Bee-Ware Geocoin - UPDATE

J10fly

Ok so I was sticking my hand in a tree over the summer reaching in for a cache when low and behold...that's not the cache! After bugging me (hehe) for a quite a while I thought this coin might be a cute idea. Let me know what you think. I was thinking of the hive front being 3D with the hole recessed and the eyes just glaring at you! :)

Beehive-WebA.jpg

Jayman11

Now that is cute and has "everything" to do with geocaching.

I agree but think you should add something like "Bee -Ware that may not be a cache your putting your hand in!"

You hit it on the money, I've been brainstorming for that exact part. I could not get something to come out of my head not sounding cheesy. For example: BEE-Ware You're Caching In Dangerous Territory

Something to that effect.

Jayman11

Great idea and design! Out caching one day, I reached up under some bleachers... I know, bad idea. After getting stung over a dozen times, I retreated to our truck to make use of the bee-sting stuff I carry. Oh, and the "dear husband"???? he kept right on looking for the cache, found it, brought it to me to sign the log! Now that's a great caching companion!

Oh, and I'd "need" a couple of these :)

I read this post, and all I could think about was this:

1822561_300.jpg

Now that is "extreme" caching...

I recognize him!!!!! he's on hazards of caching coin!!!! Its one of my favs! (sorry it really happened didn't know it was a true picture)

CA

LOL! So that's where I've seen him before!!! (looks very painful!)

1822561_300.jpg

I recognize him!!!!! he's on hazards of caching coin!!!! Its one of my favs! (sorry it really happened didn't know it was a true picture)

CA

All the Hazards of Caching coins are true stories.

And he IS the other guy!

Edited by Shop99er

1822561_300.jpg

CA

Any idea who made that coin?

1822561_300.jpg

CA

Any idea who made that coin?

Shop99er did it through Coins&Pins....they are now working on #3 (PassingWind's story).............

GOJAY-BEE :anibad: Holy cow man- Ill bet you got pampered that night. That look will be burned into my head forever...thanks for sharing this, it makes me very greatfull I am not allergic to bees. Ill bet you were miserable!...I cant help but feel sorry.

As for the coin - Awesome!...Im sure everyone can relate to this coin, whether it was during caching or not. I would definatley be in!

Edited because I dont think you should change a thing- it would be cool with glowing eyes or the eyes and wings

Edited by 007BigD

1822561_300.jpg

The above picture looks remotly familar to this nice feller I ran into while playing poker at the geopoker 2007 in Cali.

gojaybee1.jpg

Go is that really you? Wow pour thang.

Oh I almost forgot about the coin...kinda cute.

Pepper

I can relate to this coin! I got stung by something while reaching into a tree to find a place to hide a cache. I think that both myself and my dog got stung! There wasn't a huge swarm or anything and I only got stung once (arm swelled up rather nicely...) but something definatly drove us away from that tree - at a run!

I'd buy a couple of these.

CF30

Nice Design, Jayman!

What kind of enamel will you use? I love hard enamel lately, but this would be great with a

Soft enamel, I think... to give the honeycomb a lot of texture.

Whatever you decide, it's certain to come out Great! :anibad:

Thanks! After receiving my samples of my Mail Jeep coins I have a better understanding now of the enamels and such.....I was thinking 3D front with the soft enamel hole, the back soft enamel so it gives the honeycomb some depth.

Jayman11

Anyone that is intersted in this or any of my other coins their are soon to be released, please shoot me and email (jay.man11@verizon.net) so that I have your email and can let you know when they are just about ready to be listed for sale and for some of my upcoming creations and chances to be able to get XLE/Artist versions that will be very limited (mostly to 20)!

Jayman11

Edited by jho135

Mint work is in the works right now. Will post it as soon as it gets back to me!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments from everyone! Dont forget if you are not on my email list already, shoot me an email to get on there for updates on future coins I am designing and special auctions! (jay.man11@verizon.net)

Jayman11

I have some honeybee experience and more wasp experience. Our last caching encounter with the yellow jackets had a 13 year old and a ten year old running around in circles screaming about how bad it hurt. When the two boys finally came back to the car for a little medication, they were laughing about screaming like a girl. I missed the angry little pests somehow. I need a couple of these, actually three, one for me and one for each of the girls... Glen

I think it is cool to have some safety reminders in our caches... Sometimes we take this hobby/sport for granted and get to comfortable we won't get hurt. Your coin spreads a great message.

I heard on a podcast that a family was attacked by killer bees while geocaching. Although the family got out alright. the family pet's leash wrapped around the bicycle and the dog did not make it.