Original Stash: 7 Year Anniversary Geocoin

Redwing_dave

On May 3rd, 2007 we celebrate 7 years of Geocaching! :blink:

To help commemorate this event, Team360 and myself are releasing a Special Edition 7th Anniversary Original Stash Geocoin. Why a 7th anniversary question, you ask? Because 7 is a very special number: the 4th prime number, 7 days in a week (which gives us 7 days to cache :blink: ), 7-year itch, 7 years of bad luck, 7 dwarves, 7 wonders of the world, 7 deadly sins, 7 habits of highly effective cachers, etc. Also, I've heard that if you ask a person what number comes to mind immediately when they hear the word carrot, the majority of people will respond "seven" (I've never been able to verify this one, so maybe you all can help me out by testing it on your loved ones). To find out more cool facts about the number 7, click here. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, THIS GREAT SPORT HAS NOT ONLY LASTED 7 YEARS, BUT IT CONTINUES TO GROW AND SPREAD AROUND THE GLOBE. THIS IS A PERFECT CHANCE TO LOOK BACK AT THE ROOTS OF GEOCACHING!

If you are familiar with anniversary gift giving guidelines you know that we had two options for this coin, WOOL or COPPER. Although a wool coin would definitely be interesting, we decided to go with Copper. The coin will be the same as the regular version 2 (with the registered trademark symbol) Original Stash Geocoins, except they will be Antique Copper, rather than Antique Bronze. They will be trackable with the OS prefix, but will have a special 7th anniversary icon (Icon yet to be unveiled). Only 750 of these coins will ever be made. Regardless of how much you beg or plead, once the 750 are gone, they're gone for good, and no other copper Original Stash coins will ever be released again. The only exception is that Team360 and myself may make a limited run (i.e. 50 coins) of POLISHED COPPER Designer's edition coins for the 7th anniversary run. Designer's edition coins will not be available for sale with the standard anniversary coins, they'll only be available from Team360 or myself (please no trade requests yet, we haven't even verified that we'll be making the polished copper coins yet). All coins will come with a commemorative Copper Original Stash Pin. We are planning to sell the coins/pins in time to allow delivery before May 03, 2007. We do not yet have a "for sale date." Although we'd love for you to express your interest in this forum thread, this is not a presale or reserve thread. Please watch the geocoin forums for the SALE DATE announcement.

Team360 and myself have also had several requests to mint additional REGULAR EDITION ORIGINAL STASH geocoins. When we first announced the Original Stash Geocoins, we specified that additional coins may be minted according to demand. Our thought at the time was that with the timeless nature of this coin, and the significance of the Original Stash, we would like anyone who wants an Original Stash coin to have a reasonable shot at getting one (not unlike Crake's policy). You can view the original thread HERE if you have any questions about the original minting. That being said, we would like to hear from YOU, regarding whether you're ready for another run of Original Stash coins, and if so, how many you'd be interested in (once again, not a reservation list, just helps us have an idea of whether to proceed). These coins would also be the regular edition version 2 coins (the ones with the registered trademark symbol which was accidentally left off of version 1) with the standard icon. For your reference there were 1000 version 1 coins made (never to be made again, since we accidentally left off the registered trademark symbol), 250 version 2 coins (same as v.1 but had the trademark symbol), and 20 Designer's edition version 2 coins (unpainted antique bronze, otherwise identical to version 2).

If you have no idea what an original stash coin looks like, here's a graphic. Remember, the anniversary coins will be COPPER, instead of bronze, and will have a different Icon:

Originalstashforforumsrevised.jpg

When posting wants, please let us know whether you are interested in the Standard Edition, Anniversary Edition, or Both. Thanks.

Thanks for looking. We hope you enjoy the Anniversary Edition Coins.

Best Regards,

Redwing_Dave & Team360

Edited by Redwing_dave

We're interested! Plan on visiting the original stash tribute plaque next month!

Thanks BRoKeN W!

Please state whether you're interested in the Anniversary edition or the Standard edition or Both, so that we have an idea of totals. This applies to everyone, not just BRoKeN W.

Thanks, and keep smilin' and cachin'

(edited for spelling and bolding)

Edited by Redwing_dave

WHOOOO HOOOOO! Now we're talkin'! Holding that cool copper coin in my hand is gonna be magic...like holding a handful of dripping beans from the OCB. The stuff of legends!

And how about the amazing significance of seven? Holy cow, the coincidences! I just received seven geocoins in the mail today, had seven calls from telemarketers, and I have only seven sessions remaining with my psychologist! :blink:

Thank you Redwing_dave and Team 360 for this Magnificent (Seven) opportunity! :blink:

Edited to add: And the coincidences keep on happening! I just counted seven cases in which RWD used bad grammar or poor punctuation in his original post...AND, if you add the numbers together in Team "360", (you get 9) then subtract how many caching teams are involved in the project (minus 2), you get...SEVEN!!! Dude, it's frickin' magic.

Edited by YemonYime

We're interested! Plan on visiting the original stash tribute plaque next month!

Thanks BRoKeN W!

Please state whether you're interested in the Anniversary edition or the Standard edition or Both, so that we have an idea of totals. This applies to everyone, not just BRoKeN W.

We're interested in both editions! :blink:

WHOOOO HOOOOO! Now we're talkin'! Holding that cool copper coin in my hand is gonna be magic...like holding a handful of dripping beans from the OCB. The stuff of legends!

And how about the amazing significance of seven? Holy cow, the coincidences! I just received seven geocoins in the mail today, had seven calls from telemarketers, and I have only seven sessions remaining with my psychologist! :blink:

Thank you Redwing_dave and Team 360 for this Magnificent (Seven) opportunity! :blink:

Edited to add: And the coincidences keep on happening! I just counted seven cases in which RWD used bad grammar or poor punctuation in his original post...AND, if you add the numbers together in Team "360", (you get 9) then subtract how many caching teams are involved in the project (minus 2), you get...SEVEN!!! Dude, it's frickin' magic.

R U gust goyn 2 mayk phun uv my gramar and punktuushun, or dew u want two mayk phun uv my spelyng two??? :blink:

Edited by Redwing_dave
When posting wants, please let us know whether you are interested in the Standard Edition, Anniversary Edition, or Both. Thanks.

I'm interested in a couple of the antique copper Anniversary Editions ... :blink:

... and one polished copper Designer's edition (should you choose to make one). :blink:

Well she's gonna kill me, but put me on for a couple! I'm sucker for the "7"s :blink: I have A.E.s for A.E.s if you do make those uber shiny ones. :blink:

I'm interested in a coupler anniversary editions, and possible a few regular if the price is right. What are we talking - $5 -10?; $10 - $15?; $15-20?; If you have to ask, you can't afford it?

Edited by brdad

***Put me down for both as well*** I just loved this one and it took me awhile to get one.

I just moved a Original stash coin from Geocoinfest to about 600 miles closer to the O.G. stash (its final Desination)- I would love the Anniversary...maybe 2 (1 of course for a trade)