No longer a Geocache Virgin

ksuaviator

<_< Found my first today with my brand new venture cx. I went out looking for 4 caches but only ended up finding 1. It was Awesome though! After sitting around for about 10 minutes, I started thinking much differently than when I first arrived. I started thinking "what would I do if I was hiding something in this area?" It worked. Plus, the find was in an empty park and upon entering I saw 5 deer staring at me wondering what I was up to. I love nature but don't really get to experience it much since I live in the city. I figure the other hides I was looking for may have been covered up by snow??? There's no way to check the status of the cache besides looking at when it was last found is there?

Oh also, the first cache I tried to find I was searching for around 10 min digging through the snow when I look up to see a police officer! Caught me off guard at first. After running my ID he told the dispatcher I was out playing "hide and seek" and asked for the name of the website. Maybe he'll convert. I should've printed off some of those handy pamphlets but I wanted to try out the new GPS before dark. Live and Learn. Such a great sport. Fitness for Free - Can't beat it.

I can see a caching addiction in my near future...

<_< Found my first today with my brand new venture cx. I went out looking for 4 caches but only ended up finding 1. It was Awesome though! After sitting around for about 10 minutes, I started thinking much differently than when I first arrived. I started thinking "what would I do if I was hiding something in this area?" It worked. Plus, the find was in an empty park and upon entering I saw 5 deer staring at me wondering what I was up to. I love nature but don't really get to experience it much since I live in the city. I figure the other hides I was looking for may have been covered up by snow??? There's no way to check the status of the cache besides looking at when it was last found is there?

Oh also, the first cache I tried to find I was searching for around 10 min digging through the snow when I look up to see a police officer! Caught me off guard at first. After running my ID he told the dispatcher I was out playing "hide and seek" and asked for the name of the website. Maybe he'll convert. I should've printed off some of those handy pamphlets but I wanted to try out the new GPS before dark. Live and Learn. Such a great sport. Fitness for Free - Can't beat it.

I can see a caching addiction in my near future...

Welcome to the addiction

It just gets easier to understand with time,as you find more,you will see all different types of hides.If they become kinda boring,move to a new area to hunt.I traveled 20 miles and started seeing new trends and different types.Good stuff.

Congrats!, I just got my first find a couple of days ago with my new Venture CX too. I've already met a few interesting people who approached me and ask, "Did you loose something", to which I responded, "No, actually I'm looking for something"! They all had puzzled looks on their faces, and then I explained the GPSr. I think they were still a little confused, but interested, maybe they'll get the "bug" too.

Regards Sonny