Trading your Trades?

007BigD

Just wonderin about this.

I myself am only about 6 trades deep into the trade game and I couldnt think of trading any of my trades, but with all you guys out there that have been trading for a long time, you have many.

I see that some of you also do not buy coins anymore, but rely on trades only. Outside of your personal coins- Do you trade your trades? Do you have them on your trades list? Or would you dig through your special trades to...lets say better provide in a secret mission?

Just a thought I had, as to what everyone else does with their trades. As of now they are my most prized and are in my 1st pages of my binder, but I can easily see those pages getting full quick, especially if I was to produce my own coin.

I guess it would depend on the coin traded, But what are your trades doin?

Sorry if this topic has already been discussed-I did a search and didnt find much.

I rarely turn anyone down for a trade. So that means I have traded for coins that I already have and sometimes already have extras of.

So yes I have been known to trade the trades. Sometimes I sell the trade on eBay. :P

But when I first started I did not trade or sell the trades. I still do not really trade other peoples personal coin...just seems weird to me.

It depends on the particular coin. If I am the one initiating a trade, I usually keep the coin. However there have been a lot of times that I see a coin that I know another local cacher would like to have, so I make the trade with the intention of giving that coin away when I get it.

If someone initiates a trade with me, then the coin I get in return could be traded later on, kept, given away, or activated and sent out.

When I began trading, I turned down several trades because the person didn't have a coin that I was interested in, but my philosiphy has changed a great deal since then. There are a lot of new traderrs out there that may not have many coins, and I understand that, so I rarely turn down a trade anymore. Even if it's for a coin that I already have.

Several you that have traded with me may know that a lot of times I'll just say "Just send me whatever you want to. I don't even want to know what it is until I open the envelope" I do that more and more lately, and you know, I have NEVER been dissappointed in the coins that I get.

That keep it fun and interesting for me. If I do get a duplicate coin, I'll just drop it off in a cache for the next finder. No big deal :P

<snip> There are a lot of new traders out there that may not have many coins, and I understand that, so I rarely turn down a trade anymore. Even if it's for a coin that I already have.

Several you that have traded with me may know that a lot of times I'll just say "Just send me whatever you want to. I don't even want to know what it is until I open the envelope" I do that more and more lately, and you know, I have NEVER been disappointed in the coins that I get.

That keep it fun and interesting for me. If I do get a duplicate coin, I'll just drop it off in a cache for the next finder. No big deal :anibad:

This is exactly how I feel. I am going to adopt the "Just send me whatever you want to. I don't even want to know what it is until I open the envelope" attitude. I love it. :P

I hate being turned down for a trade so I try to never make other people feel that way. ;) Trade and be happy!

This is exactly how I feel. I am going to adopt the "Just send me whatever you want to. I don't even want to know what it is until I open the envelope" attitude. I love it. :P

so --- wanna trade? I'd love to get the new PoS mini coins. They're adorable.

Windrose

I like these ideas- pretty cool not knowin what to expect- and it certainly makes the one who initiates the trade happy.- Its like a mini secret mission :P

I saw many trades at geocoinfest- many of which I wish I could have been part of, and a few I am very happy to have been a part of.-Especially when the Daughter of the Parents of Sam mistook me and ran off with my coin- I was just going to leave it be, then realized, Hey "I want those coins that the little girl had" and when I approached her- got the pleasure of meeting- The Parents of SAM.

I would never trade these coins, and from what the rest are saying so far...A traded personal coin is somewhat off limits as far as trading again- That was my thought too.

So the commercial trades are more of a trading coin, and those are the trades that most of you would trade, for now they are still special to me.---Thanks for the input so far.

Edited by 007BigD

Windrose

Wow.. and here I am seeking a Dreamcatcher! LOL

I just asked someone about one - keeping fingers crossed!

Im also wanting a United We Cache.

Overall, we keep our trades, but would trade to someone else IF they really wanted one. I know how I feel when I get a coin I REALLY REALLY wanted (Thanks secret Leprechaun - Warm Suncatcher!) so, I would trade if I knew it would make someones day.

-Especially when the Daughter of the Parents of Sam mistook me and ran off with my coin- I was just going to leave it be, then realized, Hey "I want those coins that the little girl had" and when I approached her- got the pleasure of meeting- The Parents of SAM.

It was a pleasure to meet you also and the girls love your stamped pennies and are proud to have them as part of their collection. :P:anibad:;)

I usually don't trade my trades because I have a hard time parting with them, I think it is part of the addiction.

However when I seek a request for a coin and I have multiple responses to trade I often end up with multiples of the same coin, for the same reason stated above, I really have a hard time turning down a good trade. I guess that is how I ended up with 3 Harry Potter Event coins :P .

I really need to make a real trades and wants list- Im still having trouble with all the posting pics and making the little "wordlinks" and this goes for the little trades and wants link many of you have with your forum posts.

For now I have only made a want list on my profile (inspired by the Secret missions)- Seems a little greedy only having a want list- I need to figure this stuff out... I am reading the threads on this stuff and hopefully soon I will have at least an Avitar :P

Edited to say: I am glad the kids like my Sig. it was most memorable the little meet that we had.

Edited by 007BigD

I usually don't trade my trades because I have a hard time parting with them, I think it is part of the addiction.

However when I seek a request for a coin and I have multiple responses to trade I often end up with multiples of the same coin, for the same reason stated above, I really have a hard time turning down a good trade. I guess that is how I ended up with 3 Harry Potter Event coins :P .

Braggart - Id give an eye tooth for one of those HP coins!

This is exactly how I feel. I am going to adopt the "Just send me whatever you want to. I don't even want to know what it is until I open the envelope" attitude. I love it. :anibad:

Windrose

I sure do! ;):P;)

What she said :P (please)

Windrose

I sure do! :anibad:;):P

Cool. I'll shoot you an email.

Windrose

Windrose

Wow.. and here I am seeking a Dreamcatcher! LOL

I just asked someone about one - keeping fingers crossed!

Im also wanting a United We Cache.

Overall, we keep our trades, but would trade to someone else IF they really wanted one. I know how I feel when I get a coin I REALLY REALLY wanted (Thanks secret Leprechaun - Warm Suncatcher!) so, I would trade if I knew it would make someones day.

I have both of those coins... maybe we will set up a trade when your new coin comes in?

I try not to trade coins that I get from trades. But I have given away coins that I have got from trades to use for secret missions if it is on that the person that I got is looking for. Then back to the seeking list it goes. I know that if I liked the coin and someone is also seeking the coin it just might make them happy to get it also. So kinda like spreading the love of a coin if you will.

I try not to trade coins that I get from trades. But I have given away coins that I have got from trades to use for secret missions if it is on that the person that I got is looking for. Then back to the seeking list it goes. I know that if I liked the coin and someone is also seeking the coin it just might make them happy to get it also. So kinda like spreading the love of a coin if you will.

Yeah-Spreadin the love is always good- I can totally see gettin a coin from a trade-Admiring it and then passing it on for others to enjoy as well. I would be down with that!

I guess if a coin can make more than 1 person happy, then that coin has more than served its purpose, and to then to pass it on again, well that coin is going to Heaven! :P

I just got a coin that has had 6 owners, funny thing is I bought it!...and ill bet you know where.