1st time - and with kids in Bastrop State Park, TX

txzookeepers

Next week my family & another will be camping in Bastrop State Park, outside of Austin. We are excited about hunting down our first ever cache. We will have four kids, two 5-year-olds, one 3-year-old and one under 1 (he will be carried). Does anyone have any major suggestions for us? I'm really most concerned about choosing which cache to look for, but keep in mind we really enjoy the outdoors and are up for a sweat, if necessary. If anyone knows the Bastrop caches I would love for a suggestion or two!!! Thank you soooo much. :ph34r:

Rats! The one "easy one" that I was going to recommend has been archived. Sorry... There are quite a few, but I've only found 1 in the park (and 1 stage of a multi). Bring lots of water. Be aware that some of the trails twist and wind *a lot*. So a GPS reading of 1000 or 500 feet can mean a mile if you follow the trail (instead of "as the crow flies"). Good Luck!