GPS map 60C memory problem

We've run into a real head scratcher...when we try to download a new cache into our GPSmap 60C, the message "waypoint file is full" comes up. The only way we can download a new waypoint, is to manually delete an old one. What's up with this? Can't find any way to clean out the waypoint / found geocache file en mass...Would like to clean out these files regularly to avoid this problem. As an alternative, I guess we could "reset" the unit?? could use some help on this please :P Thanks!!!

We've run into a real head scratcher...when we try to download a new cache into our GPSmap 60C, the message "waypoint file is full" comes up. The only way we can download a new waypoint, is to manually delete an old one. What's up with this? Can't find any way to clean out the waypoint / found geocache file en mass...Would like to clean out these files regularly to avoid this problem. As an alternative, I guess we could "reset" the unit?? could use some help on this please :P Thanks!!!

Trip Computer menu, delete, gives you option to delete all waypoints, tracks, etc.

Bring up the waypoint list, and press the Menu button. You can then delete waypoints based on the waypoint symbol. That lets you just clear caches, and keep others you may want to save.

Yup! I regularly purge my 60CSx of everything. Those waypoints important to me, (home/mom/etc), are in GSAK in a seperate file. Also, I have all my caches and child waypoints in GSAK as yet another file which I upload through the custom POI feature, so they don't eat up allotted space. When I purge, I'll reload a new PQ into GSAK and start over with fresh data.

Hit "Find", select "Waypoints", then hit "Enter". A list of waypoints will appear. Hit "Menu", and one of your choices will be "Delete". Scroll to it and hit "Enter", and you'll get the option to delete all, or delate by symbol.

Good luck!

If you set up the 60C's "geocaching" mode, the waypoint icon will automatically be changed from a closed box to an open one when you hit the "found" button on the compass screen. This can be a handy way to clean out the waypoints for caches you've already found. At the end of the day, I delete all waypoints with the "geocache found" icon:

c781a6b5-8012-41da-a77a-f2daff547864.jpg

As others before me have posted, you can get to this screen by hitting the Find button, selecting "waypoints", then hitting the Menu button, then selecting "delete" from the popup menu.

The unit will confirm your selection before actually deleting anything:

a3f65af6-3218-4887-88ba-9079d5f85e2a.jpg