Where to buy City Navigator 8 NT North America

Hey all. I did a search for this but it just came up with all the questions/problems associated with CN 8 NT so I'm hoping to get some more info.

I know you can buy City Navigator from Garmin for about $135ish but is there another (online) retailer that is selling this software for cheaper than that? It seems a little harder to find CN software than GPSr's. My local retailers are gouging me for around $200ish. I found a site called provantage.com selling CN 8 NT for $102 but they're based in Ohio, so with sales tax and shipping it's around $125.

I figure you guys would be in the know....

I'm not interested in checking ebay either because I don't trust that the software I'll be getting isn't pirated or hasn't been used on other GPSr's.

From the research I've done I also assume I can use this software??? I have a Venture CX and pretty sure I can put it on the 1g micro sd I just ordered online right?

By the way... I know this has been mentioned somewhere else but that kingston 1 gb microsd I got for $0.97 after the google checkout option on meritline.com :P

Basemap just isn't cutting it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

~ksuaviator

Amazon.com has it for $109, and it qualifies for freee super-saver shipping.

I bought mine for the same price at Provantage, but I paid 8 bucks for shipping, and I didn't pay sales tax since I live in Texas.

I also have a Kingston 1gb micro SD. You can load the entire contiental US onto the 1gb micro SD. I left off Puerto Rico since I'm not likely to go there anytime soon.

My GPSr is the same as yours. It's a Venture CX. I already had the US Topo loaded onto another SD (as much as I could load), but the City Navigator NT 8 is what I am using most. The routing, tiurn by turn directions, the ability to find POIs like gas staions, restaurants, etc make it a joy to use.

Have fun!

Fred