Editing your stat bar

Haffy

I had someone ask me how do you edit your stat bar and I can't for the life of me remember how I did mine as it was quite some time ago. Is there a toturial out there to find out how to do it? And also while I am at it is there a better way to get results from using the search box? I tried to do a search for the previous question and got no where. Thanks

Edited by haffy

Try here to edit your stat bar.

As far as the searches go, I use Google, and limit the google search to this site. For your original question I might have tried something like "stat bar" site:forums.Groundspeak.com.

Hi,

I've tried a bunch of times to post my stat bar using the code provided and it doesnt work. Even a simple site like myspace won't take it. I tried to write to support and they refused to help, stating that they don't support it. If the stat bar is available on geocaching.com, and they provide code, why can't they support it?

Does anyone else know of a code glitch that I might be able to correct myself?

Thanks so much!

Diana

Even a simple site like myspace won't take it.

MySpace doesn't support dynamic images. But you can use this stats bar redirector to put your Stat Bar on MySpace.

I need to update the instructions on that page a little. The "GUID" that it wants is the 32-character alphanumeric code associated with your account. It's in the statbar code you get from Groundspeak, or if you click on your own profile page, its all that stuff at the end of the URL.

If the stat bar is available on geocaching.com, and they provide code, why can't they support it?

Much of what happens on the Internet is a war of escalation between people who come up with a cool idea for doing stuff on the basis that it's free for everyone else, and those who try to prevent it being done because they don't perceive it as being free for them, especially when lots of people do it.

In this example, geocaching.com provides a dynamic image, which is a cool way to show your stats bar, and MySpace prevents dynamic images, because they can be used to do nasty stuff.

I don't think that suddenly makes it incumbent on geocaching.com to upgrade their service so that their dynamic images work when called from any server. If LilDevil is prepared to do it, that's a cool service to the community.

However, going back to the nasty stuff that MySpace wants to keep out: suppose somebody uses the same technique as LilDevil to host the dynamic images that MySpace doesn't want. In that case, MySpace's programmers might work out a way to detect this form of clever thing (which LilDevil is using, and now the "bad guys"). That doesn't make it incumbent on LilDevil to come up with another way of hosting your image as a static. But maybe a third community member will come along with another intermediate stage. At which point... well, you get the idea.

The bottom line is that there will always be a level of integration where you want to go but to which your current service provider doesn't want to dedicate their scarce resources. That's what makes the Internet great, but also frustrating.

MySpace doesn't support dynamic images. But you can use this stats bar redirector to put your Stat Bar on MySpace.

I need to update the instructions on that page a little. The "GUID" that it wants is the 32-character alphanumeric code associated with your account. It's in the statbar code you get from Groundspeak, or if you click on your own profile page, its all that stuff at the end of the URL.

:unsure::P:) This web site should be made a STICKY!!

globally there are a lot of folks on myspace regardless of what most people think it's not only full of Peds & cheats, there are some of us who are... well... normal... :rolleyes: whatever that is :D

peace out!

http://www.myspace.com/orange655321

It worked, thank you so much!! Shame that the 'support team' couldn't help with that.

Thanks again!!

Diana

That's one expectation that's unrealistic. As an IT manager, if I was to support every little thing outside the company's perview, I wouldn't get my job done.

The point is, it isn't gc.com's responsibility to make sure there is a variation of code to work on every web space.

It's too bad you had to backhand them in this manner without taking that into consideration.

Lil Devil, you are da man!!!!

Our geocaching forum host will not allow aspx files, but your redirect works GREAT!!!