Geocaching Calendars 2008

I know this is way too early, but I just wanted to put some feelers out and try to get a bit of feedback :huh:

I have already spoken to two geocaching teams who are involved with two very worthy charities who I would like to help through sales of a geocaching calendar later on this year, they are:

Dorsetgal and Geodog.......The Assistance Dogs Charity

Berkshire SAR..................The Berkshire Search and Rescue (dogs)

(these are not the official names but you will know what I am on about) :D

Anyway to cut a long story short to be able to make our effort worth while I would be hoping to make (at least) £150.00 for each charity, which would mean I would have to print and sell at least 120 calendars. (Which is no problem to actually produce)

Would you like another calendar this year? :D

Would you pay £6.00 for one if I took £2.00 for producing them and posting them out and gave £4.00 from each calendar to the charities? :huh:

Do you think we could sell that many? (I sold 84 last year) or do you think we are aiming too high?

I don't want to make the calendars then have to throw them away.

Would it be a good idea to pre-book the calendars? :D

I was thinking about contacting Jeremy to see if we could use the geocaching logo or signal the frog ect, but I am not sure I hold high hopes for using those where raising money for charity is concerned.

I would be wanting to make a start on the calendars at the beginning of September after the kids have gone back to school after the 6 weeks holiday, as I want them complete and posted out before the beginning of December, as this year was a bit of a rush.

I know there are lots of questions but please help me out if you can I would appreciate it :D

Mandy :D

Thats a brilliant idea Mandy

I think giving people plenty of notice will help sell more as well. The last one was done with only a few days for people to sign up for them, so you should be able to sell lots more!

Pre-booking is also a good idea, put us down for one too.

Now we all need to go out and take caching pics worthy of your calendar! :huh:

Is there any chance you two Scottish ladies could post the OP onto the 2 Scottish forums for me again please :D

I can't remember the names again :huh: or send me a link for the two

Ta muchly

One scottish forum is at: http://geox.easyphpbb.com/index.php

I would definitely get one again - any chance of making them nice and glossy this year with higher resolution pictures?

They would be the same as this years, on 120g paper as glossy paper would knock the prices up to high for the amount I would need, I will print the photographs on as high a quality as I can, but again it is all cost, I was just trying to make a decent calendar for geocachers and to help out a couple of charities.

I will need good quality photographs as light in colour as possible, not too much black in them.

Mandy :huh:

Is there any chance you two Scottish ladies could post the OP onto the 2 Scottish forums for me again please :D

I can't remember the names again :huh: or send me a link for the two

Ta muchly

Oooooo like being called a lady!!! :huh:

Please feel free to browse my gallery and pinch any - er may take you some time!! :D

I use this year's calendar a lot, so great idea to have another, and thanks in advance for doing another one. Like the paper you used, can write on it easily, think glossy paper would prevent that?

Ok Scottish Geofrees forum is http://xsorbit27.com/users5/geofrees/index.php

Scottish/Irish GeoX forum is http://geox.easyphpbb.com/index.php

Hi All

Thanks for all your replies.. :P

I was a bit worried that some people might not be happy about 2 dog charity but that seems to be OK with everyone. :P

I am still a bit worried about whether or not I will be able to sell 120 of the calendars to hit £150.00 for each charity. :(

Nobody has mentioned price at all ... do you think £6.00 would be too much for the calendars or not? if I could sell 120 calendars then that would still be £5.00 for them with £3.00 from each calendar going to the charities. :(

Birdman-of-liskatraz has very kindly offered to make a website :P where you can all add your names, some kind of list from 1 - 120 then I can see how many have pre-ordered calendars and see if we can hit our target, this will not be a definite order list but it will give me some ideas of how many calendars will be needed. I will still contact everyone in September to see if you still want a calendar.

One thing I will say is that I will never have time to go through all of your profiles looking for photographs, but if you have a really good photograph that you are proud of that you have taken whilst out caching please let me know, and let me know the cache it was near to also, I would especially like flowers, animals and scenic view, and nice castles ect, and as I said earlier as light as possible. :P

Mandy ;)

HI,

Would you like another calendar this year? You bet, two this year

Would you pay £6.00 for one if I took £2.00 for producing them and posting them out and gave £4.00 from each calendar to the charities? Yes again

Do you think we could sell that many? (I sold 84 last year) or do you think we are aiming too high?

I don't want to make the calendars then have to throw them away. If you sold that many last year i'm sure you would sell more this year

Would it be a good idea to pre-book the calendars? Yes again

Hi Mandy!

I was very pleased with this year's calendar and would love one for 2008. Helps me keep track of events :laughing:

I am sure you would be able to sell many more this year, as I know some folks missed out on the last one as you put it all together so quickly.

I am happy for you to use any of my photos; in fact, there is a lovely (remains of) castle 200 yards from my house, where I also have a cache. I can send you links for any not in my profile.

This is a great idea and I'm sure you will get all the orders you need.

:)

RK

Are there any plans for a Geobabes alternative calendar like the WI did a while back ?

:rolleyes:

Er, what about a GeoHunks calendar? ;)

Just another lunchbox?

We have been caching for over 2 years now and we have been to many camping events/meets ect and we have met 100's of cachers but no hunks :D dont get me wrong there are loads of nice blokie cachers but I've yet to meet a hunk :D

Gonna shurrup now before I lose my calendar sales :D:(

But hey PP we are trying to get up to Scotland for the Bank Holiday Event in August, and stay up there for a week, maybe all the male hunks are Scottish...........so maybe, just maybe next year :(;)

Is it too late to book a couple of calenders.

Thanks

Rob

No problem at all Rob :rolleyes: these are just pre-orders I won't start printing the calendars until September, I am just trying to see if it would be possible for me to sell 120 calendars, you will receive an email from me to make sure you still want one before I start printing.

Mandy ;)

I think I have between 40-50 calendars pre-ordered now between the forums and email I have received :sad:

Hopefully once Birdman puts up the web page you will all add your names to that then I will have more idea of how many are are ordered.

Thanks to all that have ordered and re-ordered the calendars, your all fab!! :) thanks for your support and thanks for helping out 2 good charities :sad:

Mandy :sad:

One for us also pleeeeease.

Thinking about it Junior might like one too, so I had better make that two.

Debs

( 100th post :D, sorry beat ya to it Paul :D )

I was looking at your profile the other day, I think it was something to do with my Birthday Bug TB, and I clicked on your avatar to blow it up it size to try and work out what it was :laughing: .....

That thing is bliddy scary when you see it big :ph34r::ph34r: What is it?? :D

Anyway last year I did a Merry Christmas on the December and I tried to put on the avatars of every one who had bought a calendar on that page too, please tell me you have a nice Christmas avatar I will be terrified printing 120 of that thing!! ;):D

I have just choosen the !st definite photograph for the calendar :D

I was thinking of making the calendar area a bit larger and putting maybe 3 smaller photos on each page this year.. does this sound OK :ph34r:

I have 2 files of photos waiting to be looked at which I can't open at the moment, well I could but they would take ages to download :ph34r: (I am on dial up at the moment as I blew up my hard drive :D which has now been repaired :D but that blew up my modem :D and I am waiting for AO Hell to send my new one)

So I have one definite photo and 2 files waiting to be looked at, I will need 33 photos (the December page will be avatars again) ;)

First come first served ... please email us through our profile with any really good photos, as I said earlier I will never have time to go through all your profiles. :laughing:

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

I have just choosen the !st definite photograph for the calendar :angry:

I was thinking of making the calendar area a bit larger and putting maybe 3 smaller photos on each page this year.. does this sound OK :D

Mandy :angry:

Sure you will have some great and funny photos to go through when your modem is fixed.

Good idea putting 3 pics on each page, like to see plenty of pictures.

I'm sure people won't mind if they get missed out, there are some excellent photographers out there, just glad to help a great idea.

Good luck sorting through them.

S.

I was looking at your profile the other day, I think it was something to do with my Birthday Bug TB, and I clicked on your avatar to blow it up it size to try and work out what it was :P .....

That thing is bliddy scary when you see it big :lol::lol: What is it?? :rolleyes:

Mandy

It’s our cute and cuddly cat. :lol:

Ahhhhhh, it’s not his fault his a bit odd looking he was born near Hinkley Point. :rolleyes:

Mind you if you think he's scary you should meet our teenagers. :huh:

Debs

Hiya Mandy...

I use mine to keep track of events (summer is looking pretty fully booked for weeks on end!!) and so I'd love another please.

Also feel free to use any pics you want of mine... they're probably all of me fallen over in mud, but hey - use whatever you want!

If I (ever) find any I think should be used, I'll drop you a line!