E-mail delays to gmail?

beejay&esskay

I had a PQ generated at 11AM PST today. Normally these arrive at gmail "immediately"...but it hasn't arrived yet.

I've tested sending an e-mail from another account to gmail and it arrived normally.

Is there some throttling gmail is doing to Groundspeak?

Nope, you PQ was successfully delivered to Gmail within a few seconds of being generated:

Feb 28 11:01:45 signal postfix/smtp[11084]: 532479F6EA: to=<x>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[72.14.253.27], delay=1, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1172689305 y11si1997631pod)

<_< Elias

I had a PQ generated at 11AM PST today. Normally these arrive at gmail "immediately"...but it hasn't arrived yet.

I've tested sending an e-mail from another account to gmail and it arrived normally.

Is there some throttling gmail is doing to Groundspeak?

I've gotten about 15 GC emails to my Gmail account today. No delay that I'm seeing. None were PQs though.

Thanks, Elias.

Sorry to trouble you. I do have it. And from the time on it would appear it was there all along...except I didn't see it and GSAK didn't download it.

I don't know if it was possible there was some delay between gmail and me...but in any case that wouldn't be your problem.

Thanks again.

Thanks, Elias.

Sorry to trouble you. I do have it. And from the time on it would appear it was there all along...except I didn't see it and GSAK didn't download it.

I don't know if it was possible there was some delay between gmail and me...but in any case that wouldn't be your problem.

Thanks again.

I pulled two pocket queries to Gmail, one in the afternoon and another just a short time ago. Normally they come pretty quickly but neither have.

I did 5 PQs and they all say they have run (2/28/2007 4:37:07 PM ) but not a one has shown up in Gmail... <_<

I sent a test email from an swbell account and it showed up within 10secs in Gmail.... I wonder if Gmail is holding them to back.. Seems like GC is doing it's part.....

I have 4 PQs that ran this morning, 2 at 1:15 and 2 at 1:20 PST. One that ran at 1:20 was received "immediately". The other 3 haven't shown up, 4 hours later.

I sent a PQ from another e-mail account to gmail and it arrived immedately.

I can't find any place to report this to gmail except to register and post something in a discussion group.

I found where to report gmail delays:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/request...port+your+issue.

I submitted one of my delays today (and mentioned other users were having trouble from Groundspeak.com)

My "immediately" received note above was incorrect. It arrived before I checked this morning, but since gmail displays the time before the delay it only appeared to be immediately.

Here's the relevant portion of a delay today:

Received: by 10.114.192.10 with SMTP id p10cs368881waf; Thu, 1 Mar 2007 05:30:55 -0800 (PST)

Received: by 10.114.155.1 with SMTP id c1mr48573wae.1172740850835; Thu, 01 Mar 2007 01:20:50 -0800 (PST) Return-Path: <contact@geocaching.com>

Received: from signal.Groundspeak.com (signal.Groundspeak.com [66.150.167.157]) by mx.google.com with ESMTP id n22si3879529pof.2007.03.01.01.20.49; Thu, 01 Mar 2007 01:20:50 -0800 (PST)

I too am experiencing PQ delays with my GMail account. I submitted a PQ last night that wasn't delivered until this morning, and submitted another about 0930 EST which still hasn't shown up. They were generated immediately by GC.Com. Regular GC.Com mail is coming through just fine..........sigh.

Bill

I see there's been another thread started concerning PQs and GMail...so the delays must still exist - I know they are for me. Certainly not a Groundspeak problem either...I have 3 PQs pending (all generated) for delivery to GMail...each more than 4 hours old and none received. Requested another and had it sent to an alternate (not GMail) e-mail...bingo, received within 2 minutes. All my other Groundspeak mail is arriving in a timely manner............sigh. Sure hope GMail hasn't started throttling.

Bill

The PQs are delivered to gmail which accepts them, so it's not the standard throttling (that Groundspeak could see.) The delay is within gmail.

I finally received my last PQ that ran early this morning. Run times and time that gmail delivered to me are:

0120 - 0321

0120 - 0530

0115 - 1057

0115 - 1318

I ran 2 PQs that I only run very occasionally. They both arrived in my Gmail account. I futzed up the dates, and had to re-run them. So I fixed the dates on both, generated copies of them, and submitted the copies to run. Only the second one arrived. I re-copied the first one, and submitted it. No sign of that one either yet. It's been a couple of hours now.

I have two pq's generated daily and they were last generated yesterday and I recieved them in my gmail acount within a minute. My pq's havn't yet generated on gc yet (march one) but i will post If they generate and I have a delay getting to my gmail inbox. I really hope they aren't throttling because I haven't had any problems yet (knocking on wood).

I had a pq generated at 12 04 eastern and recieved it in gmail at 12 04 eastern. However, one of my snow patrol pq never generated on 3/1. My pq that generated at 12 04 was techincally on 3/2 but not on pacific time where they originate from where it was still 9 04 pm. so i guess gc still has a little under 3 hours to get me my snow patrol pq to make it on 3/1.

Four PQs generated this morning (March 2) were delivered immediately.

Maybe the problem is resolved. I haven't heard from gmail, but will post their response here if I ever do.

[Edited to add:]

I got the same "it's fixed" message from gmail this afternoon.

Edited by beejay&esskay

I got a reply about the problem report I submitted to Gmail:

Hello,

Thank you for your report.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The issue you described should now be resolved. If you continue to experience difficulties, please respond to this message, and we'll investigate further.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

**crosses fingers and hopes the problem really is fixed**

I got a reply about the problem report I submitted to Gmail:

Hello,

Thank you for your report.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The issue you described should now be resolved. If you continue to experience difficulties, please respond to this message, and we'll investigate further.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

**crosses fingers and hopes the problem really is fixed**

Great, it works quickly now.

It may be happening again with gmail...but I see other threads reporting problems that don't make it clear who they are using for e-mail.

I had 4 PQs run this morning at 0351, 0351, 0356, 0357. I received the 0351 one with (from the header) no delay. Once I get one of the others I'll be able to tell from the headers if this is the previous gmail problem or something new.

Using Gmail.

Ran 5 PQ's around 8pm 3/5. They showed generated on the PQ page.

Today 12 hours later still nothing. No probs in the past.

I will attempt again today. I am leaving on my trip tomorrow!

I have received new cache notifications

I'd suggest a different e-mail provider if you have a choice. (Not long-term, but for a time-critical PQ right now...especially if you have PQs in the pipeline that haven't been delivered.)

Got any recommendations? I just switched from yahoo to gmail (yesterday)and I'm waiting also.

I will attempt again today. I am leaving on my trip tomorrow!

I'd suggest a different e-mail provider if you have a choice. (Not long-term, but for a time-critical PQ right now...especially if you have PQs in the pipeline that haven't been delivered.)

Switched to work email an hour ago. Thought maybe they would show up. Nothing :P

After changing my email AGAIN and 4 attempts to send a validation, I have now validated a new email. Out of 4 validation requested, 2 goth through, one said it was old and to use the newest mail, it never came so I did it a forth time.

Now validated again.

SO, will alll my backed up PQ's start to pour into my new address?? Or are they waiting to got to the OLD address?

OR do I have to requests them again, and hope the come tomorrow?

They already show generated for last night (never came) and today (never came.)

E-mail test from Groundspeak to a non-gmail account went through immediately.

Added contact@geocaching.com as a contact in gmail (as the Google people recommend to whitelist someone) and it's not having any effect - no mail received since 2:03 AM yesterday morning. Same effect on my Google on my Domain accounts too.

Pocket Query mail is also not being delivered to my sympatico.ca mail address at this time.

Perhaps this would be a good time to, oh I dunno, implement a "Download GPX File" link on the Pocket Query summary screen?

Another Gmail cacher not receiving PQs. Dang - that was the whole idea of switching to Gmail for geocaching since Charter Communications was the original problem. Worked great for a while.

Below are the four I created last night and the times they were generated. Haven't received any of them.

3/5/2007 8:21:18 PM

3/5/2007 8:34:58 PM

3/5/2007 8:21:29 PM

3/5/2007 9:10:44 PM

Just created a new one 3/6/2007 9:09:22 AM. Let's see if it makes it through.

I am having problems too receiving PQ's. I ran 2 last night about 10pm to a yahoo account and today I still haven't received them. I just ran 2 more to an AOL account and haven't received those either. I am supposed to leave today to go on a trip for work and caching.

I put a cache in the queue to be pre-reviewed before I submit it to the DCNR. I checked the cache first thing this morning, and it's been looked at with a note back from the reviewer. Well that was 12:55 AM as what the email says it was sent. I recieved it 1:13 PM. That's over a 12 hour delay. Something is wrong here.

Edit:

Looks like this is a Groundspeak issue looking at the header:

Delivered-To: emailnameremoved@gmail.com
Received: by 10.114.112.5 with SMTP id k5cs1022969wac;
	Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:13:01 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.114.75.1 with SMTP id x1mr1818458waa.1173204781450;
	Tue, 06 Mar 2007 10:13:01 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <noreply@geocaching.com>
Received: from signal.Groundspeak.com (signal.Groundspeak.com [66.150.167.157])
	by mx.google.com with ESMTP id q18si20163994pog.2007.03.06.10.13.01;
	Tue, 06 Mar 2007 10:13:01 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of noreply@geocaching.com designates 66.150.167.157 as permitted sender)
Received: from hal.Groundspeak.com (hal.Groundspeak.com [66.150.167.136])
by signal.Groundspeak.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8C9991C57ED
for <emailnameremoved@gmail.com>; Mon,  5 Mar 2007 21:55:49 -0800 (PST)
Received: from mail pickup service by hal.Groundspeak.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC;
 Mon, 5 Mar 2007 21:55:49 -0800

Notice it was "Recieved by hal.Groundspeak.com at 21:55 on Monday 5th.

Then recieved by mx.google.com from Groundspeak at 10:13 on Tuesday 6th.

Edited by Guyute1210