Magellan Meridian Color w/cable, car mount, Topo, Direct Route (v1.0), cigarette lighter adapter, mem. card and more

CrazyPete

I have no idea what it is worth, but I have my eye on a different toy... I figure before I put it all on eBay I'd poke around here... I even have the original box. I even bought a pack of screen protectors for it. I love the unit, but if someone else can enjoy it... it'll make me happy...

Let me know if anyone is interested,

Pete

I'm interested.........what's your bottom dollar? <_<

That's just it... I don't know what it is worth... I've been looking on eBay and they get a good dollar for them! I also have the neoprene case and I'm sure other goodies that I can't think of... I should mention that the v1.0 Road discs I have are copies made from discs that *I* owned that were ruined when a certain somebody thought they were a frisbee! The Topo software is original and I have the box for that as well.

Searching by completed auctions on eBay the unit alone is getting between $130 and $193... plus I have a ton of things for it...

I'm really looking for somebody who:

A) Knows what it is worth to kinda help me along

:D Will make better use of it than I will. :D

Pete

What exactly is included.

I am certainly interested, will make better use of it than you.

Need to know a few details on condition, a few pics might help.

It is in all like-new condition (I take pride in caring for my stuff!):

Magellan Meridian Color (w/box and all docs)

Neoprene case

12V Cigarette Lighter Adapter

Plastic "Screen Protector" (Color-form like stuff)

256k SD Card

MapSend Topo (Original Copy w/box)

DataCable

Direct Route v1.0 (COPY of **MY** ORIGINAL, THAT I BOUGHT, original ruined when used as frisbee)

(GRRRR!)

Automotive Mount

I'll try and snap a picture of everything when time permits...

Please any other questions you may have.

Thanks,

Pete

I would say try around $200. I know it sounds a rip off(as in cheap) but that would be more or less what you would get for it on ebay.

Unfortunately the ministry of finance has informed me that I am not to buy anymore gadgets untill we get back from Switzerland.

Yeah... looking @ eBay, that's around where I figured too...

Okay...

:) Thanks, Pete

Ok Folks... I'm ready to sell it. I'll post it here for a couple days and if it doesn't go I'll put it up on eBay. Truthfully, I would rather see it get a good home here. B)

Here is EVERYTHING that it comes with along with a description.

1) Twelve (12) BSTRONG LCD Protectors, Plus the one that is on the unit. The twelve unused ones are in the original package. The display is 100% perfect and like new. These screen films are awesome and do not change the view in the least. In fact they improve glare, etc. when caching, etc.

2) Magellan Serial Interface wire (This is the original one that came with the unit and not some third party junk. 100% perfect, and 100% original.)

3) Automotive Bracket (This is made by Magellan, and not a third party junk -- the real deal, and 100% perfect)

4) Cigarette Lighter Adapter (which integrates into the back of the Automotive Bracket, if wanted) -- This also, is 100% Magellan, and perfect.

5) SanDisk "Cruzer" USB SD Reader/Writer. Pop the 256MB SD in this and you can update maps, etc. MUCH faster than using the serial cable. It is 100% perfect. This also comes with nice, well made case. Really nice to have.

6) SanDisk 256MB SD Card. This is an ACTUAL SANDISK card, not some no-name brand. It is inside the unit, that is why it is not in the picture... It is perfect as well.

7) MapSend Topo 3.0 Original, with Box (UPC has been cut off for rebate when I bought it) and Case. Perfect.

8) Meridian Color (The actual GPS Unit) -- What can I say. It's perfect, the LCD is perfect and bright -- comes with original box. (UPC has been cut off for rebate when I bought it.)

9) REAL NEOPRENE case. This is the part that I get most excited over because often cases simply aren't very good. I paid top-dollar for this one, it is made in the UNITED STATES!!! Not some China knock-off. The clear plastic is in great shape, and it is heavy duty so will do a great job of protecting the unit. It fits the unit like a clove and has heavy duty release clip for the belt clip (the clip is on the back of the case that you can't see in the picture.) -- All I can say is I know I'm probably being silly, but the case, at least to me, is what made this unit that much more of a pleasure to use. When I bought it, I thought I was insane, but it was worth every cent. I hope whoever gets it enjoys it as much as I did.

10) MapSend Street v1.0 (THIS IS A BACK-UP of an ORIGINAL that *I* BOUGHT) -- the original was destroyed, and being the slightly cautious person that I can be, I backed it up when I bought it... which most times turns out to be a waste of a CD ROM, but in this case was a good idea! There is nothing left except the two CD-ROMS.

Right now the best offer I have is $218.00 and that includes the shipping and insurance. So... I'll offer the same deal here. I'll ship in anyplace in the lower 48 for $218.00 (or more, depending on the best offer I get.) I'll take Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. I will also take a check or a money order, but I won't ship it until the check clears. I don't take PayPal.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments. You can see my eBay user ID, which is "buyacandle"

100% feedback, and I take pride in the condition of the things I own and, in this case, have to sell...

GPSComplete.jpg

I am curious, how do original CD's get "destroyed" ???

10) MapSend Street v1.0 (THIS IS A BACK-UP of an ORIGINAL that *I* BOUGHT) -- the original was destroyed, and being the slightly cautious person that I can be, I backed it up when I bought it... which most times turns out to be a waste of a CD ROM, but in this case was a good idea! There is nothing left except the two CD-ROMS.

I also wonder why, if you are "the slightly cautious person that I can be" you do not have a backup of the other software pictured ?

Just wondering....

DyverDown

I am curious, how do original CD's get "destroyed" ???

I also wonder why, if you are "the slightly cautious person that I can be" you do not have a backup of the other software pictured ?

Just wondering....

DyverDown

To answer your first question:

The CD's got destroyed when the last woman I was dating kid's decided to throw them around like "frisbee numchucks" (I doubt I spelled that right)... anyway, one crack and the other was so badly scratched that I could use it.

To answer your second question:

I do have back-ups of the other disks, but I have to wonder why anyone would want them (they are welcome to have them) if the originals work 100%

Does that help answer your questions?

Thanks,

Pete

How good is the signal under trees, between buildings, etc?

I've always gotten good results in thick tree cover, etc. The last time I was crawling around in some thick brush looking for a cache on Island Beach State Park (NJ) -- (I didn't find the cache, but I did find plenty of ticks.)

Used it in NYC which is about as close to "between buildings" as I can get... worked very well.

Hope this helps,

Pete