1st FTF!

Congrats!

I started in September, no FTF yet but I've tried for a couple. The first one I couldn't find, then another cacher came along, was FTF and then I found it and we found the second stage together :ph34r:

I tried another one about a month ago - but it's an urban micro in a really uncomfortable place - I found where it is but not the cache itself. Somebody else was FTF a couple of days later, and I don't think anybody else has been brazen enough to try it since.

I work long hours - usually when a new one appears somewhere close to me, I can't get away to go get it!

It's an addiction....

Jenn

I've been searching since July 2006 and I finally got my 1st FTF! GC115HE

I've been wondering how long it would take.... :anibad:

Congrats,

Welcome to a new addiction. I remember my 1st FTF. With gas approaching $3.00 per gallon, I don't chase after many FTFs. I just can't justify driving 30 miles round trip to find a log only micro first. Yesterday, I hiked 7 miles with an average elevation of 5000 ASL to score FTF!

Congrats!

I started in September, no FTF yet but I've tried for a couple. The first one I couldn't find, then another cacher came along, was FTF and then I found it and we found the second stage together :anibad:

I tried another one about a month ago - but it's an urban micro in a really uncomfortable place - I found where it is but not the cache itself. Somebody else was FTF a couple of days later, and I don't think anybody else has been brazen enough to try it since.

I work long hours - usually when a new one appears somewhere close to me, I can't get away to go get it!

It's an addiction....

Jenn

As time goes on, I'll get more brazen, but for now, if it looks like I might get caught, I pass on it and make a note to try later.

I've been searching since July 2006 and I finally got my 1st FTF! GC115HE

I've been wondering how long it would take.... :anibad:

Congrats,

Welcome to a new addiction. I remember my 1st FTF. With gas approaching $3.00 per gallon, I don't chase after many FTFs. I just can't justify driving 30 miles round trip to find a log only micro first. Yesterday, I hiked 7 miles with an average elevation of 5000 ASL to score FTF!

I hear ya!!

Only $3 a gallon? Stop whining. Try living in England - it's $8 a gallon here and that's mostly tax! :blink:

Only $3 a gallon? Stop whining. Try living in England - it's $8 a gallon here and that's mostly tax! :o

:P No kiddin!! I've got a few friends living there. They were telling me about last summer when they were out here working at the camp I work at.

I found my very first cache at a GPAA (Gold Prospectors Association of America) group digging event in May of 2002 at Zortman MT. :P One of the people working the event also hid a number of caches. They gave the coords and made a contest of whoever found all four caches first would win a prize. My daughter (then 12) and I found all the caches first... actually we were the only ones searching. :P

A year later, because of a cache popping up near where I live, I finally became a member of geocaching.com and logged all the finds. First four caches all FTFs. :P

After spending some time around an urban area though I finally realized the thrill of the hunt competing against other cachers speeding toward that elusive FTF as soon as the cache appears online. B) One thing about the FTF is there is a good chance of being the FTNF if something is wrong with the coords. Been there too but after the fix by the owner, made the FTF anyway.

My favorite FTF was a 50 mile roundtrip 4-wheeler exposition up to the face of a glacier. The cache had been there 10 months before anyone (me) found it. The mama moose and her calf guarding the cache site almost took the fun away though. :lol:

Happy FTFing

Get a load of the nonsense going on with this cache.

To spread the FTFs around a little, the FTF on this cache can only be logged by someone with less than 100 FTFs.

:P:PB)

I think we messed the dude up, Crim.

I think I should publicly apologize for posting the "second first to dnf" log. In hindsight, it was nothing more than meddling in something that is none of my business.

I have always been a rowdy, but really, discussion of what IS a FTF (and consequently the definition of "is" :lol: ) is a proper forum topic, but I think I crossed the line in posting it to a cache page- even an archived one- that is not the proper venue.

Sorry

[Only $3 a gallon? Stop whining. Try living in England - it's $8 a gallon here and that's mostly tax! :P

Actually, it's mostly tax here, too. About $2.80 per gallon, from what I hear.

Quick edit: that includes the cost of government regulation, such as environmental laws and other fees (officially not considered taxes). Just wanted to be accurate.

Edited by nonaeroterraqueous