Geocaching Calendars 2008

http://www.justgiving.com/mandyseymour

This is my idea for next year, I think this will be much easier for myself and all who buy calendars from me.

Let me know what you think please.

Mandy :)

Mandy,

I don't think you can "sell" things using Justgiving because Gift Aid is not allowed if you are getting something for your money. Also they take 5% off the top.

Come on everybody!

If you ordered a calendar

PLEASE PAY MANDY NOW

- or at least let her know why you haven't yet paid.

This is my idea for next year, I think this will be much easier for myself and all who buy calendars from me.

Mandy :D

Mandy,

I don't think you can "sell" things using Justgiving because Gift Aid is not allowed if you are getting something for your money. Also they take 5% off the top.

Come on everybody!

If you ordered a calendar

PLEASE PAY MANDY NOW

- or at least let her know why you haven't yet paid.

Oh i can't do nowt right can I :)

What if we dont claim gift aid :) you can sponsor me to make calendars ;)

I did read the blarb I will go back and reread it.

M B)

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Mandy,

I don't think that Mandy is selling anything through Justgiving, I believe that she is just making a minimum donation of £3 (through Justgiving) a pre-requisite for the purchase of a calendar for £2 from Mandy.

As for the 5% IMHO this is a small amount to pay to ensure the smooth, stress free running of this next year, and my understanding of this fee is that it is not a profit, but is used to cover administration costs. Also it is in addition to the donation so does not affect the amount given to the charity.

Mandy,

I don't think that Mandy is selling anything through Justgiving, I believe that she is just making a minimum donation of £3 (through Justgiving) a pre-requisite for the purchase of a calendar for £2 from Mandy.

As for the 5% IMHO this is a small amount to pay to ensure the smooth, stress free running of this next year, and my understanding of this fee is that it is not a profit, but is used to cover administration costs. Also it is in addition to the donation so does not affect the amount given to the charity.

Yeah thats right in laymans terms you are giving a donation of £3.00 to GNAA and paying me £2.00 personally for the calendar is that not right? :)

Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown here ;)

M :D

Is it too late to buy a Calendar? Sorry if this has been answered but I don't have time to read through all the pages.

If I can still get one, reply here or IM me with the info.

I'll give you a UK address to post it to since I'll be there for a week in Nov.

Thanks.

Yep there are 12 left I think

Please let me know through our profile how you would to pay and I will let you have the details

M :)

Mandy :D

Mandy,

Yeah thats right in laymans terms you are giving a donation of £3.00 to GNAA and paying me £2.00 personally for the calendar is that not right? :wacko:

Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown here :D

M :laughing:

Hi Mandy

Be very careful with the 'GiftAid' aspect. The Taxman has extremely tough and complex rules on this. If you are deemed to be getting anything in return that is tangible, then it generally is not allowed unless it is extremely small and of comparative little value compared to the donation. I would hate you to be caught out by this. HMRC have a very good referral service through their website that will get you a personal reply within days. Just drop them a quick question to ensure you are OK with it.

As an example, I was doing a Balloon Race a few years ago and it was not admissible for Giftaid because anyone who entered was doing so in the expectation that they might win the prize, even thought the entry was £1, the Prize was worth about £20 and the odds were 600 to 1.

Berni

Mandy :wacko:

Mandy,

Yeah thats right in laymans terms you are giving a donation of £3.00 to GNAA and paying me £2.00 personally for the calendar is that not right? :D

Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown here :laughing:

Hi Mandy

Be very careful with the 'GiftAid' aspect. The Taxman has extremely tough and complex rules on this. If you are deemed to be getting anything in return that is tangible, then it generally is not allowed unless it is extremely small and of comparative little value compared to the donation. I would hate you to be caught out by this. HMRC have a very good referral service through their website that will get you a personal reply within days. Just drop them a quick question to ensure you are OK with it.

As an example, I was doing a Balloon Race a few years ago and it was not admissible for Giftaid because anyone who entered was doing so in the expectation that they might win the prize, even thought the entry was £1, the Prize was worth about £20 and the odds were 600 to 1.

Berni

Oh its all very complicated :D

Would it be OK to pay the £3.00 donation to the GNAA if I stressed NOT to use GiftAid, then paying the £2.00 to me for materials and postage.

Would that not be like only paying me £2.00 per calendar and making a £3.00 donation to a charity, and keeping the Taxman at bay?

Im going to contact Chizu and see how he went on with the Spinal Injuries Unit last year

Mandy :wacko:

Mandy,

Yeah thats right in laymans terms you are giving a donation of £3.00 to GNAA and paying me £2.00 personally for the calendar is that not right? :D

Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown here :laughing:

Hi Mandy

Berni

Would it be OK to pay the £3.00 donation to the GNAA if I stressed NOT to use GiftAid, then paying the £2.00 to me for materials and postage.

Would that not be like only paying me £2.00 per calendar and making a £3.00 donation to a charity, and keeping the Taxman at bay?

Im going to contact Chizu and see how he went on with the Spinal Injuries Unit last year

Berni

I'm not disagreeing, but given those rules it is odd that when purchasing a ticket for "A Royal Day Out" at Buckingham Palace, The Royal Mews and The Queens Gallery this summer, they specifically asked me to gift aid my ticket value.

I surely got something in return for my money ... i.e. the Royal Day Out! And very good it was to .... they even had a china bowl of water (with royal crest) laid on for Caesar aka GeoDog! :laughing:

Mandy :laughing:

Mandy,

Yeah thats right in laymans terms you are giving a donation of £3.00 to GNAA and paying me £2.00 personally for the calendar is that not right? :laughing:

Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown here :anitongue:

M :anibad:

Hi Mandy

Berni

M

I think you'll be OK, I'm just saying it's worth checking with them first. A quick email to check won't hurt. What you're doing is asking people to make a donation to charity and then make a separate payment to you for the actual item, so that would appear to be OK. Take a look at this page HMRC Gift Aid which is about the limits of expected benefit from a donation.

Berni

Edited by careygang

I have a good friend who is a cacher who works for the tax office, I am going to explain all to them and see what they say, I am sure if they cant answer my questions they will be able to find out for me.

I have to keep myself right and also all the people who will make donations to the charity and payment to myself, I was trying to make it easier on myself and the folks who buy calendars!!! :anitongue:

I think paying a donation to the charity and making payment for the calendar to me should be OK, but I will have it all checked out.

Thanks for all your help and the info Berni, I do appreciate it.

There are 16 spare calendars left now, if anyone would like one or another please let me know.

The only payment I can take now will be Paypal, thanks to everyone who has helped me out and bought extra :anibad: your all fab :anitongue:

20 calendars went out on Tuesday, but I have had no replies to say any of those have been received :laughing: (I think it must be because of the postal strike) and 20 more will go out this afternoon.

Is the postal strike only in certain areas? I am asking because we have received post today and yesterday :laughing:

The postal workers were on strike exactly the same time last year, I remember then trying to post out the calendars and having to delay them because of a strike, I am sure 180 calendars isn't that bad Mr Postie :anibad::D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Mandy, I htink the strike is affecting different areas in different ways. Here in Dorset we have had post every day, however, some things that are expected haven't arrived yet, they are mostly items that I imagine have to go through sorting in the north and have been caught up along the way.

I even had a package arrive yesterday 11th, posted by the Coins & Pins company in USA on the 7th!! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it at the moment.

No sign of the calendars here yet, but early days. :D

Just got home from a long day of caching to find several brown envelopes lined up on the kitchen table ... wey hey my calendars arrived! :o

Mandy they are great, I almost burnt my supper cos I had to stop and look at it in detail ... brilliant, well done and thank you so much.

thankyou.gif

Also, well done to everyone for submitting such brilliant pictures! I might just be a little biased but Ryme-Intrinsecas Swanage one is my favourite :unsure:

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

You dont need it till next year Mike :D

Unless of course he wants to Book his Holidays for next year?

:D:)B)

Jon

You always get one dont ya :ph34r: and it had to be you Jon :D:surprise:

Have you received your calendars yet? (shhhhhhh dont tell Mike he will get a complex ;))

Got mine (x2) today.

Thanks Mandy :D

Jon

Right thats it I am offically stropping

strop_pakistan.jpg

:)