looking for a place to cache in may

Kayak Kouple

You may want to try Winnemucca. I believe it's the closest town near the northern NV border which would have a good selection of accommodations. Since it's known for the big rodeos, I'm sure you'll be able to locate a decent hotel through the internet. You may want to check the town's local calendar to make sure they aren't booked for some big event. Although Winnemucca isn't a very large town, I did a search (zip codes 89445 & 89446) on caches and there seems to be quite a few. BTW, if this is your first time caching in the desert, be sure to take plenty of supplies. It's extremely important to take a lot of drinking water because the air is so dry (even in winter!). Also, it can be hot during the daytime but as soon as the sun sets, it can quickly become very cold. Since most if NV is very desolate, cell phones don't often work. I hope you enjoy your visit in NV & have fun in Oregon & Idaho!

You may find yourself wanting to come back for a longer stay!! If you travel US 50 (The lonliest Hwy in America) you will find a lot of caches & a lot of history. NN has quite a few ghost towns, cemetaries, a RailRoad, mines, etc.. There is a US Hwy 50 Route (from AZ to ID), also a US Hwy 6, both by Longwalker. Look up Cache "Ghost Train of Old Ely" both routes are bookmarked here.

There is a Ghost town Atlas available (Published by Cy Johnson & Son, Susanville, CA) for CA & NV that points out places of interest & has hand-drawn maps of both states. A very helpful book, I've used it for years on my various adventures! Maybe there are some for OR & ID, also

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/citytown.jsp is the address I use to look up all of my zips, just plug in a town name & it will give you a zip for a cache search of where you will be going.

Looks like you have a great vacation planned have fun! [Am jealous :) ]