Bee-Ware Geocoin - UPDATE

J10fly

I think it is cool to have some safety reminders in our caches... Sometimes we take this hobby/sport for granted and get to comfortable we won't get hurt. Your coin spreads a great message.

I heard on a podcast that a family was attacked by killer bees while geocaching. Although the family got out alright. the family pet's leash wrapped around the bicycle and the dog did not make it.

I can't imagine watching Maggie die like that. That's it then, no more leash for my dog when we're caching.

Edited by icetoad

Ok the samples have arrived! I'm down to the very tough decision of what metals to make it in! The coin came out looking great!!! The glowing eyes are just eary! My favorites for the metals so far are the Antique Bronze/Antique Silver/Antique Copper/Gold

Antique Bronze:

Bee-AntiqueBronze.jpg

Antique Silver:

Bee-AntiqueSilver.jpg

Antique Copper:

Bee-AntiqueCopper.jpg

Gold:

Bee-Gold.jpg

Nickel:

Bee-Nickel.jpg

Copper:

Bee-Copper.jpg

And the Glowing Eyes:

Bee-GlowEyes.jpg

Jayman11

I'm not taking reservations on these but if you are on my email list i will let you know when they are ready for sale. These will also be sold on geoswag like my previous designs. The antique finishes look great but I also am going to have one real limited version which i may do in the shiny gold. It looks really cool but i am undecided right now.

Jayman11

Photos (even though they still look real good) just don't do coins the justice they usually deserve in the end. They look awesome and I imagine will be even better in real life. I think the copper might be the most aluring... which is odd as I usually go for antique metals :lostsignal:

I take it the glowing eyes are on the back only?

Photos (even though they still look real good) just don't do coins the justice they usually deserve in the end. They look awesome and I imagine will be even better in real life. I think the copper might be the most aluring... which is odd as I usually go for antique metals :lostsignal:

The shiny copper or the antique?

The glowing eyes are on the front (the 3d hive part) the glow just looks really cool peering out of that black hole! :)

Jayman11

Had my run in with them at GCTM9J posted pictures, we could even see the honeycomb :lostsignal:

I must have one of each of these:) email sent

Like the gold, ant. bronze and ant. copper the best, but put me down for one of each you have made.

they really came out great

Edited by Frozen Buns

The shiny copper or the antique?

The glowing eyes are on the front (the 3d hive part) the glow just looks really cool peering out of that black hole! :)

Jayman11

Actually the shiny copper

Metals have been chosen:

Regular Edition = Antique Copper

Limited Edition = Antique Bronze

Order is in so these should be available shortly!

Jayman11

:laughing: Other way round for regular and LE?

Yes, there was a last minute change to make the Copper the LE so there was only 150 of thost produced.

Jason