Legend + CitNav/Topo = ?

Slainte

I know my little blue Legend has limited (8mb) of memory, but I'd like to load it with bits of the more detailed maps I purchased for my Legend csx. The process is very straight-forward, but when I get to the final tap, the screen announces that I am about to erase existing data, and am I quite sure I want to do this? What, exactly, am I about to do, and do I want to do it?

I know my little blue Legend has limited (8mb) of memory, but I'd like to load it with bits of the more detailed maps I purchased for my Legend csx. The process is very straight-forward, but when I get to the final tap, the screen announces that I am about to erase existing data, and am I quite sure I want to do this? What, exactly, am I about to do, and do I want to do it?

You don't "add" map data, you "replace" it. When you upload map data, it replaces any existing map data (except the base map, which is permanent). It's telling you that it's about to erase the existing map data, prior to the upload.

According to the Garmin website, City Navigator isn't listed among the map products that the basic Legend can use. I image once you try that last step, it will stop with a warning that the map data is incompatible.

According to the Garmin website, City Navigator isn't listed among the map products that the basic Legend can use. I image once you try that last step, it will stop with a warning that the map data is incompatible.

I bet that is more because the 8 megs isn't enough to be useful with CN and they don't want people buying CN to run on the Legend. I'm pretty sure it will run on there but good luck finding a map segment that will fit.

Edited by briansnat

I bet that is more because the 8 megs isn't enough to be useful with CN and they don't want people buying CN to run on the Legend. I'm pretty sure it will run on there but good luck finding a map segment that will fit.

You should be able to get 2 or 3 segments, if you turn off the routing data. That could be useful for finding locations around town, but not much more.