UK-Wide Multi-cache

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the silence on this one.

Having just read that Little Quest is up and running i'm feeling more than a little guilty that its older brother still isn't :D So sorry for that! ;)

Back in October I emailed the mothership :blink: with full details on the project. I'd spoken to Jeremy at the London event about it and everything seemed positive. However the reply had concerns about the website side of it.

I replied to all their points and am still awaiting a 2nd reply. I'll let everyone know what is happening with this when I hear more.

In the meantime, I have to ask the question again, do people still want this to happen, in its current form, and should there be any changes?

Chris.

In the meantime, I have to ask the question again, do people still want this to happen, in its current form, and should there be any changes?

Chris.

Hi,

Two thoughts:

I wonder if part of the question is how many people would realistically expect to complete the thing. Last time I looked at the list, inc, all the islands, it seemed a mammoth task which I doubted I'd ever get around to, due to time and cost. This was also partly due to looking at the Little Quest and thinking that it looked like something I might eventually do. One trip south could bag several counties. Half a dozen trips to the corners and you'd be nearly there. I think the LQ is quite a good experiment for how many people are up for this sort of challenge.

I appreciate other people are more 'mad' than me :blink: and might be keen to travel around everywhere to do a Big Quest, but it might be worth getting an idea of how many - ie. is it worth the effort?

Second thought is to use the existing LQ for the England part of the BQ. Then do the other national quests. Each could then be done separately and combine into a final cache, perhaps on the I of Man - sort of in the middle and 'independent'! Then local cachers could at least aim to complete their country and maybe a neighbouring one perhaps. The few real keen types could also do the whole thing.

So get some numbers to go in the LQ Final Micro and that's England's bit done!

If there are plenty of folk who think it's worthwhile, then I'm still keen, either by simply using the LQ, plus other countries, or by setting a new batch of England ones as well as the rest.

Overall it's still a neat idea.

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the silence on this one.

Having just read that Little Quest is up and running i'm feeling more than a little guilty that its older brother still isn't :D So sorry for that! ;)

Back in October I emailed the mothership :blink: with full details on the project. I'd spoken to Jeremy at the London event about it and everything seemed positive. However the reply had concerns about the website side of it.

I replied to all their points and am still awaiting a 2nd reply. I'll let everyone know what is happening with this when I hear more.

Chris.

I am

If there are regional stages too it would still be a good challenge, even if people don't complete the whole series