Original Stash: 7 Year Anniversary Geocoin

Redwing_dave

I was hoping to see a new coin here, not a remake of the orignal coin in a different metal. I have one of the V1's so I'll pass on the V3's.

(S)he's got a point--maybe a new original stach coin would be good.

Team 360 posted last July that there would not be a version 3. I wasn't fond of the original design and don't see why there can't be a completely different coin. Apparently, there will be a coin every year of the same design according to the original post.

I was hoping to see a new coin here, not a remake of the orignal coin in a different metal. I have one of the V1's so I'll pass on the V3's.

Great points. I knew this would get some mixed reviews. Upon initiating this 7th anniversary project, we looked at the details of the coin, and discussed ways to change it, but there really wasn't anything about it that we wanted to change. I mean, really, how do you make something more fitting for the anniversary, than the Original Stash Plaque. I'm afraid anything different would be a let down. So, instead we opted for a special anniversary Icon and metal instead. We do have other "Top Secret" Original Stash projects in the works right now that will involve different coins, but my lips are sealed until we're ready to announce those projects.

Also, someone asked if we planned to issue one of these each year. In answer to that question, regarding the Anniversary Editions, I have not discussed that with the others involved with this project, so I don't have a firm answer, but right now, my gut says it won't be a yearly thing. Only time will tell. Our intentions currently are to make the Standard edition OS coin available to new comers, so that just because someone discovers Geocaching/Geocoins in 2008 doesn't mean they can only get an OS coin, commemorating the humble beginnings of our sport, by selling their first born. Once again, we have not made a firm decision on if/when we will permanently discontinue minting of Standard Edition OS coins.

Thanks for your comments.

Edited by Redwing_dave

I would be intersted in 2-3 of each metal. Three if we can get them before 4/28/07, two if they are only available after. (I am helping plan a geocoin silent auction to benefit the Humane Society of Central Oregon, which will take place at the shelter on 4/28/07, so I would donate the extras to the shelter.)

Goudacat

www.goudacat.com

Team 360 posted last July that there would not be a version 3. I wasn't fond of the original design and don't see why there can't be a completely different coin. Apparently, there will be a coin every year of the same design according to the original post.

Sorry to hear that you're not fond of the design. :P I am glad to hear from the forum replies that you're in the minority. :o I wasn't aware of the post by Team360 in July or any decision to limit the number of coin versions released. Trusting that he did say that, it was without my knowledge, and upon further discussion with Team360 we decided that we wanted to go forward with this project. So far the forum responses seem to echo support for the idea. Sorry if you personally feel that we misrepresented ourselves by having another version of the coin, that was not our intention. Since you didn't like the coin in the first place, quite frankly I'm not sure why you care whether we issue another edition or not, but thanks for your opinion anyway. By all means if you don't like the design, feel free to not purchase any.

I don't recall ever saying that another coin of the same design would be minted each year in my original post. For more info on different designs and plans for future editions, check out my previous post in this thread.

Thanks for your input,

Dave

Edited by Redwing_dave

I think I'm going to pass this time around. I like my original version, but a new metal doesn't excite me enough to get another one. A new design would be another thing, but I'm likely in the minority here.

(go Sharks!.....c'mon, you knew that was coming!)

I'll take one of each, and a Flying Spaghetti Monster Tee Shirt in XL please.:o

Oh, oh, can I get a Flying Spaghetti Monster Tee Shirt, too? Size Large would be nice! :P

What are you willing to trade for my slightly used FSM T-Shirt, size large?

On topic, I would take one of each.