Keeping Count of Finds

koilady63

Hi!

Is there an official or approved way to keeping count of how many finds of official geocaches one finds? DEN held the CUE Geocache 2007 and one woman there told of her brother who has over 30,000 finds and even won the Jeep! Ok, so I only have 3 but I'm hooked. After a little more practice I'll be leading my first graders on hunts with 1/1 ratings. No more couch potato kids! :P

Edited by koilady63
Hi!

Is there an official or approved way to keeping count of how many finds of official geocaches one finds? DEN held the CUE Geocache 2007 and one woman there told of her brother who has over 30,000 finds and even won the Jeep! Ok, so I only have 3 but I'm hooked. After a little more practice I'll be leading my first graders on hunts with 1/1 ratings. No more couch potato kids! :P

Other then logging my finds onlne I also buy the log books from the geostore. I take them with me and write my logs in them. They are actually for placing in caches, but are great for keeping your personal experience in!

I also have a personal Travel Bug that helps me out as well.

Edited by wandat24

I have a bookmark list which I add a bookmark to each cache I find.

I amend the cache name to "123 - THE CACHE NAME - date of find". where 123 is my number of the find.

I also copy my log to the notes section of the bookmark.

This gives me a list of the caches in the order that I found them.

It will take me a while to fill up my quota of bookmark lists so this works for me.

I also keep a GSAK list of all my finds.

Hi!

Is there an official or approved way to keeping count of how many finds of official geocaches one finds? DEN held the CUE Geocache 2007 and one woman there told of her brother who has over 30,000 finds and even won the Jeep! Ok, so I only have 3 but I'm hooked. After a little more practice I'll be leading my first graders on hunts with 1/1 ratings. No more couch potato kids! :huh:

It might have been 3000 finds, not 30,000. TeamAlamo. who is #1 in the world, has about 20,300 finds as of today.