Geocaching Calendars 2008

I've had a word with Mandy... and hopefully over the weekend I'll put up a webpage so that you can place orders online. I'll post a link just as soon as its up and working.

Steve

Birdman, is the website up and running yet please? If so, where can I find it? :D

There isn't a website to add your name to Wendy :P I contacted Birdman in the chatroom and via email and he did say he would try to have it ready the following day, but I think he must have forgotten about it. :huh:

I then contacted another cacher I knew was a bit clever with computers and asked if they could make a page for me, but they were too busy to be able to help at the moment.

I then contacted a third cacher and asked if the webpage was difficult to do and they said it wasn't hard but it wasn't easy :D as the page has to refresh and remember all details.

Anway as most of you will know I am a complete compter numpty and can't do something as clever as making a webpage.. sorry ;)

But if you or anyone you know could help me out I would be grateful, I just want a page with Geocaching Calendars 2008 at the top and a list of numbers 1-150 down the side, where the cachers can add their names, just so I can get a rough idea of how many calendars I might be able to sell. :P

Until then I will have to stick with my paper and pencil :lol:

Mandy :)

Mandy....

Did I tell you I'll have one - and you can use any of my pics - I'm sure lots of pics will be added over the summer!!

Yes you did thanks Hazel :huh:

I told you last year I had seen a photo od yours I would have liked to have used, :D;) but I didn't want to upset you if you didn't want me to use it :D and missed getting your permission :P but it could be there this year :lol:

Mandy :P

I've had a word with Mandy... and hopefully over the weekend I'll put up a webpage so that you can place orders online. I'll post a link just as soon as its up and working.

Steve

Birdman, is the website up and running yet please? If so, where can I find it? <_<

There isn't a website to add your name to Wendy <_< I contacted Birdman in the chatroom and via email and he did say he would try to have it ready the following day, but I think he must have forgotten about it. :P

I then contacted another cacher I knew was a bit clever with computers and asked if they could make a page for me, but they were too busy to be able to help at the moment.

I then contacted a third cacher and asked if the webpage was difficult to do and they said it wasn't hard but it wasn't easy :rolleyes: as the page has to refresh and remember all details.

Anway as most of you will know I am a complete compter numpty and can't do something as clever as making a webpage.. sorry :P

But if you or anyone you know could help me out I would be grateful, I just want a page with Geocaching Calendars 2008 at the top and a list of numbers 1-150 down the side, where the cachers can add their names, just so I can get a rough idea of how many calendars I might be able to sell. :)

Until then I will have to stick with my paper and pencil :rolleyes:

Mandy :D

Give me a couple of days and I am sure I can have a page sorted for you.

Can you put something on to a word document that looks similar to what you want to achieve and I will have a go!

You can now pre order HERE

Please re order on this site even if you have registered your interest on the forum.

WOW that's great Daryl :cry::cry::cry:

Thanks very much :cry::cry::cry:

Mandy :cry:

and I realised at stupid o'clock this morning :D while I was messing about that the 2 logos if you click them link to the 2 charities websites, so the cachers can see what the proceeds from the calendar will go towards which is excellent :cry:

M :cry:

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

50 preordered on the website www.random-sheep.com/Geocalendar in the last 20 hours!

Only 100 left!!

It won't be 24 hours untill 11.30pm tonight, I am watching too :D:P:D they are flying out :o

I have emailed everyone who bought a calendar last year so hopefully they will get their names added to the web page quickly :D

I must stress that 150 is the MAXIMUM amount of calendars that I will make once the list hits 150 names that will be it no more names will be taken :(

The calendars will be £6.00 each and from this £4.00 will go to charity (£2.00 each to the 2 charities from every calendar sold) :D:D:D

Which means if all 150 calendars sell we will be donating £300.00 to each charity, which would be absolutely FANTASTIC!! ;):D:o

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

I have asked Daryl if he can bypass the email address and add a few names of cachers I know will want a calendar, these are folks who have already asked for one or had one last year and have asked again and have not added their names yet. :D

This is simply so they don't miss out on getting a calendar, and shout at me. :D I can think of 2 North East cachers who are a bit busy at the moment and won't have time for the forums but I know they will definitely want calendars, so I am just trying to help :D

Remember these are only pre-orders for now and nothing definite, so please check to see if I have had your name added, and don't shout at me for being brazen, :D be nice to me it's my birthday :DB) really it is I'm 21 today :anitongue::anibad::D really I am :D

Mandy B)

Can't see any mention of this anywhere, what format are these calendars? Desk? Wall? What binding? What stock? What printing method?

Hi Ian

The same as last year a very basic calendar A4 size with the date part on the bottom half and 2 or 3 photographs on the top part. :anibad:

I designed the pages in word and printed from there, last year I did one page at a time and printed them and then deleted them, I learnt my lesson from that one though as I had to make the whole lot again for a re-run they will definitely be saved page by page on my memory stick this year!! LOL :D

They are what I would call a wall calendar they have a comb binder (I think that's the right description) in the top and I have added a keyring loop to the centre of mine and hung it on a hook so mines a wall calendar, they would not stand up on your computer desk.

The paper I used last year was a coloured 100g paper for the front with Geocaching Calendar 2007 on the front and who the profits from the calendar were going to at the bottom, the 6 double sided papges for the months pages were a white 120g paper and the back cover was a 120g silk board (shiny similar to photo paper) :anitongue:

If you need any more info please let me know :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Hey Mandy

Well done for putting your time into this :D I've ordered one anyway, but just out of interest how much writing space to you allow roughly? It's not me that has the busy social life btw............................it's the kids! :anitongue:

The boxes for each date are not very big, but big enough to write notes in I think. :anibad: One thing I did mention earlier is that I plan to make the calendar area bigger in height and width this year, so the boxes will be bigger and have more space to write in, and to have 2-3 smaller photos at the top. :D

There are 47 calendars left :D:D

I am still waiting for replies from 27 cachers who bought calendars last year :anibad:

And I have quite a few of the local North East cachers to email after tea :D

I will only be making 150 calendars once the list is full that will be it. :D

Daryl has asked me to take a back up list of 10 extra names for anyone who changes their minds and do not want a calendar when I email them in September. :D

The names in the numbers 151 - 160 will be the back up list, but these 10 names will not be guaranteed a calendar, they will only be offered one if others drop out. :anitongue:

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

I have had some really good and I mean really good photographs emailed to me :P

I know I said the last date for photos would be Friday the 31st August but I also said first come first served :P I reckon I will have at least 12-15 now that I will definitely use on the calendar, and I will need about 30-35 so you still have plenty of time to take/send photos to me.

I would like photos from any cachers that have a dog in their team, as both both the charities are dog related.

BTW there are 34 calendars left :D

Mandy :P