Potential Problem Caches

tozainamboku

I just happened upon this old post. It's funny how my personal experiences and the intolerance of others have moved me to be more open minded to these caches.

That post really doesn't have much to do with this thread. I considered finding a similar old post of mine for the Good vs Bad caches thread. That thread is a little less controversial because it asks what each individual thinks is good vs. bad. Still I find myself posting to that thread why caches we consider bad may in fact be good for someone else. You may want to post this there to show how (and why) your attitudes have changed.

I just happened upon this old post. It's funny how my personal experiences and the intolerance of others have moved me to be more open minded to these caches.

That post really doesn't have much to do with this thread. I considered finding a similar old post of mine for the Good vs Bad caches thread. That thread is a little less controversial because it asks what each individual thinks is good vs. bad. Still I find myself posting to that thread why caches we consider bad may in fact be good for someone else. You may want to post this there to show how (and why) your attitudes have changed.

My thinking is that it was on point to this thread because of my stated opinion about LPCs at Ralph's. Either way, who cares? Not me.

Status report, TGB? Have you talked with anyone yet?

It's been a week since we've heard from him. I wonder if he's still working on it, or just staying away from this conversation?

Perhaps he was mostly right, and only achieved getting geocaching banned from Hawaii and not the whole world?

Too Tall, I've opened up a new thread here. But I will send you the described link mentioned in the thread because I'd really like to get your feedback at this juncture.

A geocaching friend of mine got caught red handed retrieving a pill bottle from underneath a lamp post cover. I could only assume that the employee thought the cacher was engaged in nefarious activity, like retrieving his drug stash.

In all the history of drug addiction and abuse can anyone show me one case where a doper hid his stash under a light skirt in a parking lot?

Not LPCs, but in Chico, California we (Chico PD) have had documented drug deals conducted with magnetic key containers near apartment complexes and public parks.

I know what that's about. Even though I don't live in a city, I have been to the city for geocaching. I wasn't sure what to do when a bunch of teenage boys started watching me. I figured it was a smart move to abandon the hunt and come back another day. <_< I haven't gone back, but I am planning to. :ph34r: Stelth required! Muggles can be a pain sometimes. Too bad we don't have things that could make them forget, like in the Harry Potter world, with memory spell... those would be SO nice!

I know what that's about. Even though I don't live in a city, I have been to the city for geocaching. I wasn't sure what to do when a bunch of teenage boys started watching me. <_< I figured it was a smart move to abandon the hunt and come back another day. I haven't gone back, but I am planning to. :ph34r: Stelth required in the city, any city! Muggles can be a pain sometimes. Too bad we don't have things that could make them forget, like in the Harry Potter world, with memory spell... those would be SO nice! ;)

Muggles can be SOOOOOOOOOO clueless sometimes, although they think it's for everyone's good. (*=Not geocachers) There was a cache on a very busy road on the way I take home and a muggle found it and though it was a bomb. The Day After Trinity - 1981 was blown up after the police received a call. I wasn't a Geocacher back then (just for the record, I didn't find it!), so I just assumed a troublemaker put a bomb there. Another issue with muggles is they sometimes assume that the cache is part of drug dealing. Another understandable, but still... The worst one is when muggles find the cache and... "play" with it. :mad: Including stealing items, messing with the cache and it's contents, and at the worst, stealing the cache. My cousin, geocacher from 413, had a cache that was muggled and it had to be replaced. Something to think about though are the caches, like altoid containers, that to muggles, look like trash. I have experienced that once.

Advice to new hiders: don't go with caches that are in the open and "suspicious", avoid caches that could be mistaken for "trash", and be VERY careful around muggles and with urban geocaching.

~Rider of The Stars~