eXplorist 210 NEWBIE... Firmware Q

Hello, all... I am a brand-new, still-in-the-box, never been opened newbie to the whole GPS and GeoCaching thing, but would LOVE to get started. I have purchased an eXplorist 210 with the MapSend Topo 3D software, and loaded all information onto my computer. However, here is where I get stuck (hence the newbie portion... lol) When I start the MapSend software, it lists several Meridian and SporTrak models with version 5.34, and asks if my unit is at or above these specifications. Upon looking at my unit (in the About header), I learn my unit has ver. 3.1.75 loaded. No firmware CD was packaged with the unit, and upon searching the Magellan site, it lists no firmware updates for the 210 that I can find. My questions are these: 1. Is my unit "behind the times" and in need of a firmware update? 2. If so, how do I go about finding the right one?

I would love to start trying to GeoCache soon, but am afraid to "ruin" my unit before I get started! Any and all help greatly appreciated!

i had the same problem its not your gps thats behind its ,magellans software thats behind. so heres what you do, select the region hit send to gps it will ask if you want to store it on hard drive, hit yes. once saved right click on start and hit search. search through your computer for whaterver you named the region and you should find the program next copy and paste the program into your gps under detailed maps. if you cant acess the map go to mapsent manager and try to work with it there.

if you need more help drop me a PM