Isle of Man "Dragon Cross" Geocoin

Happy Humphrey

Back-view-2-200.jpg

Front-view-200.jpg

This new coin is designed by Happy Humphrey, with help from Cari Buziak (of Aon Celtic Art). The inspiration was from the Dragon Cross, in the parish church of Kirk Michael (see MNH Photo and isle-of-man.com).

More at IOM Geocoin Web Page. Ordering details are there, also activation codes.

The coins are actually available now, but it will probably be a week or so before I start sending them out (I can't devote my whole time to geocaching activities, sadly). The web page allows you to register your order: check how many are left first (there are 320 in total). Orders are limited to a maximum of 10 per person, but if someone needs more (e.g. for a club) they can register for 10 and get in touch by e-mail. Below the ordering section is the button for obtaining activation codes.

The web site doesn't take payments, so this has to be done separately (by PayPal for US customers). After ordering, you should receive an e-mail with details of how to pay. If you don't get the e-mail, get in touch via my geocaching profile.

I hope you like it! :ph34r:

HH

Another Australian who'd love to get in on this for 2 coins please.

edit: order placed through the US form as available numbers are dropping, you can get back to me with the actual shipping please. Thanks!

Edited by fehrgo

As numbers are dropping fast, to those who are holding back because they are outside Europe and the U.S. - please order using the "US Orders" page. Postage and costs will be the same, and I believe that you can pay from your PayPal account in US Dollars even if that isn't your own currency.

If you've received an e-mail confirmation with an order number, your coins are reserved even if you haven't paid yet, so don't worry if you have to take some time setting up the payment. It will probably be a week before I start sending the coins out, so as long as you've paid by then you'll receive the coins at the same time as everyone else.

Thanks for all the interest! :anibad: The coins actually look better in the "flesh" than in the photos (it's difficult to get a really good shot of a geocoin), so I don't think that anyone is going to be disappointed with what they receive.

HH

Edited by Happy Humphrey

I too just saw the thread and immediately attempted to buy some (I'd like to get three), unfortunately they are all sold out. Bummer ... they went quick.

There was a second minting of the first Isle of Man geocoins; maybe there will be for this one too. hint hint

I'd surely like to get at least two.

Happy caching!

Tom

As numbers are dropping fast, to those who are holding back because they are outside Europe and the U.S. - please order using the "US Orders" page. Postage and costs will be the same, and I believe that you can pay from your PayPal account in US Dollars even if that isn't your own currency.

First there is no way for Aussies to order, and then an option is given to us in the middle of the night our time. :anibad:

By the time I saw this, it was too late . . . :anibad:

First there is no way for Aussies to order, and then an option is given to us in the middle of the night our time. :wacko:

By the time I saw this, it was too late . . . :blink:

You'll just have to trade for some then you grumpy possum :anibad:

So who's trading then?? I've got some lovely coins..... :anibad: Anyone?? Anyone??

I hope you like it! :D

HH

I guess that's a resounding YES. They sold out in 24 hours and I didn't even get a chance to order today since I was out chasing FTFs. Oh well. If anyone ordered too many please take pity and contact me about a trade or purchase. Thanks.

WOW! Can't believe they are sold out! Gonna have to look on ebay I guess - It's worth it for this coin!

FX.

FilterX, if you find two let me know. I would like to have one of these also. Maybe we can be added to the reserve list for those who don't pay up. :)