SkullDuggery Coin

miloparley

Has anyone seen the new coin coming out by Coins and Pins. They are calling it the SkullDuggery coin and it is supposed to be out within a week or two. They had it on their website, and then it was gone.

It has a skull and cross bones, and it is cut out. It looks 3D. The coin had a compass on the other side. It was pretty neat coin. I was wondering if anyone had any of them.

Has anyone seen the new coin coming out by Coins and Pins. They are calling it the SkullDuggery coin and it is supposed to be out within a week or two. They had it on their website, and then it was gone.

It has a skull and cross bones, and it is cut out. It looks 3D. The coin had a compass on the other side. It was pretty neat coin. I was wondering if anyone had any of them.

I think this is what your looking for here

I happened to see the same thing with the Compass Rose and GeocachingDragon coins a day or so before they went on sale. I think that happens when they're loading the coin into their system. The quantity is always Sold Out, because they haven't put a count into their inventory. The coin shows up on the Stock Geocoins page as sold out, and then disappears completely. I'd say this was a sign they're getting ready to sell the coin! If you're on their mailing list, you should get an email when they announce the upcoming sale of the coin.

Well, see, that's not necessarily true. Last time I looked, the coin pictures weren't even on the page anymore. I see they've appeared on the page again. Whenever C&P is getting ready to list a coin, the pictures appear on the page with a quantity of Sold Out. Then, the pictures may disappear for a while. Then, at their previously scheduled sale date, the pictures re-appear with actual quantities in inventory. I bet they had some left over from the last sale (due to cancelled orders or whatever), and they're getting ready to list them. Just like they're probably getting ready to list SkullDuggery. Just my thoughts on how I've noticed events occur in the past! :P

That has got to be the first coin I've seen that looks like some kind of Treasure. That is awesome. How much is that coin selling for? That's cut out too, you don't see that a lot, because it gets quite exspensive. Some one went the extra mile to make that coin a first of its kind. I love it!

I saw the same thing, it says on the auction that he designed it. Coins and Pins has some kind of deal where they will sell the coins for you and give you so many of them in exchange for the copyright. I'd imagine that when the website starts selling them, we are going to see a lot more on Ebay. And then, just like the compass rose the price is going to be $40 a pop. But hey, who wouldn't jump on the opportunity to buy a coin for that much and then send it out in the world to get muggled? lol

Unless you collect the coins. Then I could see the point in buying something that there are probably only 100 or 200 of them made. Some of these coins, like that laptop one, I'd like to have just because they are very creative.

I dont know about this coin but i know that with coins and pins if you designed it its your copyright and if they sell them you still retain the copyright over the design They will give you coins inexhange for them to sellsome. Other companys will take your copyright in exchange for the coins and then they can make a s many as they want . So make sure you know what deal you have . But coins and pins are Great..

And i also like this coin as well

How do they show up on Ebay before coins and pins releases them for sale?

TraderDell

My guess would be the OP is the one behind the coin. Would the OP care to answer that one?

Psst. You must have missed this post. Do you have anything to do with the coin other than promote it? Are you behind it? You saw the coin before it was released. You activated a coin prior to the eBay sales ending which shows either you are behind it or are friends with whomever is behind it.

You say it will be posted in the newspaper this Sunday. Which paper since I am local I would stop to get one.

A nice looking coin that I wanted before, but now with all this shadyness I am not sure. A whole bunch of questions but not an answer anywhere. When asked in your other thread about the same coin, you chose to have the thread closed rather than answer. Hopefully you won't do the same here.

I also believe he is closer to this coin than he is telling us. Closing that other thread just adds to my skepticism and suspicions that somehting is seriously wrong here that he is trying to hide. Makes me wonder, was this guy bidding against his own item (shill bid) to drive up the price? I won't be surprised to see this thread closed too.

Greets, I find this even more interesting. This user created a ebay account on the 3/22 in the name of CHANGE.INC. Created a auction on 3/23, and ended it the same day. It's one thing actually creating a auction for charity this is a great thing to do for a comunity . But to create a ebay account in the name of that charity unless you are indeed are part of the Organization does raise some suspicion. Are you part of this Organization ?? This is a valid question that deserves a answer. If you are not , you are indeed misrepresenting yourself.

Here is the closed auction for these 4 coins that were going to be auctioned from your other post/ thread. Closed Auction

On the auction page you state that these coins are the design of another. I quote::

CHANGE, INC.

CHANGE, Inc. is a non-profit Community Action Agency that services the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia. Since 1983, CHANGE, Inc. has helped thousands of individuals through a variety of programs such as After-school Centers, Domestic Violence Shelter, Rural Transportation, Emergency Services, Healthcare, and Home Energy Programs.

This fund-raiser was made possible by Jeff Raveaux, designer of the Skullduggery Geocoin, who donated these four coins to CHANGE, Inc.'s after-school program, the Mario T. Pipinos Center. The Mario Center provides daily activties for at-risk children, at no cost and provides a safe alternative to the streets. More information about CHANGE, Inc. and its programs can be found at www.changeinc.org.

This set of four coins has an unique design.

* Two bronze finished coins

* Two gold-polished coins

* Each coin measures 1.75 in diameter

* All unactivated and trackable at Geocaching.com

* Custom icon

So you did not design these coins. You stated you were auctioning for a cause, then you open a Ebay account in the name of CHANGE.INC. Whats the deal here ? Inquiring minds what to know .

Edited by glennk721

The newspaper is coming out Sunday the 24th, which is tomorrow. It will be in the Weirton Daily Times, and I encourage you to get one. CHANGE Inc is a great organization. What they do for the community, makes me proud to say that I did work for them. They created the Ebay account, and they also posted the auction on accident. So, they ended it and now it is set up to start at 10am today.

Thank you for your time.

Change.inc is differant then Change.org. If they created the ebay account how come they did not open it in the name of the non-profit Organization ? Since you are speaking on their behalf .

INC = Business

ORG = Non-Profit Organization

The actualy site listed on the auction page lists Change.org as the charity .

Are you reading any of this or just posting more? Go to the website. www.changeinc.org.

CHANGE Inc stands for Christian Helping Arrange New Growth Enterprises. It got started by a church by of the 1970, to help write resume for steel worker that got lay off from Weirton Steel. My father was one of those guys.

Over the years, the company grew and even more programs popped up. One of which was the Mario Center. Which is what the auction is going to help.

miloparley,

Looks like a great charity. I see that <name removed by moderaotr> (Executive Director of Change, Inc.) is related to the designer of the coin;<name removed by moderaotr> and since you used to work there, it's obvious how the connection takes place. I hope you are able to raise a good chunk of money for a great cause.

The coin is a neat design.

Have fun caching with NightFox :anitongue:

Tsun

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Yes I am reading ! I am looking for clarification thats all, Thank you for pointing out they are one in the same.

As for the way you approched this from the begining of this thread is what was realy unclear, first knowing nothing about the coin, then to be backing it. Observation that this was conflicting information in the start of this thread to the current status.

The new auction was just listed, at a lower starting bid than the closed one.

I hope there is nothing shady going on here since this is a nice looking coin...errrr...token :anitongue: .

I, too, have been wondering when C & P would finally release these things, but as long asd they are still going for $20 - $30 on eBay, perhaps the designer is delaying the release?

Anyway, it's a nice geocoin, I'd like one (or a few) at a reasonable cost. Hopefully it will come to pass...

The newspaper is coming out Sunday the 24th, which is tomorrow. It will be in the Weirton Daily Times, and I encourage you to get one. CHANGE Inc is a great organization. What they do for the community, makes me proud to say that I did work for them. They created the Ebay account, and they also posted the auction on accident. So, they ended it and now it is set up to start at 10am today.

Thank you for your time.

Did work for them? It's funny how <name removed by moderaotr> (Executive Director of Change, Inc.) is related to the designer of the coin; <name removed by moderaotr>, and the last name could ve pronounced <name removed by moderaotr> which would mathc the cache you own called Ravo1. Lots of things pointing to you, but few direct answers as to whether you have anything to actually do with this coin. Seems a pretty bad ploy to drum up interest and drama into a coin that wouldn't have been needed.

Did you ever think that I wouldn't want the 50 some emails I now have asking for coins. Thank you.

I also placed a coin in Ambridge. I would like to get a small contest started.

I am to fill in the blanks that yes you are the one behind the coin since you refuse to just use the basic wording to comfirm this after ou have been asked point blank repeatedly from several people. So go for the deception technique instead. That'll win them over.

I guess being new here to the coin forums would make you somewhat naive to it, but when you are auctioning coins in the name of a Christian group, shouldn't honesty come in there somewhere? Or does the ends justify the means with this?

Great relationship you are building up with the commmunity through your honesty and forthcoming.

Did you ever think that I wouldn't want the 50 some emails I now have asking for coins. Thank you.

I also placed a coin in Ambridge. I would like to get a small contest started.

Whoa, what happened here?

Did you ever think someone would want an honest answer to question? Hype about a coin is one thing, deception is another. I asked you point blank if you were behind this and you denied it twice. If you could't be upfront about the question, you could have replied privately, which you didn't (at least not to me when I asked). The story for the paper was done at that point that's why the auction has to go through. So the potential you have to do good gets questioned and that ultimately affects the charity. Now seeing what others have found, in my mind miloparley=<name removed by moderaotr>, would that be correct?

This is a really good looking coin, especially the shiny gold version. I'm sorry to see such negativity associated with it. The coin is currently at a premium but the market is shakey. This "mysterious marketing strategy" may have started out well but it is definately time to be completely forthcoming.

Edited by tom4props

I say we wage an all out ban on this coin in this community. Why should we support a shady business deal if one had to lie and manipulate his way around his ventures.

Last time I checked, when one individual asks a questions the person being asked answers(truthfully). In the other thread that got locked he was asked straight up if he was involved his response "no", now it appears that the response was a lie.

I feel sorry for the charity, they will suffer due to the improper representation of one individual.

I say we wage an all out ban on this coin in this community.

I am with you on that. It will show future people coming here and playing this same game that this community won't stand for it. Maybe it will put some honesty back into these coins. I fear some are so addicted though they would buy anything regardless of what was behind it, just so they have them all.

Sad thing is this was a unique coin that easily stood above alot of recent releases and would have done very well on it's own. To lie about it continually just to try and trump it up really hurt the coin and this group.

The coin will survive. I did nothing that anyone else on here hasn't done already when promoting a coin. Instead of writing this my coin, I pretend it wasn't to avoid the emails.

But there is always one person who wants to know what is going on. The coins were promoted and sold to build an interest. The auction is a result of the popularity of the coin. The negative feedback is a result of me. I wanted the word out about the coin so I could make some money back from it, which I have done. And now that I have broke even the last two coins for sell will end in two days. From there it is up to Coins and Pins to release the coins. I have no idea when they will do that, but I do know they tend to release coins in groups.

So, as far as representing a charity, that was my call because I believe in the kids who work hard to stay out of trouble. And if making fake post to bring the topic back to the top of the forum is a crime than punish me and ban from here. But do not punish kids who have done nothing to you by bad mouth a cause that is greater than your own.

I here by apoligize for my actions, I meant no harm. I simple meant to spread the word. With the help of all of you on this post, we have accomplished just that. I don't care if I look bad or not.