UK-Wide Multi-cache

I was looking at pre '96 or something.

This seems current, but I can't see 30 caches for Scotland being feasible!

If there are enough caches out there then folks will visit. There must be enough potential caches in the Northern & Western Isles they just need a few more caches to encourage then to get out there. Anyway for my pennies worth here is my prefered Scottish counties list:

1. Aberdeenshire
  2. Angus (Forfarshire until 1928)
  3. Argyll
  4. Ayrshire
  5. Banffshire
  6. Berwickshire
  7. Buteshire (County of)
  8. Caithness
  9. Clackmannanshire
  10. Dumfriesshire
  11. Dunbartonshire
  12. East Lothian (Haddingtonshire until 1921)
  13. Fife
  14. Inverness-shire
  15. Kincardineshire
  16. Kinross-shire
  17. Kirkcudbrightshire
  18. Lanarkshire
  19. Midlothian (County of Edinburgh until 1921)
  20. Morayshire
  21. Nairnshire
  22. Orkney
  23. Peeblesshire
  24. Perthshire
  25. Ross and Cromarty
  26. Roxburghshire
  27. Renfrewshire
  28. Stirlingshire
  29. Selkirkshire
  30. Sutherland
  31. West Lothian (Linlithgowshire until 1921)
  32. Wigtownshire
  33. Zetland

I'll volunteer a Buteshire cache, but am not so keen on a North Ayrshire cache and any suggestion for a Cunningham District cache will get a short gutteral answer! :anitongue:

As far as Rutsons lovely list looks, East Sussex is not yet taken so I'll do that if that OK? :anitongue:

Sorry, it's taken, Rutson's list no longer applies, it is now here. There is also a map from a little earlier in this thread (page 9, coloured red)

Rutson: Could we change it to a link to the correct list to stop confusion from now on?

Edited by Edgemaster

Sorry for just jumping straight in with no introduction or anything, and apologies for dragging the thread back to logos, but I've done one too, in case anyone wants it.

bigquestlogokp2.gif

The pink flower at the top is the Guernsey Lily, for Guernsey, and the Manx cat at the bottom is for the Isle of Man. I have no idea about Jersey or the Scilly Isles. I assume Shetlands and Orkneys and whathaveyou all have the thistle?

I've left it free of wording because I wasn't sure whether to put the wording around the circle, or simply have a block of text on the right.

*goes back into hidy-hole*

Sorry for just jumping straight in with no introduction or anything, and apologies for dragging the thread back to logos, but I've done one too, in case anyone wants it.

bigquestlogokp2.gif

The pink flower at the top is the Guernsey Lily, for Guernsey, and the Manx cat at the bottom is for the Isle of Man. I have no idea about Jersey or the Scilly Isles. I assume Shetlands and Orkneys and whathaveyou all have the thistle?

I've left it free of wording because I wasn't sure whether to put the wording around the circle, or simply have a block of text on the right.

If there's going to be a new War of the Roses, lets keep the bloodshed to a civilised level please :laughing::huh:

bigquestlogokp2.gif

That's pretty much how I pictured it!!! without the cat and the lily of course :huh: I am crap at graphics so thanks for that. :laughing:

bigquestlogokp2.gif

If there's going to be a new War of the Roses, lets keep the bloodshed to a civilised level please :huh::laughing:

Prefer Crypticsouls effort with the flags

logoalt.jpg

Edited by Twm-y-tonnau

cryptic.jpg

Since it is the inclusion of the NI flag that seemed to cause the main issues with the original version of this how about including it as a 5th flag around the outside of the G symbol as in the version above. Although this steps away from the N,S,E,W idea I think 5 flags could be accommodated on this logo and remain well balanced.

Just a quick note... to let you all know that just because the forum has gone a little quiet recently, this is still in progress. i'm working on the site and hope to have a working example for your (positive B) ) critique in a week or so.

B) Also, there are still a number of people who said they could place a cache who have yet to enter their email address on the form. Please visit THIS PAGE to add your email address so we can contact you when we start to get ready to place the caches. Thank you! B)

Just a quick note... to let you all know that just because the forum has gone a little quiet recently, this is still in progress. i'm working on the site and hope to have a working example for your (positive B) ) critique in a week or so.

B)Sorry that I haven't contributed much lately. I have been extremely tied up with prior commitments, but I have been giving it a good dose of thinking. More very soon. B)

Love the logo ideas .......how's about putting Blue magicians ideas for the flowers one in the middle of the flags ones?

and using Alice bands "design" for the flags too? (may end up too busy) but hey worth a go?

sorry can't do the graphics manipulation? so can some one help me please?

:D Sorry for the quite period. Both myself and OldGimmer are/have been away for a while. I'm back today and just getting my head around a few things. The website is starting to come together and I will be spending a bit of time this week working on it.

I know there are still things to be worked on regarding the Groundspeak permissions and overall rules/guidelines.

Be sure that we are working on this and will have further updates as soon as we can.

In the mean time, there are still a number of people who said they could place a cache who have yet to enter their email address on the form. Please visit THIS PAGE to add your email address so we can contact you when we start to get ready to place the caches. Thank you! :D

Does anyone fancy having these commisioned as swag or swaps for the Big one? Using our counties!!

https://chqualitycoins.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

ps updated my e-mail on web link a few weeks ago but it's not linked to GC.com nor can I see my e-mail addeee have you got it

Best wishes

Manda

ps we still want to place a cache

Duhhh just seen the drop down list and I'm not on it ! So prob means my e-mails updated! :D

Edited by minxyy

Does anyone fancy having these commisioned as swag or swaps for the Big one? Using our counties!!

https://chqualitycoins.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

ps updated my e-mail on web link a few weeks ago but it's not linked to GC.com nor can I see my e-mail addeee have you got it

Best wishes

Manda

ps we still want to place a cache

Duhhh just seen the drop down list and I'm not on it ! So prob means my e-mails updated! :(

I just double-checked the database and we do indeed have your email address. Thanks for checking.

We'll not display email addresses anywhere for your privacy. People (except us ) will have to contact you through GC.com if they wish to.

(I also added the profile link for you :) )

Edited by Bambography

You are probably getting bored of me asking, however I need to keep asking this.

A reminder to all those people who have said they will place a cache as part of BIG Quest... we still need many email addresses. If you have not already done so, Please, please do one of the following:

a) visit http://www.bambography.co.uk/bigquest/form.php to update your email address. Use the form at the top-right (the little one) to add your address. If your name is on the list we need your address.

:mad: PM me using the link under my name over <-- there with the address you wish me to add to the database.

Thanks.

PS. This is still in work with various parts of the project taking time to organise. More news asap.

PPS This isn't a bump! ( :D really!!)

You are probably getting bored of me asking, however I need to keep asking this.

A reminder to all those people who have said they will place a cache as part of BIG Quest... we still need many email addresses. If you have not already done so, Please, please do one of the following:

a) visit http://www.bambography.co.uk/bigquest/form.php to update your email address. Use the form at the top-right (the little one) to add your address. If your name is on the list we need your address.

;) PM me using the link under my name over <-- there with the address you wish me to add to the database.

Thanks.

PS. This is still in work with various parts of the project taking time to organise. More news asap.

PPS This isn't a bump! ( :D really!!)

I've given a couple of teams I know a nudge, so there now sorted!

That may well be a better way of doing it, but how do we divide the UK up like the French have done?

Well...

You could spend a lot of time playing around with maps on the pc

or you could try my low-tech approach:

Get an old road atlas and a pencil... "et voilà!" 10 Regions.

map.JPG

BTW, this posting comes from MrsB, incase you hadn't guessed that :unsure:

Edited by The Blorenges

id like to be involved some how but all local counties are taken

infact all inengland are lol

i thought for the final maybe rather than thinking about being a central location think about what highlights the best of brittain

mountains or some other national natural pride

maybe its not so good for distance but after travveling the UK for a final cache it must be worth it right?

That may well be a better way of doing it, but how do we divide the UK up like the French have done?

I haven't read this thread in its entirety, but:

- If you mean "in general", then I don't see what's wrong with counties

- If you mean "for the specific issue of this cache", then my solution was just to stick 6 (roughly) evenly distributed pins in the country, while staying near to places with active cachers.

I don't know if it's one of Parkinson's laws to say that the time taken to organise a volunteer project is proportional to the square of the number of people involved, or if I just made it up, but I do know that my cache took nearly three months to organise and I only had to get 6 individuals to visit one of their existing caches and drop off a clue.

Hi Guys,

Appologies for the lack of comment on the Quest recently. Due to a holiday and due to the very unexpected death of my brother in June i've not had a chance to look at this for some time.

In terms of progress before I stopped, I have a website that is well on the way to being finished. I have had some emails from OldGimmer (OP) including drafts of details to be sent to Groundspeak however have not had a chance to work through these as yet.

I am hoping to get all the things I had to put on hold back on track in september and will try and make this a priority.

Regarding the project as a whole. I think as so many people were interested in the first place I would suggest that it remains a county challenge.

(Oh and nice choice in Atlas Mrs B. I make those for a living!)

Well, Little Quest is all up and running. So the question is more, what about Big Quest. On a previous thread I still got a lot of positive comments about getting it started. But if people don't want two running then i'm not going to spend time working on it.

So peeps, what d'ya say?

As for us, we are on the starting blocks, I can hear the 'On your marks, get ready, but no 'Go' The cache container is all ready, we have a spot marked out, so I say lets get this Big Quest rolling. Tell me Bambography, is there much more to sort out before the off ?

Well, Little Quest is all up and running. So the question is more, what about Big Quest. On a previous thread I still got a lot of positive comments about getting it started. But if people don't want two running then i'm not going to spend time working on it.

So peeps, what d'ya say?

Absolutely have two quests running!!!

Looking at the list no one has gone for the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales so we could do that!!!

Absolutely! - In fact I see you are already there!

Although England is now covered there are still counties that need hiders so the whole quest can get up and running! to save you hunting for the page, you can find the list HERE

Edited by Bambography