Need Legend CX advice

I recently upgraded from the Legend to the Legend CX. Love this new GPSr! I have a couple of questions that you experience folks might help me with.

1 - What would you consider to be the best city and boonie maps in the Garmin arsenal? And should I buy the CDs or the MicroSD versions? Budget worries apply.

2 - Is there a maximum USEFUL limit on the capacity of the microSD the unit uses? I know there's 2GB chips out there at a reasonable price, but is there wasted space at that size when a smaller (512MB) might economize the capacity more efficiently?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Star-geezer

I recently upgraded from the Legend to the Legend CX. Love this new GPSr! I have a couple of questions that you experience folks might help me with.

1 - What would you consider to be the best city and boonie maps in the Garmin arsenal? And should I buy the CDs or the MicroSD versions? Budget worries apply.

2 - Is there a maximum USEFUL limit on the capacity of the microSD the unit uses? I know there's 2GB chips out there at a reasonable price, but is there wasted space at that size when a smaller (512MB) might economize the capacity more efficiently?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Star-geezer

I can only speak from uk experience but the UK Topo CD is far far better value than buying MicroSD versions - they are expensive for each area and more hassle changing cards. I have just bought a cheap 2GB micosd (SanDisc) and am as I write this transferring the whole of England, Scotland and Wales onto the card with a size of about 1.6GB. I know we're just a small island but thats a lot of area on one card and leaves plenty of room for poi data etc. I'd go for the 2Gb given how cheap they are now (on ebay at least)

Cheers