Daylight Savings Time

Blue J Wenatchee

There are updates available for your GPSr for changging the units to switch over for the new DST. Changing the date daylight saving time changes is turning out to be almost like Y2K. The company I work for has had poroblems getting all our Outlook accounts to change properly.

Garmin has a page setup to install the DST update and other updates for the Maps60CSx which is the unit that I use the most.http://www.garmin.com/support/collection.j...ct=010-00422-00

Good luck with updating your GPS and have fun caching with all the extra daylight we will have Sunday.

Blue J Wenatchee

Jon

There are updates available for your GPSr for changging the units to switch over for the new DST. Changing the date daylight saving time changes is turning out to be almost like Y2K. The company I work for has had poroblems getting all our Outlook accounts to change properly.

Garmin has a page setup to install the DST update and other updates for the Maps60CSx which is the unit that I use the most.http://www.garmin.com/support/collection.j...ct=010-00422-00

Good luck with updating your GPS and have fun caching with all the extra daylight we will have Sunday.

Blue J Wenatchee

Jon

That link did not take me to the Garmin website... :(:P:(

Blue J Wenatchee

Jon

That link did not take me to the Garmin website... :):laughing::laughing:

Doesn't work for me either. I suppose the server is being hammered by frantic cachers trying to get this done before the weekend.

Anybody else notice that after the 3.20 update for the GPSmap 60CSx, you can no longer page back past the compass page when navigating to a geocache (geocaching mode on)? This has affected both mine and troublejv's GPSr's. With the original page order settings, if we tried to use the QUIT button to go back from the compass page to the map page, it would not let us. We would have to page forward through all the pages to get to the map. Changing the page sequence to put the compass before the map will allow you to go back and forth between the two, but not backward past the compass. This does not affect other types of waypoints or poi navigation. I have sent this info to Garmin.

Anybody else notice that after the 3.20 update for the GPSmap 60CSx, you can no longer page back past the compass page when navigating to a geocache (geocaching mode on)? This has affected both mine and troublejv's GPSr's. With the original page order settings, if we tried to use the QUIT button to go back from the compass page to the map page, it would not let us. We would have to page forward through all the pages to get to the map. Changing the page sequence to put the compass before the map will allow you to go back and forth between the two, but not backward past the compass. This does not affect other types of waypoints or poi navigation. I have sent this info to Garmin.

Yes it happened to the 5 of us that had compleated the update this weekend but not the 2 that hadn't.

The tide charts in my unit said low tide was at 5:04 but the active tide graph hit the low point at 4:04. I have the lastest update. Someting is not in sync.

It appears that 5:04 was the correct time for the low tide, so it must be the active graph which is off.

The tide charts in my unit said low tide was at 5:04 but the active tide graph hit the low point at 4:04. I have the lastest update. Someting is not in sync.

It appears that 5:04 was the correct time for the low tide, so it must be the active graph which is off.

Once I uploaded a new mapset to my 60cx the graph was in sync with the tide tables.

Hmmm... nobody's mentioned the Maggies... On my Explorist 600, the Clock screen for "Daylight Savings, US" says "Daylight Savings starts on first Sunday of April..." Oops, guess the Maggie folk didn't know what those "rascals" have been up to (or likely I just need to d/l an update...) So it didn't "spring forward" automatically, but it was easy enough to simply punch the hour forward manually.