60CSx Vehicle Mounts

egami

I use the Garmin suction cup windshield mount. It seems to work just fine. I have the unit pretty much at eye level on the far left and it works ok.

I also have the RAM suction cup mount with the flex/gooseneck. The RAM cradle for the 60CSX holds very securely but is a bit difficult to get the unit in and out so I haven't used that one. (if you are interested I would be willing to sell it).

I use the Garmin suction cup windshield mount. It seems to work just fine. I have the unit pretty much at eye level on the far left and it works ok.

I also have the RAM suction cup mount with the flex/gooseneck. The RAM cradle for the 60CSX holds very securely but is a bit difficult to get the unit in and out so I haven't used that one. (if you are interested I would be willing to sell it).

A minute or two with a rat-tail file will fix that RAM cradle. You can make it as tight or loose as you like.

I use the aforementioned windshield mount in my truck, and a beanbag mount when I drive the work truck. The bean bag can slip and/or bounce off the dash if you hit a pothole or speedbump, but overall, it's easy and quick to move from vehicle to vehicle.

010-10306-00.jpg

I use the RAM suction cup mount formy 60CSx - the one with the aluminum post.

I agree that the clip is a bit hard to operate, but have not yet taken a file to it. I'll eventually get around to it.

Right now I'm sticking it on the lower front corner of the driver-side window, but of course that won't let me lower the window, so if the window needs to be used I'll probably move it to the center of the windshield.

The thing is ROCK SOLID. I've banged it a few times with my hand or elbow, and though it wiggles a little, it stays solidly in place.

Garmin holder + Proclip (www.proclipusa.com) makes the perfect combination for me...

I like where that Proclip would mount. I drive a Dodge RAM 1500 and have a contoured dash. I am not a big fan of suction mounts, but wouldn't rule it out...could you elaborate as to which Garmin holder you use?

Thanks everyone for the feedback...it's been extremely helpful.

I use a $3 cell phone swivel mount. Depending on your dash configuration it may be an inexpensive option.

Will post a photo as soon as the main website starts working again.

Please do if you can...or a link to a site with the product. I've had no luck finding one that fits my vents well.

I use a $3 cell phone swivel mount. Depending on your dash configuration it may be an inexpensive option.

Please do if you can...or a link to a site with the product. I've had no luck finding one that fits my vents well.

Here it is. Got the mount at Radio Shack:

c7288dc6-c7ae-4407-a3ed-b4eb5fe228e5.jpg

950850d6-9882-430e-bd6c-d923ff9c5f74.jpg

Thanks for the pic...you have a nice spot to locate that type of mount.

Here is a link from that proclipusa site above that shows what dashboard I am dealing with.

http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionpath=144...;p_leftorright=

Wish I knew which Garmin mount he is using with that...I could live with that setup.

Is yours held on with adhesive?

Edited by egami

This is what I use for my 60CSX in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I took the regular mount and using heavy duty velcro, put one piece on the bottom of the mount and the opposite piece on the inner portion of the dash as shown. I've been using it all year without any problems. The only minor problem is going over a big bounce which causes the mount to fall down a couple of clicks, even though it is "locked". I just lift it back in place and keep on Jeepin!

ea6654c2.jpg

ea6654d6.jpg

Here it is. Got the mount at Radio Shack:

{SNIP}

I'm assuming the back is too close to the dash to have a power cord plugged in?

I've been very happy with the RAM mount (suction cup) and RAM cradle. After about 6 mos. the arm on my 1st cradle cracked, so RAM sent me a new one last month. I used a circular file to reduce the size of the "nub" inside the circular clip and now the 60CSx slide in and out easily but is still held firmly. It takes doesn't take much filing to do this, so do frequent test-fits as you work.

FWIW, RAM said that it was ok for me to do that.

You can also buy an adapter to use a Garmin 60CSx cradle with a RAM mount.

GeoBC

I've been very happy with the RAM mount (suction cup) and RAM cradle. After about 6 mos. the arm on my 1st cradle cracked, so RAM sent me a new one last month. I used a circular file to reduce the size of the "nub" inside the circular clip and now the 60CSx slide in and out easily but is still held firmly. It takes doesn't take much filing to do this, so do frequent test-fits as you work.

FWIW, RAM said that it was ok for me to do that.

You can also buy an adapter to use a Garmin 60CSx cradle with a RAM mount.

GeoBC

There is a trick with the RAM mounts. There is a thumb-tab on the top of the loop. if you push it back, the mount will flex enough that the unit will easily slip out. It is a 2 handed operation, but it works, and I it is how they are designed to work.

There is a trick with the RAM mounts. There is a thumb-tab on the top of the loop. if you push it back, the mount will flex enough that the unit will easily slip out. It is a 2 handed operation, but it works, and I it is how they are designed to work.

Yep, I know that. But mine still cracked. It was never a problem for me to remove it. The problem was that it required so much bending back of the loops that the plastic fatigued.

By filing down that detent, it doesn't require as much bending to remove it, so hopefully the cradle will last longer.

GeoBC