SkullDuggery Coin

miloparley

So, as far as representing a charity, that was my call because I believe in the kids who work hard to stay out of trouble. And if making fake post to bring the topic back to the top of the forum is a crime than punish me and ban from here. But do not punish kids who have done nothing to you by bad mouth a cause that is greater than your own.

I here by apoligize for my actions, I meant no harm. I simple meant to spread the word. With the help of all of you on this post, we have accomplished just that. I don't care if I look bad or not.

Helping them to stay out of trouble by teaching them that the end justify the means. What a roll model. As far as I'm concerned you can keep your apology and your coins.

TraderDell

Miloparley: Thank you for the explanation and we all make mistakes. At least you admitted to your reason for making the posts unlike some of the geocoin makers that have sprung up to make this more of a money making business than hobby. I am still interested in one of your coins as I believe in helping an organization that helps children and I like the design.

I am glad that most of the people on the forums live in glass houses.

But do not punish kids who have done nothing to you by bad mouth a cause that is greater than your own.

You have done a fine job of doing this yourself, you need no help. Misrepresenting a good cause is a nice lesson to teach the kids.

If you ever doubted what this group can do for the kids please feel free to visit this thread: Please keep Loridarlin in your thoughts & prayers , it is a great example of what you could have accomplished.

Edited by Damenace

The coin will survive. I did nothing that anyone else on here hasn't done already when promoting a coin. Instead of writing this my coin, I pretend it wasn't to avoid the emails.

But there is always one person who wants to know what is going on. The coins were promoted and sold to build an interest. The auction is a result of the popularity of the coin. The negative feedback is a result of me. I wanted the word out about the coin so I could make some money back from it, which I have done. And now that I have broke even the last two coins for sell will end in two days. From there it is up to Coins and Pins to release the coins. I have no idea when they will do that, but I do know they tend to release coins in groups.

So, as far as representing a charity, that was my call because I believe in the kids who work hard to stay out of trouble. And if making fake post to bring the topic back to the top of the forum is a crime than punish me and ban from here. But do not punish kids who have done nothing to you by bad mouth a cause that is greater than your own.

I here by apoligize for my actions, I meant no harm. I simple meant to spread the word. With the help of all of you on this post, we have accomplished just that. I don't care if I look bad or not.

THANK YOU for finally coming clean on this issue. All this drama could have been avoided from the very start. I think the community would have gotten fully on board and embraced the cause to help this organization if you had simply revealed your connection to the organization when you were asked point blank about it. Despite all the negativity that YOU brought upon this organization, the coin, and yourself, the community may still get on board. I give you credit to finally come forward with ALL the facts which was probably pretty hard to do given all the webs weaved but be that as it may. I don't think anyone is 'badmouthing" the organization and if anyone has punished the kids (and the organization) it was you and your deceptive actons. That being said; I am satisfied that you have seen the errors you made in this situation and accept your apology. No doubt your coin will do well, it is a very well done design. Kudos to your originality.

Thank you! So....Anyone want to hear about another coin? lol

Sure why not. The next mistake I make won't be my first. I also know when all is said and done I'll support this coin and future ones if they're as well done.

TraderDell

Edited by Traderdell

Miloparley: Thank you for the explanation and we all make mistakes. At least you admitted to your reason for making the posts unlike some of the geocoin makers that have sprung up to make this more of a money making business than hobby. I am still interested in one of your coins as I believe in helping an organization that helps children and I like the design.

I am glad that most of the people on the forums live in glass houses.

Selling coins as a business is one thing. That's buyer beware, sucker born ever minute, greed, etc., etc., Something done in the name of charity should hold up to scrutiny 100% of time otherwise it's preying on someone else's kindheartedness. There's no need for deception, coiners are the most charitible in the

geo-community, like THIS THREAD demonstrates. It only takes one incident like this spoil it for others.

The geocoin community has been taken before and there is no doubt will be in the future. However, the individual admitted he did something wrong unlike others and this thread can move forward. There is no reason to continue to beat him over the head or blame him for the downfall of charitable contributions. It has already been settled that the geocoin community will recover and continue on.

The geocoin community has been taken before and there is no doubt will be in the future.

So nothing should be done about it? That's BS. Hey, milo, better make the next coin in the shape of a doormat.

Edited by D@nim@l

I don't think we need to get into a pi$$ing contest here. No one has said that Milo is guiltless, including Milo himself. It has been established that he could have conducted himself better in this matter. It is important to realize that to a man (woman) we ALL have the inablility to see ourselves at certain times and sometimes things need to be pointed out to us on occassion before we see it. I think Milo's heart was in the right place concerning this organization, but his methodology was lacking. Should he have been upfront? Sure. Was he deceptive? Absolutely. It took a bit a strong arming trying to point this out to Milo but he has admitted his error. Lets not string Milo up by the nearest tree limb now for doing what we wanted from him from the start. Though it might have been slow in coming at least Milo came around and had the eyes to see, the ears to hear, and the willingness to accept responsibility for his actions and was apologetic in the end. Do what you wanted as it relates to his coin, either buy or or pass on it. Lets move on already. There is already to much hate in the world lets have some fun now.

The coin will survive. I did nothing that anyone else on here hasn't done already when promoting a coin. Instead of writing this my coin, I pretend it wasn't to avoid the emails.

:anitongue:

Yesterday I posted that, though I originally wanted this coin, I became uninterested in this coin because of all the deception. The above statement really confirms my disgust in this whole matter. There are plenty of charities helping needy children. I'm going to go find one right now, and donate to them directly.

The coin will survive.

I'm sure the coins will still sell out for Coins and Pins and the ones that are for sale elsewhere will too. It's a nice looking coin. I wanted one myself. However, I will no longer be buying one from Coins and Pins or anyone else. Nor will I trade for this coin.

If you learned a lesson, that's great. If you design a new coin that's as good looking and interesting and promote it in an honest fashion, then I will be interested in acquiring one. But not the current SkullDuggery coin. Ever.

I did nothing that anyone else on here hasn't done already when promoting a coin.

Now that just tears it. You just insulted my integrity and that of many others who have ever had a geocoin made. There are some who have tried to take advantage of geocoin buyers. However, I and most other members of this community do not engage in underhanded salesmanship. Do business in good faith. Be a good human being.

I've edited a few posts in this thread.

As a reminder to all:

Examples of posts that may be edited or deleted include posts containing profanity, chain letter and other spam postings, posts that disclose the tracking number codes for Groundspeak travel bugs or posts that reveal private information about another community member.

I'm sure this could have been handled without the posting of individual's names. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thanks,

- Sketti

As a reminder to all:

Examples of posts that may be edited or deleted include posts containing profanity, chain letter and other spam postings, posts that disclose the tracking number codes for Groundspeak travel bugs or posts that reveal private information about another community member.

I'm sure this could have been handled without the posting of individual's names. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thanks,

- Sketti

You'll have to explain how that could have been done then FSM. Without some factual information this could have turned into a scam or he said, she said. I'm sorry, but you can't moderate the truth and let the deception stand.

As a reminder to all:

Thanks,

- Sketti

Lol........I guess I'm one of the guilty parties, I forgot about that rule. I'll consider my hand slapped :anibad:

Tsun.

I did nothing that anyone else on here hasn't done already when promoting a coin. Instead of writing this my coin, I pretend it wasn't to avoid the emails.

Best apology I have seen yet. Way to take responsibility.

Care to give a few examples of these other people who have made a coin, lied about it repeatedly when asked if it was theirs, promoted it though these techniques, then claimed it was OK since everyone else does it? I have yet to see another coin produced in this way yet you make the claim that you have done nothing different than anyone else has done here. Sounds to me like you probably should have spent more time here seeing how things worked before coming in and trying your hand at the whole coin buisness. Sure there are people here who will make a coin about anything, will price gouge you in a second, and others that are just shady. You my friend have taken this to a whole new level.

Edited by pghlooking

I did nothing that anyone else on here hasn't done already when promoting a coin. Instead of writing this my coin, I pretend it wasn't to avoid the emails.

Jerk.

Any chance you took some of your marketing lessons in the Wyoming era?

Go ahead, FSM - smack my hand if this is revealing private information about a member.

Jerk.

Any chance you took some of your marketing lessons in the Wyoming era?

Go ahead, FSM - smack my hand if this is revealing private information about a member.

I won't slap your hand for the Wyoming remark, but consider yourself warned for the "jerk" comment.

Don't get me wrong, you are free to your opinions, but I quote from the guidelines:

Personal Attacks and Flames will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

Finally, I'm closing this thread at the request of the OP.