Member Number

deimos444

I have not visited the forums for awhile and I seem to remember that hovering over a screenname on a forum post would show the member number.

Is this a true statement or a phantasm of my unsettled mind?

I tried a forum topic search and came up emptyhanded.

You are user number 236929.

I have not visited the forums for awhile and I seem to remember that hovering over a screenname on a forum post would show the member number.

Is this a true statement or a phantasm of my unsettled mind?

I tried a forum topic search and came up emptyhanded.

You are user number 236929.

And 9Key is 44768. :)

If you hover over the user name, and look at the bottom of your browser, (If you are usning IE at least.), you will see the member number at the end of the string there.

where do you find the membership numbers?

You didn't read as far as the 3rd post in this thread, did you, #9990? I would add to that post that you have to have your browser's status bar (View>Status Bar) visible.

I guess I wasn't too clear with my question, I was asking where you go to find the total number of people using geocaching.com

Edited by DWBur
There are 364,707 active caches worldwide.

In the last 7 days, there have been 203,355 new logs written by 30,939 account holders.

But isn't the "30,939 account holders" just the number of members who have added logs in the last 7 days? I've never assumed that was the same as the total number of account holders.

Of course, that figure does (roughly) represent the number of account holders "using geocaching.com" in the past week....

--Larry

Edited by larryc43230

In the last 7 days, there have been 203,355 new logs written by 30,939 account holders.

But isn't the "30,939 account holders" just the number of members who have added logs in the last 7 days? I've never assumed that was the same as the total number of account holders.

Of course, that figure does (roughly) represent the number of account holders "using geocaching.com" in the past week....

--Larry

Im not sure there's a way to figure out how many account holders there are (for one thing whats an 'account holder' exactly? <_< ). Some people have multiple accounts, and some teams/groups/families all use the same account.

--Larry

Im not sure there's a way to figure out how many account holders there are (for one thing whats an 'account holder' exactly? <_< ). Some people have multiple accounts, and some teams/groups/families all use the same account.

In the board statistics at the bottom of the main forum page you can hover your mouse over the Newest Member's name and get a general idea of what number they are on. Current person is Ambul8tor, #998288. So at least you can figure out how many logins exist for the site, in general... :D

Nobody knows how many of them are active, so it is pretty meaningless.

-J

--Larry

In the board statistics at the bottom of the main forum page you can hover your mouse over the Newest Member's name and get a general idea of what number they are on. Current person is Ambul8tor, #998288. So at least you can figure out how many logins exist for the site, in general... :D

Nobody knows how many of them are active, so it is pretty meaningless.

-J

Yes but that is the number of total 'accounts' in the database, not the number of people that have accounts, or the number of people using the 998000+ accounts. And of course the only time/usuage you can find out is for the last week from the main page :D .

Am I missing something? Why did this thread go moribund even after we hit the milestone? I wonder if she has any idea. Even though the number of active numbers is far smaller it's still a pretty cool milestone.

Sincerely,

Cacher 43,161

EDIT: I see the countdown continued at Cornerstone4's subsequent thread.

Edited by Theseus