Please, help me make it stop

Hello everybody.

We just started geocaching recently and we're having fun. I have an issue with my GPSr, however, and it's absolutely killing me.

I recently loaded CN version 8 NT onto my 60CSx. We've used it to find caches, find a restaurant and every thing is great except for one little thing:

About every five minutes or so my GPSr beeps and a red box pops onto the screen warning me about a "4mph speed alert ahead". I can't make it stop.

I've spent several hours reading manuals, googling and searching forums. No luck. I can't make it stop.

I've been through every menu I can find on the 60CSx. Nothing I do will keep this little red box from popping up on my GPSr screen. Please, tell me what I can do to make it stop. It's driving me completely nuts.

thanks

Hello everybody.

We just started geocaching recently and we're having fun. I have an issue with my GPSr, however, and it's absolutely killing me.

I recently loaded CN version 8 NT onto my 60CSx. We've used it to find caches, find a restaurant and every thing is great except for one little thing:

About every five minutes or so my GPSr beeps and a red box pops onto the screen warning me about a "4mph speed alert ahead". I can't make it stop.

I've spent several hours reading manuals, googling and searching forums. No luck. I can't make it stop.

I've been through every menu I can find on the 60CSx. Nothing I do will keep this little red box from popping up on my GPSr screen. Please, tell me what I can do to make it stop. It's driving me completely nuts.

thanks

What I think you're seeing is a an alert that is part of your poi's. The alert is set to go off at 4mph. Did you load any custom poi's on your gps? If you did then you have to tell poi loader to not set speed or proximity alerts. If you get stuck call Garmin tech support they are very good.

Good Luck,

Ray

Edited by raybonz

Sounds like you loaded a speedzone POI onto the card.

Blow away the POI file on the microsd card in \Garmin\Poi and see if that helps.

Hello everybody.

thanks

Go to system setup and disable proximity alert and see if that fixes it.

Ray

Hello everybody.

Thanks a ton for the super fast responses. Turning off the proximity alert seems to have worked, though I suspect there's some sort of POI setting somewhere that I'll need to address at some point. I'm still getting a grip on this whole POI thing. I keep chipping away at it.

thanks again. I appreciate your help. My GPSr doesn't drive me nuts anymore.