problems anyone?

beezerb

Anyone else having problems with geocaching.com being really really slow tonight?

Yes! :D

But in my case it's really slow "this afternoon" (Tuesday). :D

Added in edit:

And now all of a sudden it's OK!

Edited by Bunya

Not okay for me . . . :D

- - - - - - - -

Server Error in '/' Application.

Server Too Busy

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +146

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Same here, as of 11:09 pm. This seems to be happening a lot lately. If the server is busy, and we are paying for the service, I think that they ought to be able to fix the problem. One would think...

Not okay for me . . . :D

- - - - - - - -

Server Error in '/' Application.

Server Too Busy

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +146

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

I am not seeing any problems right now.

Having said that - TPTB are in process of a major re-write of what Jeremy called "hobby" code. When complete the site should be stable and very scalable to future growth. No timeline has been given but I know things will be better.

Well, no server issue really except that I cannot get re-certified since I'm not receiving any email from the site at all. I found a cache tonight and can't log it because I changed my email address (thinking it was an issue with gmail) and now I know it's an issue with the site. UGH!

Vince

I am....but my problems are im not getting my emails to notify me that people have found my caches. Anyone else having these problems? Or is it just me.

You are not alone. No e-mails that our caches have been found and only an occasional watchlist e-mail.

Well, it's worse here.... no e-mails about new cache listings! (and I'm on gmail)

And no PQs either.... what's a guy to do?

It appears there are others (including me) having a problem getting PQs also. There is another post dedciated to that issue. It wouldn't be so bad, but it's a bummer that we have to use up all our available PQ credits to test out if they're working or not.

Edited by Skippermark

Well, no server issue really except that I cannot get re-certified since I'm not receiving any email from the site at all. I found a cache tonight and can't log it because I changed my email address (thinking it was an issue with gmail) and now I know it's an issue with the site.

Oh crap - GMail throttles emails too??? I switched from yahoo to gmail yesterday and I haven't got my pqs that ran late last night.

WHAT EMAIL SHOULD WE USE THAT DELIVERS THE GC EMAILS???

Problems on a Monday night - this weekend should be a fun time :P on the site

Well, no server issue really except that I cannot get re-certified since I'm not receiving any email from the site at all. I found a cache tonight and can't log it because I changed my email address (thinking it was an issue with gmail) and now I know it's an issue with the site.

Oh crap - GMail throttles emails too??? I switched from yahoo to gmail yesterday and I haven't got my pqs that ran late last night.

i use aol....never had problems with emails yet

i use aol....never had problems with emails yet

I am having the same problems as everyone else. I have tried two email addresses that are on my own servers, and a hotmail address with no luck. I am lucky to have recieved the code to confirm my account. Out of 5 pq's ran yesterday I recieved 1. There were multiple other emails through the site that I didn't recieve. I don't think it is a client email problem, I think it is a GC.com problem. It would be nice for TPTB to let us know what is going on, even if it is a "we don't know what is causing this, but we are working on it".

Well, that's what you get when CCCooperAgency sweeps through your town!

LOL, that is true, very true. She swept through the area with 2 traveling companions and I had Geo13 pay a visit to town the same weekend. The log entry emails are STILL rolling in... :P

Anyone else having problems with geocaching.com being really really slow tonight?

Its fine tonight :P I haven't had any problems except around noon (EST) I got about 50 gc.com e-mails in about 10 minutes. I'm still trying to read all of them :lol: