Date Oddities

Super-T

I am always logged in automatically at home, and when I log a find, the DATE is always a day behind Aussie time, even though I have my profile set to the right time zone, and my own computer set to the right time and date.

HOWEVER:

In a rush to log a FTF on a cache tonight, I ran to a friend's house to log it from his computer which was closer to the cache than mine, and when I logged the find from there, it came up with the CORRECT date.

So why is the date a day behind from MY computer, and correct from HIS. I've always just put up with always having to alter the found date before posting a find, but it would be nice to find out why his computer has corrected for my location automatically, as sometimes I forget to correct the date when posting, and so post for the wrong find day, and I'd love to have it do this for me.

Any ideas where/how else to go to teach geocaching.com that those in Australia are a day ahead, so I don't have to remember to correct the date for each note/find/log the way my friend's computer seems to have done.

I am always logged in automatically at home, and when I log a find, the DATE is always a day behind Aussie time, even though I have my profile set to the right time zone, and my own computer set to the right time and date.

HOWEVER:

In a rush to log a FTF on a cache tonight, I ran to a friend's house to log it from his computer which was closer to the cache than mine, and when I logged the find from there, it came up with the CORRECT date.

So why is the date a day behind from MY computer, and correct from HIS. I've always just put up with always having to alter the found date before posting a find, but it would be nice to find out why his computer has corrected for my location automatically, as sometimes I forget to correct the date when posting, and so post for the wrong find day, and I'd love to have it do this for me.

Any ideas where/how else to go to teach geocaching.com that those in Australia are a day ahead, so I don't have to remember to correct the date for each note/find/log the way my friend's computer seems to have done.

The date is set from the server in the States,(Washington time I think?) so It is generally 15-17hrs behind us. So when you logged your find at your friends place, the server in the States may have clocked over midnight and was now the "same day" as Aus. Timezones are your friends.....

HOWEVER:

The date is set from the server in the States,(Washington time I think?) so It is generally 15-17hrs behind us. So when you logged your find at your friends place, the server in the States may have clocked over midnight and was now the "same day" as Aus. Timezones are your friends.....

Perhaps they should set this based on the browser timezone or use Javascript to set the default day as this has access to local time zone data

Perhaps they should set this based on the browser timezone or use Javascript to set the default day as this has access to local time zone data

Be a useful addition, and not exactly hard to manage from my limited understanding of what it involves.

Alas, until they do, I'll just have to keep changing the date, on about 98% of all cache finds, a day forward to Aussie time, cause to have Washington time be correct for me means doing late evening caches, and darkness makes cache finding a whole lot harder to do.

Be a useful addition, and not exactly hard to manage from my limited understanding of what it involves.

Alas, until they do, I'll just have to keep changing the date, on about 98% of all cache finds, a day forward to Aussie time, cause to have Washington time be correct for me means doing late evening caches, and darkness makes cache finding a whole lot harder to do.

apparently this is a known issue and they will be hopefully fixing this... ie I have a posted msg in another thread