Geocaching Calendars 2008

Mandy, it sounds like you're making great progress with the calendars ... I hope the payments are coming in thick and fast.

I saw a couple of people who want to get one if there are any over, I too will buy a couple more if there are any left.

Hope everyone has taken the hint to pay up ... what happens if they haven't paid by 29th? Will their calendars be offered to those who missed out?

Keep up the great work! :P

Mandy, it sounds like you're making great progress with the calendars ... I hope the payments are coming in thick and fast.

I spoke to Mandy yesterday and, while she's a nice lady and wouldn't say anything, I'm going to say that the payments aren't actually coming in thick and fast so c'mon poeple and get yer fingers out.

Can someone please let me know which county the following cache is in

GCYW1R

I have looked I just dont know which county it is

Also is GCNB1Q Hampshire or Wiltshire?

Mandy :P

GCNB1Q by about 10 metres or so, having overlaid the co-ords on the OS maps shows that it is in Wiltshire. But only just!!!

GCYW1R - Appears to be in Wokingham which, having checked on the net, is in Berkshire. I'd welcome anyone to double check - especially the Wokingham one.

Can someone please let me know which county the following cache is in

GCYW1R

I have looked I just dont know which county it is

Also is GCNB1Q Hampshire or Wiltshire?

Mandy B)

GCNB1Q by about 10 metres or so, having overlaid the co-ords on the OS maps shows that it is in Wiltshire. But only just!!!

GCYW1R - Appears to be in Wokingham which, having checked on the net, is in Berkshire. I'd welcome anyone to double check - especially the Wokingham one.

I had several cachers on MSN helping me with those 2 caches I actually put Hampshire/Wiltshire on the calendar photo as it was so close :) and I did put Berkshire on the other one.

Now for todays debate B):P

Which county is Bristol in?

Some think Bristol is a county in it's self, some think Glouchestershire, some think Avon.

I could be opening a tin of worms here B)

Mandy B)

Which county is Bristol in?

Some think Bristol is a county in it's self, some think Glouchestershire, some think Avon.

I could be opening a tin of worms here B)

Mandy :P

Ain't the internet a wonderful thing. Bristol is now in its own unitary Authority, so has its own county. Like all the counties in Wales. That's now, but it appears it has always been in its own county because of the historical importance of the city. Linky here.

A list of towns in Somerset is significant in that Bristol is not included.

And it appears that Gloucestershire has been split up into different unitary authorities too. There you go, it is a unitary authority but I've always, for some reason, thought it was in Somerset.

I spoke to Mandy yesterday and, while she's a nice lady and wouldn't say anything, I'm going to say that the payments aren't actually coming in thick and fast so c'mon poeple and get yer fingers out.

Yeh wot he said ^

Mandy has worked so hard on these calendars, she really shouldn't be having to chase people for payment, come on folks! :P

Does anyone have a nice image, or a brightly coloured Merry Christmas? that I can use in the middle of the December page.... :)

December, December, December....yessssssssssssssssssssssss woo hoo almost finished now, just got to cut them, bind them and put them into envelopes next. :)

The calendars seem to have been much harder to do this year, or maybe it was because there were lots more to do, last year was unorganised and seemed easier, :D I seem to have been working on them since March, a yearly job thats takes almost a year to do :P

Please remember the final date for payment is just over one week away.

Mandy :D

I am sorry to keep nagging, but I still have over 40 Geocaching Calendars unpaid for :laughing:

The final date for payment is this Saturday.

If you have ordered a calendar and would still like it please try to get your payment to me as soon as possible, or contact me through our profile to make some kind of arrangement.

If you have ordered a calendar but don't want it any more I would prefer to know also, as I have people waiting for extra ones, and I could maybe sell some at two events I am going to soon.

Mandy :lol:

I am sorry to keep nagging, but I still have over 40 Geocaching Calendars unpaid for :D

<snip>

I think Mandy’s been over-kind and too patient about all this; :lol: it’s not as though she’s running a business doing the calendars and, unlike large corporations, she can’t afford to wait 30, 60 or 90 days for payment. She’s already paid for the materials and is now out of pocket. :D The idea is that it is charitable, but she’s probably been put off by people’s reluctance to pay. :D

Hey, tell you what, Mandy, why not put a reminder list here (BIG RED FONT) so that all these people who said they wanted a calendar and have forgotten that they haven’t paid can have a bit of a nudge? :laughing:

I need to go into business J and have you as a manager, your definitely not a soft touch like me :lol:

But you are right in what you say I have paid for all the materials ect and if these calendars are not paid for I will be out of pocket, which is a bit of a kick in the teeth for me but also a blow for the two charities.

I have been told to put up a reminder list but I don't really want to do that, as I feel that is jut not "nice" (for want of a better word)

I would like to continue doing the calendars as the same people have bought them from me for 2 years running now, and I must say most folks are no problem to get money out of :D but there has got to be some kind of method where I only make what is paid for, I can't make 180 calendars like I have done this year and just hope they will be paid for :laughing:

I would welcome any suggestions :D

Mandy :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Hi Mandy,

New in the area and I know i am late but pop my name at the bottom of the list if people pull out.

Pay pal waiting to go if you get me one.

Well done on all your hard work...

Ljay

Hiya ljay welcome to the madness of Geocaching :laughing:

I am almost sure there will be spare calendars, but I will let you know for certain on Saturday, I have just sent out the final reminders.

J your calendar is here ready to pick up if you want to pop over for a coffee (it was a pink one right :lol: ) and then you can teach me how to be tough :D

M :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

J your calendar is here ready to pick up if you want to pop over for a coffee (it was a pink one right :D ) and then you can teach me how to be tough :D

I refuse to drink any more of your pink coffee; look what it's done to me already. :D

Your pink calendar you daft sod :laughing::lol:

Mandy, I am going to the Lancs event so would be happy for you to bring mine along to that. Looking forward to seeing you by the way - its been over a year!!! :D

J your calendar is here ready to pick up if you want to pop over for a coffee (it was a pink one right :D ) and then you can teach me how to be tough :D

I refuse to drink any more of your pink coffee; look what it's done to me already. :laughing:

Your pink calendar you daft sod :D:D

Mandy, I am going to the Lancs event so would be happy for you to bring mine along to that. Looking forward to seeing you by the way - its been over a year!!! :lol:

And ours too please :D

See you soon

Thanks for letting me know you have received your calendars, I can cross you off my list as job complete once each person has theirs.

I still have several non payments J :o I will be taking the ones for the locals to tomorrows monthly get together and a few extas to see if I can sell them, also I will be taking the ones that are ordered and paid for and a few extra to the Lancs meet next week.

The calendars are being posted out in the oreder they were paid for Lotho, so you are at the end of the queue :o not because you were late paying but because you were late to order B)

you should have it by the end of October I would think, but you dont need it until January 1st anyway :P

M B)

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

The postman has just brought my calendar - its great! Thanks. :)

Well done Mandy, you've put in an amazing amount of work, and it shows, its FAB.

Let me know if you want some help with the 2009 calendar, as I expect demand for them will be even greater next year. (Seriously, I'm volunteering)

Thanks again

JackieC

:) Very pleased with the calendars ordered 3 and got 3 in different colours, well done Mandy for organising this and I'm sure that the 2 doggie charities will benefit from your efforts TFTC Thanks For The Calendars Westie Walker :D

I got mine last night, as you know, Mandy, 'cos you gave it to me. They're great and really professionally produced. Well done, you.

I'm quoting Westie Walker because he says, "I'm sure that the 2 doggie charities will benefit from your efforts". Unfortunately, because there are a (fair) number of people who STILL HAVEN'T PAID, the charities are going to suffer. I still think you should put a reminder list up, Mandy. People can't do that to you, or the charities.

Let me know if you want some help with the 2009 calendar, as I expect demand for them will be even greater next year. (Seriously, I'm volunteering)

From what Mandy was saying last night, I'd be surprised if she did another calendar next year; she certainly wouldn't rely on trust as much as she has this time. There's obviously a difference between people being keen on them, and actually parting with their cash after they suddenly discover they have short arms and deep pockets.

One thought I had was that some people were waiting until Mandy “gave up money chasing” and just sent them out anyway near the new year without actually receiving payment in the hope that the recipients would put some cash in a charity box. She’s not doing that this year, I’m pleased to say.

Edited by jerryo

As you may be aware the Communication Workers union have announced that there will be further strike action in response to the Royal Mail`s proposals on pay and changes to the business.

The CWU`s Postal Executive have agreed the following strike dates:

A 48 hour strike on Friday 5th & Saturday 6th October

A 48 hour strike on Monday 8th & Tuesday 9th October.

I have just had the above information emailed to be about the postla strikes, as it seems a bit pointless to put calendars into the postal system to be caught up in a strike I will not be posting any more calendars until Monday 16th October, sorry for any inconvenience.

Mandy

Sorry 16th Otober not November :)

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

19 teams have not paid for 28 calendars, this is upsetting to me that they were ordered but not paid for, these do not include the teams I have spoken to in the last week or so who have made other arrangements with me.

If the 28 calendars are not paid for that would mean I am down £56.00 and the charities will be down £112.00, which is a bit of a blow.

I will do the calendars next year but they will be done very differently from this year, I cannot print 180 calendars and just hope they get paid for.

I must stress that the amount not paid for is greatly in the minority and most folks paid up as soon as I asked for payment, and have been great with me, and to these people I would like to say a huge thankyou for your support.

Mandy :)

19 teams have not paid for 28 calendars, this is upsetting to me that they were ordered but not paid for, these do not include the teams I have spoken to in the last week or so who have made other arrangements with me.

If the 28 calendars are not paid for that would mean I am down £56.00 and the charities will be down £112.00, which is a bit of a blow.

I will do the calendars next year but they will be done very differently from this year, I cannot print 180 calendars and just hope they get paid for.

I must stress that the amount not paid for is greatly in the minority and most folks paid up as soon as I asked for payment, and have been great with me, and to these people I would like to say a huge thankyou for your support.

Mandy :ph34r:

Why not ask for payment in advance next year? You've done this for a couple of years so people know you won't swizz them. That way too you won't have to shell out in advance for materials either...

Di

I have had at least 15 emails today from people say how shocked they are by this, several people have offered to take another calendar or two to help me out, which I am very grateful for. :D

I am in the process of emailing all the folks who have bought a calendar and explaining what I am going to do next year and so far no one has complained, if you bought a calendar from me this year you will get an email from me soon.

Last year I posted them out before they were paid for thinking I would have no problems for a charity item, and had non payers this year I have not posted them out until they were paid for and had non payers, I can't win :o

Next year I wont even print them until they are paid for :( (I have had several people offer to pay for them now for next year :ph34r: )

I could hardly get away with ripping anyone off I have been doing this for 2 years now and the same people came back for a second year, and almost every cacher in the country knows my name and address :(

It's a case of once bitten twice shy now, you live and learn.

I have had loads of support and kind words, (you know who you are :D )

I think there will be plenty spares Ian but I will let you know for sure once I have done a definite count up.

Everyone got a final reminder on Thursday J, I am not going to send any more I refuse to beg for money :D

I have done a definite count up

180 ordered

156 paid for

24 unpaid for

dakar x 2

studley x 2

Wendy x 2

Ollies x 1

ljay x 1

Making still 16 left over but its getting better :ph34r:

M :(

I hate the thought of someone who has gone out of there way to support and actively encourage a very worthy cause and so I have a cunning plan.

I'll hapilly buy all of the extra ones off you and sell them on my site at cost so that you get the funds quickly and less stress LOL. That way you aren't out of pocket and just as importantly - the charity gets a nice donation. Let me know if you would be happy doing this. Please tell me to wind my neck in if I am being out of order here.

Ian

Edited by studlyone
I have done a definite count up

180 ordered

156 paid for

24 unpaid for

dakar x 2

studley x 2

Wendy x 2

Ollies x 1

ljay x 1

Making still 16 left over but its getting better :ph34r:

M :(

I hate the thought of someone who has gone out of there way to support and actively encourage a very worthy cause and so I have a cunning plan.

I'll hapilly buy all of the extra ones off you and sell them on my site at cost so that you get the funds quickly and less stress LOL. That way you aren't out of pocket and just as importantly - the charity gets a nice donation. Let me know if you would be happy doing this. Please tell me to wind my neck in if I am being out of order here.

Ian

That is a hugely generous offer Ian, what is your website? (i've just realised) do you think you would be able to sell them OK, I was told to try fleabay and sell to the Americans.

I think it would be asking too much for you to take 16 calendars, and I still have people asking me for an extra one or two, I will sell as many as I can until the end of this month and any remaining I will sell to you if the offer still stands.

Thanks again that's a huge relief to me

M :o

My better half runs ukgeocachers.co.uk

I don't think it would be a problem shifting the calendars for you (as its a worthy cause) so feel free to give us a shout come the end of the month.

Bear us in mind if you need any help with the next one as well. We try to help out with geocaching events and other types of sponsorship and love supporting a good cause.

Ian