invisibleshield ?

Invisible shield is awesome!!!

I have had one on my Vista Cx and it went up against some old, sharp bamboo in Cambodia. Two small scratches on the film but didn't rip the protector or get through. I was actually shocked it scratched the film. It has been bombproof in every other situation.

I'm going to test out their lifetime replacement guarantee and replace the scratched film.

I tried a different protector before I got this one and it was horrible. It kept peeling off.

Aloha

I give invisibleshield a thumbs up also. However, be aware it will not protect against everything. I have replaced mine twice ($3 each time). The first time it saved my 60 Cx from what I'm sure would have been a very nasty scratch. Instead, my GPSr was unscathed.

The second time I was not as lucky. I put my GPSr in the glove box and the next day there was a gouge right in the middle of my screen. It must have been pressed against something.. it was a sad day. Anyway, even though I got a small a scratch in the middle of my screen I'm certain it would have been much worse without the invisibleshield. I still recommend it.

One other thing about invisibleshield...

I was kayaking and had my GPSr in a neoprene case (floats better that way). Well the neoprene case has clear vinyl over the screen. Believe it or not my GPSr got a little wet. Long story short... Clear vinyl, water and invisible shield really really like each other. After things dried out the vinyl was stuck pretty good to the invisibleshield. It took some effort, but I got things apart. I didn't think of it at the time, but I bet rewetting the stuck part may have helped get them apart.

My neoprene case no longer has clear vinyl.

The spray solution is highly overrated, IMHO. Put a drop of dishwashing liquid in a cup of lukewarm water, wet thoroughly, and you should be fine. Shield zone used to ship their invisible shields without the spray, and told users to use this method. There was no where near enough spray to get the shield on my Treo (I got the full body case). I never even used the spray. Just went straight to the soapy water method.

How difficult is it to remove and reapply,

I wouldn't say it is easy, but it is very do-able. Both times I removed it I was not concerned with reapplying it. The things I noticed was that the backside is sticky and will take finger prints pretty easily, so make sure you got clean hands. Also, you have to pull fairly hard to get it off which will distort it a little but it will regain its shape... you may have to let it rest a few minutes before reapplying. Have the solution described above by Sputnik 57 handy and use it liberally for both removing and reapplying.

I was always worried about scratching the large screen on my eXplorist XL. I tried cheap PDA protective sheets but they weren't very clear and eventually peeled off. When I came across the invisible SHIELD from ShieldZone, I thought I'd try it. Great product. Easy to install and fits perfect.

Although I've only slightly marked the shield surface on a couple of occassions, the marks have disappeared. For the minor stuff, it seems to have "self-healing" capabilities. Today ( 3 months later) it looks as good as the day I put it on. The $11.00 (plus shipping) wasn't much for the peace of mind it brings.

Edited by Argus2

Love the product and the company. I got one for my PSP that had some weird lines on it, and they replaced it no questions asked. Worth every penny. If you carry your GPSr in your pocket with keys or something and you'll end up hating yourself if you don't have a shield.

Good advice about the dish soap, I also had better luck with that then with the spray. Just make sure there is NOTHING on the screen when you apply it, no dust, prints, etc. or you'll be looking at them for life. :blink:

My 2 cents

My first GPSr was a GPSMAP 76CS. I put an InvisibleSHIELD on it. Shortly after that I put a HUGE scratch down the middle of the screen. The shield was toast but my screen was fine. I've got one on my newer 76CSx and I even have one on my watch. This thing is wonderful and I've been recommending it to folks since late 2005. At one point they contacted me regarding a post I had made in these forums and asked permission to use it on their web site as an "unsolicited testimonial". It's not there any more but it was on their site for quite a while. I simply can't say enough good things about this item. It not only saved my first unit from that horrible scratch that would have ruined the screen, it also protected my newer unit when I cleverly managed to fling it face down against the road and some gravel.

I have one on my 60Csx; also protectors on a Nikon D70 and D200 (top and rear screens), and D2X (both rear screens and top screen). From experiences with the cameras, hiking through places like Fiery Furnace (Arches NP), the Maze (Canyonlands), where clearances between the canyons is less than 1 foot, and the camera slides on the rock, the shields never allow a scratch to go through to the camera screen. I have replaced two rear screens, but if not for the shields, I would have replaced two rear LCS panels at a cost of well over $100 each.

All are pre-cut, and install in minutes. I have used a small pair of tweezers to hold one side while fitting to the item. This prevents any fingerprints from showing through after install.