60CSx vs. 76CSx

I currently have an older GPSMap 76 that I am looking to put to the wayside in favor of a new color X series. I have seen the thread with the side by side pictures (thanks for the great shots) of the 60CSx and the 76CSx. I am wondering if there are any differences of the actual units "guts". One of my caching buddies has a 60CS that he loves. Since I am already know the 76 series functions, I am leaning toward the 76CSx. The best price I was able to find today was $329 at GPSonSale.com. Has anyone purchased from them; good/bad experience? Currently I use my GPS mostly for geocaching, but I also use it a little in the car, bicycle and when out hiking. Since I already have a bunch of the Garmin maps, it would be foolish to change to a different brand of GPS. Thanks for helping me decide which unit to purchase.

The user interface (menus, etc.) of 76CSx and the original B&W 76C aren't very similar. They do, however, share accessors you may have such as mounts and cases.

The only real difference between 76csx an 60csx that come to mind are form factor which contributes to the floating thing.

http://www.gpsfaqs.org/faqs/garmin/xseries...csx/models.html

I think the pre X models used a different basemaps, but I've not understood that to be true on the X twins.

I have a 76C and I just upgraded to a 76Cx. WOW does the new chip make a difference under the tree canopy here in the Pacific Northwest.

Anyway, before I bought the new toy, I tried a buddies 60Cx. I prefer the 76 for 2 reasons. We are around water quite abit and I love the Floatability of the 76 (haven't had to use it yet) and for me, I found that the button placement on the 60 almost makes it a 2 handed operation. You may get used to using the 60 with a thumb but it felt top heavy in one hand and like it was going to fall out of my hand. Every thing else as far functions etc where identical between the 60 and 76. You will be happy with either unit, I'm sure, but for me it's the 76Cx.