Is it still around?

My first was Mud Cave Cookie Tin in the Anza Borrego Desert. It was placed in Feb 2001, 6 years ago and one of the first caches in California. I found it a month after it was placed in March 2001. That was 2 months before I signed up for my account. And, yes it is still active after all this time and still a popular cache. RM
That is a fun one and a very tight squeeze. This is Robyn of Team Reid crawling through the first part. I barely fit through that part! :P

d1ad5421-66b7-49c9-b47c-25df3aee7350.jpg

My first (CGMARD) DAR001 is still active, sorta. "This cache is temporarily unavailable." Once construction is finished in that area, it should go back to being an active cache. I hope.

-------

May 4, 2005 by Double Agents

My son (Jeremy) and I (Jerry) found this cache today. It was our first hunt with first GPS that arrived in mail about 2 hours earlier. (Garmin GPS-V) Nice easy find for newbies like us. Couldn't stop grinning at each other. Thanks for the fun nearby hide! Took the Russian ruble, left a plastic model-builder's c-clamp. We are hooked. (Dar: Please add a new log sheet. This one is full. Thanks!)

-------

My dad wrote our first log, but since then I've basically taken over all the logging and the username. Like most others have said, "We are hooked" is a bit of an understatement. Hope to atleast double my total finds this year, and place a couple of my own.

My first find was Message In A Bottle (GCHNP5). It was archived 6 months later, cuz it was muggled.

The really odd part is that my brother was the last finder.

Yeah, that was an interesting coinky-dink. For more in the 'trivia department', this was my first find in Washington and it kick-started our first cache run together.

My first find, a virtual, is still active. My first physical find (my 2nd overall) is now gone. Several months after it was archived I went back to see if it was still there since a geocoin was logged into it. The moldy, trashed container was still there, but no geocoin.

Yes it was found just a couple of weeks ago. GC106D Imperial Data Cache was placed 13 July 01. I found it on 10 August 01. Tried to find it on the day before but my Garmin 45 lost all reception as soon as I entered the forest. Went and bought a Magellan 330 and found it the next day. The owner has only found 2 caches and hasn't checked in Geocaching.com for over a year. I am amazed it is still there. Dick W7WT

My first was Mark Your Spot back when it was new. Unfortunately, it's now gone. After sitting through a couple of hurricanes and a few strong storms, it succumbed to the weather (possibly with muggle involvement).

Actually, my son and I happened to be the ones who found the remains, a little more than three years to the day after we first found it. Both times, we were using the facility as a staging area for our "Scouting for Food" effort.

It's still a great spot. Hmm.....

My first find is still active, last found about five months ago. It was about 750 km line of sight and 1500 road km from my home as there were no Geocaches in my local area at that time. I had been turned onto the activity for some time and been given my first GPSr by my daughter and often Geocaching partner Suzibub as a Christmas gift. On a visit to her home we went for our first hunt and still do a few together annually. Although we have logged well over 100 together she has only logged a dozen or two under her own account.

Oh yeah! It's still there. A nice little cache placed at the local tourism building that has been very active over the last few years. Not a blatent TB Hotel, but it does see a fair share of travelers and coins because of it's ease of access. Found it without a GPS (couldn't wait for christmas) and got me immediately hooked in the sport.

Our first cache find was actually a multi-waypoint virtual entitled Disneyland Geocaching (GC1980) which we completed with our good friends Team Shpadoinkle. This cache is a lot of fun and still going strong... Plus, its at freakin' DISNEYLAND!

!!!FUN!!!

Some of our first "regular" finds were also some of the most enjoyable, maybe because it was all so new then. Although a few have been archived, I am pleased that many are still in good shape and getting frequent visits. In particular, I am quite happy that the Henry's Trail (GC483) cache is among the long-time survivors...

Some of the now-archived caches I miss the most include The Rainforest (GCG0CP), Isla de los Muertos (a Pirate's Treasure) (GCKHJ1), and the absolutely beautiful Mussel Point (GCMM29).

:D

I noticed today that the first cache I ever found has probably gone to geoheaven. I know this probably sounds too overly sentimental, but is your first cache find still active?

The first one I ever did was in 2001 under the screen name "Tech Crew". It was part of a discovery of new technology and ended up with the development of a high school technology lesson plan.

First trip - DNF (Dec. 5th 2001) second trip was a hit! (Dec 7th 2001). Cache was GC2B1C and it's still goin' strong today. It was the first cache in my very small town and has withstood a rather harsh environment in an area frequented by muggles for 8 years. I got a FTF prize of a home made laser cut Geocaching.com window decal. It's still on my truck today and still prompts the occasional 'what's geocaching.com?' conversation.

My first fin under my new ID when I 'restarted' caching in 2007 however has been archived. It was GCVFAB and lived for only about 2 years.

Sadly my first find (Bridge Over Peaceful Waters) has been archived too. But I became an aquainted with the owner and performed maintenance on it many times. The last time it went MIA, he decided it had run its course and archived it. Because it is such a great site, I hid my first cache (Still Visiting The Bridge Over Peaceful Waters) very close to the original location.

Edited by DiamondDaveG

I don't remember what my first cache was. how embarrassing is that.

I had to re-log my caches when I changed accounts and so I can't even look it up.

I do remember the first cache I ever SAW found.

But then it turns out not to be a real cache afterall.

We had hiked to a nice overlook and my friend goes off in the bushes to....... find a tree....., and comes back with a big plastic box. I said, what is that? and he explained the game to me. He didn't know it was there either. Just found it.

turns out he found a letterbox, not the actual cache in that area afterall. We've got to go back one day and find the real cache.

so many caches, so little time......

I don't remember what my first cache was. how embarrassing is that.

I had to re-log my caches when I changed accounts and so I can't even look it up.

I do remember the first cache I ever SAW found.

But then it turns out not to be a real cache afterall.

We had hiked to a nice overlook and my friend goes off in the bushes to....... find a tree....., and comes back with a big plastic box. I said, what is that? and he explained the game to me. He didn't know it was there either. Just found it.

turns out he found a letterbox, not the actual cache in that area afterall. We've got to go back one day and find the real cache.

so many caches, so little time......

What was your old account name? Look it up and you should be able to figure it out.

The first cache I found is still there and still being found. Out of the first ten I found half of them are gone. I was truly amazed at how many of the caches I've found over the last few years are gone and archived.