Download ALL caches in a country

GeoCRAt

Is there a way to download ALL waypoints / caches in a particular country, using EasyGPS. For example, there are over 1,600 caches in South Africa and I would like to download them all at once, rather than doing them a page at a time. This would make it a lot easier to get the co-ordinates into a GPS. Thanks. :laughing:

Is there a way to download ALL waypoints / caches in a particular country, using EasyGPS. For example, there are over 1,600 caches in South Africa and I would like to download them all at once, rather than doing them a page at a time. This would make it a lot easier to get the co-ordinates into a GPS. Thanks. :laughing:

A Pocket Query would do the trick. However in order to do a PQ you must be a Premium Member.

Pocket Queries are limited to 500 caches however and the GPS receivers I know do not support 1600 waypoints ... 500 or 1000 max waypoints is more common. So 4 carefully created queries would pull all the caches from South Africa.

That being said you posted in the wrong section of the forums as your question is not related to geocoins.

I fail to see the usefullness of this...Would it not be more effective to just choose which areas you will be visiting, and just get multiple PQs based on that? How could you ever keep all the caches in a country up to date? They go missing, they get disabled, etc.

You are fighting a losing battle.

I fail to see the usefullness of this...Would it not be more effective to just choose which areas you will be visiting, and just get multiple PQs based on that? How could you ever keep all the caches in a country up to date? They go missing, they get disabled, etc.

No problem with a Garmin.

If using GSAK (with a macro for instance), an POI loader you could easily have ALL the caches in your GPS as "Custom POIs".

I use PQs for all updated caches approx. twice a weak.

I have all of Norways caches downloaded to mine, about 3400.

I have no idea of how EasyGPS is with handling this however.

The usefullness?

Well, I often travel unexpectedly to places i had no idea I would be.

This has prooven quite helpful.

[Name removed by moderator] (A South African geocacher) has compiled a GPX file of all the geocaches in SA, it gets updated once a week and is very handy. To download all the geocaches in SA (In ZIP format) click here [link removed] or visit [website name removed].

Sounds handy, but unfortunately it's against the TOU to share cache data that way. Don't be surprised if they hear from Groundspeak about that file. While I agree that sometimes it would be handy to be able to download a whole country/state in one file, they're the ones who set the rules and for now it's 500 caches/query X 5. How much cache data does one person really need, anyway?

Edited by Keystone

How much cache data does one person really need, anyway?

Perhaps he travels all over the country and never knows where he's going to be and would like to be ready when he finds a few minutes to go caching.

It's the same reason I download 500 caches around the hotel I'll be staying at whenever I go on a business trip, but never plan on doing that many. In fact, I rarely have time for more than 2 or 3 but that doesn't mean I don't want my GPS to be full.