pathtags?

archi77

Finally received my order of pathtags and have alot to mail out! I was really impressed with the quality. BTW, probably my favortie trade so far.

blueprint.jpg

Wow, I love your design! I was a combat engineer in a previous life, so the castle icon really grabbed me! Any way you'd trade me one?

I have a few of the MAGC (Military Association of Geocachers) pathtags:

http://track.pathtags.com/publicpathtagprofile.php?id=5281

I want to get my own designed sometime soon. I have a basic design but need to find someone to help me.

Does anyone have a pic of a pathtag beside a quarter? I have a similar tag that is great quality and it is about 1 1/8" wide. (not a pathtag though. I have yet to see one.) Thanks!

Send me you snail mail and I'll send you one of my pathtags to get your collection started:)

I believe I have a plastic sig token of yours that I picked up in Texas while on vacation. Don't you travel back and forth from Alaska to Texas? I was visiting friends and introduced them to geocaching. We also hid a cache together and I see your name on the log:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ecbbc&log=y

The back side of the Pathtag has "trackable at pathtags.com" on it and a number. Every tag design is assigned a unique number. All tags minted with that particular design have the same tracking number. When you get someone's tag, you go to pathtags.com and log it, entering the coords where you picked it up. The owner can look up all of the logged tags and see where their tags have traveled. :o I should have mine soon, and am working on a second design. Fun and affordable swag to leave in caches I have found as my sig item.

So how do you tell the swag from those that are meant to travel? Look them up? Some people in this thread say they use them as swag.

Edited by Luckless

The back side of the Pathtag has "trackable at pathtags.com" on it and a number. Every tag design is assigned a unique number. All tags minted with that particular design have the same tracking number. When you get someone's tag, you go to pathtags.com and log it, entering the coords where you picked it up. The owner can look up all of the logged tags and see where their tags have traveled. :o I should have mine soon, and am working on a second design. Fun and affordable swag to leave in caches I have found as my sig item.

So how do you tell the swag from those that are meant to travel? Look them up? Some people in this thread say they use them as swag.

They aren't trackable at GC.com...so the number on the back means nothing as far as that is concerned...it's just "trackable" on the pathtag website...so basically they are swag...you don't HAVE to track it on pathtags website. "tracking" it just means that you log it into your collection and the owner can see where the tags are located...

The back side of the Pathtag has "trackable at pathtags.com" on it and a number. Every tag design is assigned a unique number. All tags minted with that particular design have the same tracking number. When you get someone's tag, you go to pathtags.com and log it, entering the coords where you picked it up. The owner can look up all of the logged tags and see where their tags have traveled end up. :o I should have mine soon, and am working on a second design. Fun and affordable swag to leave in caches I have found as my sig item.

I should have phrased it differently. I don't think they are meant to be travelers, at least mine aren't. I use them as swag, my personal sig item, and hope folks will want to collect them.

:)

I like your tag TheMystic! I've made 3 tags now (love them!) and I'm trying to decide what to do next. I have a few designs I'm fiddling with:

shaman.jpgdana.jpg

rhps.jpgwingedwolf.jpg

omac.jpgspirit.jpg

LOVE them! I like the Rocky Horror Picture Show one! :o

You know I'm always up for a trade...we have lots of designs! :)

I will Take a Tag anyday. Coins are nice, but I usually move them on as I would wish mine be, not in some binder with Mission not completed. I filally have one coin coming home from a 10,000 mile trip, but I will send it out again. But tags are fun, you can trade, shere designs, people you met, etc. and for the price..great deal.

I have 43 coins out there....that gets spendy..but tags are a great deal and are just as fun.

And yes, they can be sudo tracked at pathtags.com. THEY ARE COMING UP FAST FOLKS....get some today!

RSHETLEY...Memeber IE CACHERS.com

The back side of the Pathtag has "trackable at pathtags.com" on it and a number. Every tag design is assigned a unique number. All tags minted with that particular design have the same tracking number. When you get someone's tag, you go to pathtags.com and log it, entering the coords where you picked it up. The owner can look up all of the logged tags and see where their tags have traveled. :lol: I should have mine soon, and am working on a second design. Fun and affordable swag to leave in caches I have found as my sig item.

They aren't trackable at GC.com...so the number on the back means nothing as far as that is concerned...it's just "trackable" on the pathtag website...so basically they are swag...you don't HAVE to track it on pathtags website. "tracking" it just means that you log it into your collection and the owner can see where the tags are located...

But, you can pass them on to be tracked at Pathtags.com

just depends..on what you wish to do..collect or pass along.

I was just given my first one when I ran into The4Syms

But I do believe that this topic belongs in

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=53

or

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=44

sort of, kind of, don't you think?

Pathtags are not trackable on geocaching.com so therefore per the guidelines of the two forums you listed they are not permitted to be discussed there.