mapsource US topo and city

i just picked up the us topo map and found that i can see my cities topo and major city streets but no minor streets. if i purchase the mapsource city will my city detail showing all major and minor streets be included.

With topo if you zoom in (below 500ft) it should show all the streets.

In all fairness, Garmin US Topo maps are pretty faithful reproductions of USGS 1:100K maps. If they are dated, blame the USGS.

Navteq, which sells maps to Garmin for use in City Select and City Nav software, spends buck on keeping their map data up-to-date. It is usually only a year to 18 months old. You get what you pay for.

Topo maps are really designed to show, well, topography, which doesn't change too much. Man made features are sort of a throw-in.

hhmmm

when i zoom in, i get some streets but not all. my parents road which is 30 yrs old isnt even on there!!!!!

is map making really hard?

how up to date are the car GPS maps?

i got the garmin mostly for hiking but i figured well since i have it why not navigate with it.

hhmmm

when i zoom in, i get some streets but not all. my parents road which is 30 yrs old isnt even on there!!!!!

is map making really hard?

how up to date are the car GPS maps?

i got the garmin mostly for hiking but i figured well since i have it why not navigate with it.

The road maps (City Navigator) are relatively up to date. The maps are generally a year or so behind real life, which, in the map making world is as good as you can ask for. You may not see all the streets in your city, depending on how rapidly your city is growing, but you will see most of the streets. Additionally they are named and have block numbers. Go to the Map view on Garmin's website and you can see how much road detail it has in your city.