Isle of Man "Dragon Cross" Geocoin

Happy Humphrey

Got my coins this morning - they are stunning.

Thanks

Sue

Many thanks to all for the kind comments.

The USA / ROW despatching should be under way now. Obviously, it's going to be a little while before they start arriving at the more far-flung outposts (such as the U.S. :laughing: ).

Note to those who've received their coins today: if you're trying to get the activation code using the coin's web page: sorry, but I won't get chance to update it for a few hours and until then it won't work... :)

Note to those who haven't paid yet: I'll send you a reminder e-mail next week: not to hurry you, but just to make sure you know that I haven't received your payment (in case you thought you'd sent it).

HH

Got my coins this morning - they are stunning.

Thanks

Sue

Many thanks to all for the kind comments.

The USA / ROW despatching should be under way now. Obviously, it's going to be a little while before they start arriving at the more far-flung outposts (such as the U.S. ;) ).

Note to those who've received their coins today: if you're trying to get the activation code using the coin's web page: sorry, but I won't get chance to update it for a few hours and until then it won't work... :rolleyes:

Note to those who haven't paid yet: I'll send you a reminder e-mail next week: not to hurry you, but just to make sure you know that I haven't received your payment (in case you thought you'd sent it).

HH

If there's a waiting list or something similar, I'd like to be on it.

Aww man. I'm so angry I missed this one. My family on one side is from the Isle of Man, and we still have relatives there. Any chance there's an extra coin? Anyone have one extra they're willing to sell? I don't buy more than one coin usually, so I don't have any to trade. PM anyone if you can help me out!

-Hybridgeek

Got one off of ebay tonight, incoming from the UK. Ended up paying about $23.00 CDN for it, but WELL worth it. It took me a very long time to track down the 2006 coin. For anyone looking, I recommend trying to get one soon...These will be put away in collections soon enough!

Thanks for making a great coin!

FX.

Edited by Filter X

I sent a payment to the email address provided on the webpage did you happen to get my payment? Didn't get any type of confirmation.

tsunrisebey/Stephanie

Helena, Montana

Thanks

Yes payment was received (thanks), and your coins were sent out.

Generally: to anyone who received an order number by e-mail (which is your confirmation), and paid by PayPal, you should have coins arriving in the next few days.

As the coins were sent out quickly, I didn't e-mail a separate despatch confirmation - basically, they were despatched as soon as paid (give or take a day).

HH

Edited by Happy Humphrey

Thanks for all the great feedback.

If anyone is wondering why they haven't received their coin(s) yet: if you've PayPal'd the money to me then you'll have to be patient - the coins should be on the way. I know that delivery could take up to a month (in the worst case) and we've sent out every coin that has been paid for.

If nothing arrives in the next week, first check PayPal and get the date of payment. Then get in touch with me: I'll double-check everything to make sure the order definitely got sent.

There are still a handful of unpaid orders. A couple of people seem to be uncontactable, even via their geocaching profile. I've sent reminders to the others: not because there's a big hurry but in case there's a misunderstanding.

HH

Thanks for all the excellent feedback: it really makes the work seem worthwhile.

To give you some idea of the status of this geocoin, there are a handful still in my possession but they are all staying with me for the time being. Perhaps in a couple of weeks a few could find their way to those at the top of the waiting list, but it won't be many.

However, I've never suggested that the 350 produced are going to be the only ones. As they seem to be very popular, I'm considering producing a few more. Probably a small number in the original gold, and perhaps a hundred or so in silver.

The latter will be a 100-only, limited edition run aimed at collectors (if it goes ahead).

This is only at the initial planning stage at the moment so please don't try and reserve any. No pleading e-mails! And no queries, please, this is all I can tell you about it. :)

I'm not planning to take pre-orders. The only reason that I'm giving advance notice is so that those collectors who are considering swaps or auction purchases don't feel that they've been misled into buying a rare item which turns out later to be not-so-rare. But don't be put off buying or trading entirely, as the second run may prove difficult to obtain as well.

I'll let you know in good time if and when any further coins become available.

HH

Just a "heads up" as none can be ordered just yet: I have another lot (definitely the final stock!) of 2007 Isle of Man Geocoins and will put them on sale later in the week (probably Friday). I'll give more definite details when I'm ready. I've actually had them for quite a while but have been too busy to contemplate attempting to sell them.

There are 150 gold coins available (the same type as the original issue) and 90 nickel silver (out of the total once-only, limited edition run of 100).

Please don't e-mail: I'll post again in a few more days with price, ordering details etc.

HH

I'm almost ready to go...to give everyone a fair chance, I've delayed it until tomorrow (Saturday 21st). I'll open sales at 18.00 UK time (GMT), which is 13.00 (1 p.m.) in the Eastern USA and 10.00 (a.m.) in the Pacific USA.

Silver Limited Edition coins will be $9.99 and the original gold $8.99. Postage and packing: add 20%.

I'll post here again when the start is imminent!

HH