from our website by clicking the following link:

http://www.garmin.com/support/collection.j...ct=010-00422-00

* Updated daylight saving time dates. * Add capability for 2 wide data fields on map, compass, and highway pages. * Add capability for 1 wide data field on map page. * Added data card information page. * Add selectable alarms for proximity waypoints and custom POI. * Improve labeling and scanning of custom POI on the map page. * Address issue where custom POI finder would erroneously produce no results. * Add capability to see vertical profile of an autoroute using DEM topo data. * Fixed issue with incorrect dates showing when editing the date field for Sun & Moon page and Hunt & Fish page. * Fix issue where invalid find menu options could show when using the Auto Order feature. * Fix issue with the Swiss grid providing incorrect coordinates. * Fix issue where route names would be converted to upper case during editing. * Update data card driver to support SD version 2 cards. * Corrected problem with NMEA input that could corrupt Waypoint names in WPL sentences.

Problems created for me by software 3.2:-

Previously I could view the Custom POI [speed Cameras] at zoom level 800 feet and below, without the Garmin in-built POIs showing! Now my Custom POIs [speed Cameras] are lost within the Garmin POIs.

It would be far better if you could hide Gamin’s in-built POIs and show your waypoints and your Custom POIs or show all!

In Map Setup:-

Points Option-Map Points- you can select zoom levels for Garmin POIs and Custom POIs

Points Option -User Waypoints- you can select zoom levels for your own waypoints.

Text Option-Map Points- you can select text sizes for POI only

Text Option-User Waypoints- you can select text sizes for your own waypoints and the Custom POIs

It seems as if they have mixed up the reference of customer waypoints and custom POIs between the zoom settings and the text settings.

Is there a mistake?

Thanks for posting this. I had received an email from tech support this morning in response to my query as to why my custom POIs weren't listed. Their response was that I should load them to the unit, not the SD card. This update corrects that issue and I was able to send the release notes back to the tech in case it comes up with another user.

You have to zoom in to 200 feet to see them. But when you zoom in, the name is labeled.

That's not what I'm seeing. On my 60Cx, on the Map page, under Map Setup-Points, I changed the setting for Map Points to 0.2mi (for example) and I can see all my custom POIs up to this limit. Then went to 0.8mi and can still see them. So they seemed to have fixed this! And, not only is it labeled when hovering over, but I can now click on a custom POI and it takes me to the waypoint page like an ordinary waypoint. Very cool! Thank you Garmin!

My experience as well. My custom POIs were not listed at all and I could only select them if I had more than one database. They would not appear on the map at all. All is now fixed.

Noticed a new software update today, but no topic about it.

http://www.garmin.com/support/collection.j...ct=010-00422-00

* Updated daylight saving time dates.

* Add capability for 2 wide data fields on map, compass, and highway pages.

* Add capability for 1 wide data field on map page.

* Added data card information page.

* Add selectable alarms for proximity waypoints and custom POI.

* Improve labeling and scanning of custom POI on the map page.

* Address issue where custom POI finder would erroneously produce no results.

* Add capability to see vertical profile of an autoroute using DEM topo data.

* Fixed issue with incorrect dates showing when editing the date field for Sun & Moon page and Hunt & Fish page.

* Fix issue where invalid find menu options could show when using the Auto Order feature.

* Fix issue with the Swiss grid providing incorrect coordinates.

* Fix issue where route names would be converted to upper case during editing.

* Update data card driver to support SD version 2 cards.

* Corrected problem with NMEA input that could corrupt Waypoint names in WPL sentences.

It's nice that they enabled version 2 microSD cards. I think this means we can use 4gb cards.

However, nope, they still have not increased the 2025 map segment count limit. Or at least that is not listed in the change log. Can anybody confirm?

So, for the TOPO users out there (like me), the 2025 map segment count limit still maxxes out at less than 512mb. Any card bigger than that is a waste. Oh, I suppose we could fill a 4gb card with 3.6gb of waypoints and tracks. Hurrah!

Try the 5th thread down 5am this morning!

This information doesn't help anyone find the other thread. It may have been the "5th thread down at 5am this morning", but many threads have been posted since then and the order has changed since then. Perhaps if you could quote the exact subject line of the other thread or even post a link to it, it would help others to find it MUCH more easily!

Something like this:

New software available for GPSMAP 60CSx

Try the 5th thread down 5am this morning!

This information doesn't help anyone find the other thread. It may have been the "5th thread down at 5am this morning", but many threads have been posted since then and the order has changed since then. Perhaps if you could quote the exact subject line of the other thread or even post a link to it, it would help others to find it MUCH more easily!

Something like this:

New software available for GPSMAP 60CSx

As we are posting in:-

Groundspeak Forums > GPS Related Topics > GPS Units and Software

it was the 5th posting down when I wrote it, and it is now the 11th posting down!

As there were 13 replies to the original thread, I was pointing out politely that discussion had already taken place on the topic!!! :(

Edited by strumble
Perhaps if you could quote the exact subject line of the other thread or even post a link to it, it would help others to find it MUCH more easily!

It also a gentle push to move discussion to the existing thread until moderators with magic buttons easily can collapse the thread (using the handy-dandy referenced link) so the discussion can be held in ONE place. :-)

This happens every time we see a firmware or software update in the popular product lines....I think I've reaped four threads on this very update.

I think I found a bug. On the geocaching page, if you push quit, it does not do anything. It used to go to the previous page. The compass page works correctly though. Can someone please verify since I use a custom order in my page selection.

One more thing. Has anyone figured out how to turn the name display off on the custom POIs?

Oddly enough they've added the text display for POI's to the User Waypoints setup...

Works great!

Mapsetup--> Text --> User Waypoints = None

Setting them to "small" looks good for mine but nice to be able to shut them off as well.

I just realized that on the map setup page map points refers to your custom pois.I was trying to set the distance for user points and it wasnt changing.This is a great change now we can use the custom pois for much more useful things and see them at all zoom levels which is the one area they were lacking in.I like the custom pois becuase you can get more data into them.Now maybe they will get the transoparency fixed but for me right now I am very happy and the magenta squares are only a minor annoyance

Yep that works Thanks.

However, I do not like the way it works. Text is set under user waypoints, and display is set under points. That is pretty stupid. Why don't they just have a setting for Custom POIs? And fix the transparency. You would think with all the money they are making, they could afford to make it work right.

I think I found a bug. On the geocaching page, if you push quit, it does not do anything. It used to go to the previous page. The compass page works correctly though. Can someone please verify since I use a custom order in my page selection.

I went geocaching today and noticed the same thing. :)

Here in the UK Speed Cameras are a pain! [11,000 of them]

The database is updated twice a month as Custom POIs using the POI Loader.

However, with this new software 3.20, I cannot seem to find a way to 'hide' the Garmin in-built POIs and only show the Custom POIs.

As you can see it is cluttered with all the Garmin POIs.

Any ideas of how I can 'hide' the Garmin entries and leave the Custom POIs?

Thank you.

31917689pz9.png

P.S. I was able to have those options prior to version 3.20!

Anyone tried uploading DEM topo data? How is this done?

I am also very very interested in this. Directions?

As I understand it, you get it with the topo map installation, but I could be wrong.

AFAIK, DEM data only comes with the 24K National Parks Topo Product. With that you can do vertical route profiles. I don't have it myself, that is just what I have gathered.

Edited by CenTexDodger

I went geocaching today and noticed the same thing. :)

Yup. I'm seeing the same thing.

I think this release got rushed out to accommodate the DST change in the US.

but i can get dem data from USGS for anywhere. I was wondering if that could be used...

Both the US Topo 100K and US Topo 24K maps will show profiles of routes in MapSource (the latest version; don't know how far back this goes). This means there is some sort of elevation data available, but I don't know if it is the same thing that Garmin calls "DEM". I have some of each loaded into my 60CSx, but so far haven't found a way to display a route profile with the new firmware. This question has also come up on one of the Yahoo groups; maybe it's time we asked Garmin :rolleyes:

I just posted a question on this to Garmin; will report on their reply.

Edited by Hertzog

Even though I have signed up for email notifications for my software changes on my GPS units I never hear a peep from Garmin.

Same here. I've never received one email from Garmin announcing updates. Wonder why...

They used to be good at this a couple of years ago, then suddenly stopped; not sure why. After a couple of times I gave up clicking the button to be notified, and just rely on this forum and the Yahoo forums to get my update news; that works very well.

If you want prompt (though somewhat quirky) notices of Garmin updates, throw their RSS feed of such things into your reader/aggregator. Same day notice, though you can watch that they backdate some announcements and sometimes retract them briefly only to have them reappear a day or so later.

I do find it funny that they're "rushing" to roll out the US/DST changes at the last minute. The change was only announced in '05...

Now if only Magellan would come out with a firmware for my Explorist 600 life would be good. Since I have had my garmin I am very impressed with the amount of firmware updates they come out with. I think this is my 2nd or 3rd since I have had the 60CSx. Proves they are working to improve thier products.

If you want prompt (though somewhat quirky) notices of Garmin updates, throw their RSS feed of such things into your reader/aggregator. Same day notice, though you can watch that they backdate some announcements and sometimes retract them briefly only to have them reappear a day or so later.

I do find it funny that they're "rushing" to roll out the US/DST changes at the last minute. The change was only announced in '05...

In the last week I updated my Treo, MS Outlook, and our IT guy did some monkeying with the network.

This seems like a bigger deal than the Y2K Bug :rolleyes: .

Edited by CenTexDodger